HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Dion Phaneuf done?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 02:41 PM
  #126
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
This, it was a **** game all around except for the few you mentioned. It was on back to back nights after 4 games in 6 days. This does not excuse the terrible game yesterday, but basing everyone off of one horrific game is as bad as judging everyone after one tremendous game.

And no, Dion is not done. Yesterday, like nearly everyone else, he had a bad game.
Yep, even the coach, looked like the ghost of Ron Wilson returned last night. Ron and gunless.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
  #127
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
is phanuef worth his salary? no
is phanuef captain material? no
does phanuef have a place on the leafs moving forward? absolutely

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
  #128
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
is phanuef worth his salary? no
is phanuef captain material? no
does phanuef have a place on the leafs moving forward? absolutely
Probably the most concise and accurate thing I've read in this thread so far.

Phaneuf is a good player, just not as good as he's required to be. If and when Rielly becomes what we want him to be and Phaneuf goes back to being a #2 guy, we'll be gushing over him.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
  #129
Ramboshaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Meadow Lake, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome View Post


Oh right the guy that wants to trade Gardiner for anyone who will take him.
He is in the AHL now so by logical reasoning he must be useless

Ramboshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
  #130
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
How is this not PresidentCamacho.
How do you know it isn't?

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
  #131
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 32,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
How is this not PresidentCamacho.
You may be on to something.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
  #132
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
troll thread.

phanuef owned crosby all night...reimer's gotta bail him out on that goal...you are all probably too young to remember but marty did have to bail out stevens as well.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
  #133
mohare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
That shot was high and wide.

And injured our poor star winger Lupul (who I like).

Cost the teams millions in downtime.

Phaneuf is racking up quite a bill here in Toronto (overr 9 million!)
That shot was deflected by the player going down to block it. Did you even watch the game?

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
  #134
TimeZone
Euro talent
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,875
vCash: 500
He was great the first two games...plays one bad game and he's done? smh....some fans are just ridiculous.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
  #135
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohare View Post
That shot was deflected by the player going down to block it. Did you even watch the game?
Didn't you read what he wrote before? Once he's made up his mind, that's it. Facts won't work on him.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
  #136
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohare View Post
That shot was deflected by the player going down to block it. Did you even watch the game?
Show me this deflection.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
  #137
The Magic Man
With God given hands
 
The Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 500
So many other MASSIVE holes in this line up and I get up to find threads filled with "trade Kessel" "Blame Phaneuf".

Good god help us all.

Don't talk about Scrivens never really playing a great game out of the 3 he's been in. Don't talk about the fact that we have an AHL journeyman doing an admirable, yet not quite good enough job filling in as a 2D. Don't talk about the PP that has yet to form any semblance of a system.

Ya. Talk about our #1D, playing one bad game. After getting star of the game in a game where he did nothing but play great D, no points. Dion has been rock solid up until last night. Picking off lots of passes and breaking up good scoring chances in our zone. His D looks great under Carlyle and expect it to be great all season. if he doesn't have a legit NHL starter behind him, all the times faster skaters sneak by him and he makes common mistakes, he will most likely be on the ice for a goal against.

He doesn't have Rinne or Rask or Lundqvist behind him. He has back up talent there.

The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
  #138
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
I'd really like to see this deflection before I go buy myself some shawarma

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  #139
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
So many other MASSIVE holes in this line up and I get up to find threads filled with "trade Kessel" "Blame Phaneuf".

Good god help us all.

Don't talk about Scrivens never really playing a great game out of the 3 he's been in. Don't talk about the fact that we have an AHL journeyman doing an admirable, yet not quite good enough job filling in as a 2D. Don't talk about the PP that has yet to form any semblance of a system.

Ya. Talk about our #1D, playing one bad game. After getting star of the game in a game where he did nothing but play great D, no points. Dion has been rock solid up until last night. Picking off lots of passes and breaking up good scoring chances in our zone. His D looks great under Carlyle and expect it to be great all season. if he doesn't have a legit NHL starter behind him, all the times faster skaters sneak by him and he makes common mistakes, he will most likely be on the ice for a goal against.

He doesn't have Rinne or Rask or Lundqvist behind him. He has back up talent there.
Hate and reason don't really go well with each other.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #140
mohare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Show me this deflection.
Leafs Video

Section: What's New
Video: Lupul Injured, on Page 3 (right now).
Time: second 13 - 16

You'll see Pittsburgh #27 go down to block the shot. The first replay from behind the net its hard to see, but the second from the side cam you can see the puck ramp off the pittsburgh player and take a higher trajectory.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #141
The Magic Man
With God given hands
 
The Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohare View Post
That shot was deflected by the player going down to block it. Did you even watch the game?
We're wasting our time debating with a brick wall. If you blame a Dman for having too hard a shot and it breaking a players arm, well...... I don't want an infraction, but most of us should know what conclusion to come to.

He should have listened to his coach, who no doubt said, "wait until there is no one in front to unload, we don't want anyone getting hurt."

The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #142
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I'd really like to see this deflection before I go buy myself some shawarma
Go watch the video on the main Leafs site under "Lupul injured". I'm pausing it over and over again and you can see how Phaneuf's shot is going low, but is somehow redirected upwards.

edit: yeah I just managed to pause it right where the puck hits the D-man. Though I know you'll just say you can't see it and Phaneuf's a pylon.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
  #143
mohare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Go watch the video on the main Leafs site under "Lupul injured". I'm pausing it over and over again and you can see how Phaneuf's shot is going low, but is somehow redirected upwards.

edit: yeah I just managed to pause it right where the puck hits the D-man. Though I know you'll just say you can't see it and Phaneuf's a pylon.
Its not just upward. I think the shot was going glove side and ended up stick side.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:59 PM
  #144
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohare View Post
Leafs Video

Section: What's New
Video: Lupul Injured, on Page 3 (right now).
Time: second 13 - 16

You'll see Pittsburgh #27 go down to block the shot. The first replay from behind the net its hard to see, but the second from the side cam you can see the puck ramp off the pittsburgh player and take a higher trajectory.
I don't see the deflection of 27.

Looked like it cleared over him to be honest.

Anyway to slow these videos down?

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:59 PM
  #145
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 32,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Go watch the video on the main Leafs site under "Lupul injured". I'm pausing it over and over again and you can see how Phaneuf's shot is going low, but is somehow redirected upwards.

edit: yeah I just managed to pause it right where the puck hits the D-man. Though I know you'll just say you can't see it and Phaneuf's a pylon.
It doesn't matter, it's a hockey play. You'll have to had played or at least have a basic understanding of the game know that.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
  #146
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
The puck was saucering in the air.

If it was deflected you would think it would start flopping

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
  #147
The Magic Man
With God given hands
 
The Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
It doesn't matter, it's a hockey play. You'll have to had played or at least have a basic understanding of the game know that.
No kidding. It's at a good tipping height. Waist high, knock it down between the legs. How many times did we see Roberts do that?

The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
  #148
mohare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I don't see the deflection of 27.

Looked like it cleared over him to be honest.

Anyway to slow these videos down?
If you watch it a bunch in a row you'll start to see the puck bounce. Or you can click play/pause really quickly and make your own slo-mo.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:02 PM
  #149
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,655
vCash: 500
No. He's fine, some of us are overreacting. Which is fine in some sense but they are letting their anger, frustrating and sorrow blur their vision.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:03 PM
  #150
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohare View Post
If you watch it a bunch in a row you'll start to see the puck bounce. Or you can click play/pause really quickly and make your own slo-mo.
Ok i did that and it does look like it deflected.

Phaneuf is only a $6.5 million player again.

Still overpaid!


Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.