HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I guess Brad somehow blocked me from reading his posts. This thread is going to be so boring now.
wait-- I know you can block certain posters responses on here (though I have never done that, its juvenile...be a man and read everyone, for christs sakes)...

But you can also block other people from reading you???

Seriously??

Wow. What will they think of next? (and it just goes to show you....kids rule the world, this is a silly world we live in. "youth, its wasted on the young" sure rings true)

Old
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
The only reference point you have on how players will develop is recent history of other players in that draft span, how old they are and similar skill sets.

You've gone off enough trying to discredit me with nonsense. First you say "LOL the next Tavares" yet then say you believe he is a top prospect.

You can compare him to anyone you want, that is what the scouts are saying. I'm not saying I believe it or not, i'm just repeating their statements.

Blocked.
Hi Brad--

It seems that you get very upset when someone disagrees with you. "Blocked". What does that mean? You wont read him?

You also keep telling people that Caps fans are stupid. Why is that, exactly? Stupidity is failing to realize that one own myopic views are not the end of the line.

adjective
1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
3. tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.
5. in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.

So you see us Caps fan as the above? To each his own, but in reading this thread, you seem to be a big part of the problem here.

"Blocked", "Owned", "You Lose", "I win", "Bye now"....etc etc. These are not endearing terms to use when having a discussion. They are inflamatory, at best....grade school type expletives (frustration boling over) at worst. Only one poster wrote all of those things (most being edited out later on by the same said poster).

I am not attacking you. Just posting Wikipedia type facts for you.

So please block me, or whatever it is you need to do to feel better, and to enable yourself to not be argued with. Eventually you will just be posting to yourself, and thusly reading only your own posts, I am afraid.

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 01-27-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
I have to say a little of both. Its hard to put a lot on coaching seeing how the season got started. I have never been a fan of the makeup of the team. So I will always lean that way.

From the start it seemed like the other teams took the off season a lot more serous then our guys. The guys seem a step behind most of the game. That could come from to much thinking about the new system. I tend to think they are not in as good of shape.

Still too many bad and mishandled passes.
Still no movement on the PP.
The fire and aggression we saw in the penalty kill is gone.
Still no one clearing the front of our net.
The guys that are part of the young gun group seem listless.
The younger guys seem to have taken steps back.
There was a few signs of life from Green.
Neuvirth look good last game.
It really shocking how bad Mojo looks.

I would not even know were to start to fix things.
There has been very little glimpses of "fire", and even the team knows it...which is scary. After loss #2 and loss #3, players were questioning their own effort. WTF is that? 3 games into the season, and they question their own effort? That's the type of stuff you read 2/3rds into the season when you are a cellar dweller....not right at the start of the season.

That, in an of itself, is what ails the Caps the most. Fix that problem, and you fix this team. Its not a talent problem persay, but an attitude problem.

That said, the talent is not Stanley CUp worthy, but thats not the biggest issue.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
I think we should stop being so focused on Ovi and look at the rest of the team. For instance, let's focus on the forwards. We currently have only two 30 goal scorers among our forwards - Ovi and Backstrom. Only 3 of our forwards have ever broken 60 pts. - 8, 19 and Ribeiro.

Over the last few years we lost a lot of skilled players: Semin, Fedorov, Kozlov, Fleischmann, and even Knuble. All those players had higher skill sets than anyone on our roster, save for the big 3. At this point, I think that we simply lack the skill level necessary to play offensive hockey.
I missed this post. Spot on. x 1000

Caps are not talented enough anymore to play a "wide open" game. Hunter saw it, so we played his brand of hockey. But that was too a fault.

That team lost Semin, Wideman and Knuble. Three more offensive players. Added Ribeiro...who I like a lot, but who doesnt make up for the other 3. Wolski....remains to be seen.

George tried to add grit to a offensive flare team, after Montreal 2010. He didnt add the right grit, and now we are simply bleeding offense. My theme is constant on here....we need a new GM, and we need one before he bleeds this team completely dry of the indentity and talent that was so feared by the NHL, just a mere few seasons ago.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:11 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
i really feel bad u guys got oates. love the guy, and an amazing player, but i was so happy when he left the devs bench.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:12 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
also i dont follow prospects enough, but how is galiev coming along? really like the kid and would like to see him have a good career.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
I think we should stop being so focused on Ovi and look at the rest of the team. For instance, let's focus on the forwards. We currently have only two 30 goal scorers among our forwards - Ovi and Backstrom. Only 3 of our forwards have ever broken 60 pts. - 8, 19 and Ribeiro.

Over the last few years we lost a lot of skilled players: Semin, Fedorov, Kozlov, Fleischmann, and even Knuble. All those players had higher skill sets than anyone on our roster, save for the big 3. At this point, I think that we simply lack the skill level necessary to play offensive hockey.
While I believe some of that is true, especially concerning the forwards the Caps have iced so far this season, I think if you go back and look at the last great, in the regular season anyway, Caps team, '09-'10, from a talent perspective we aren't looking at any real significant gulf between that team and the 2 teams immediately afterwards, both of which Ovechkin was not anywhere close to the player he was previously.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:30 AM
johnsic

Id like to see Eric Fehr in second line with Mike Ribeiro. I would also put Mathieu Perreault in first line and see what he could do.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:32 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsic View Post
Id like to see Eric Fehr in second line with Mike Ribeiro. I would also put Mathieu Perreault in first line and see what he could do.
I wouldn't. Fehr is nowhere near NHL speed right now. Perreault could be a nice winger on the top two lines, but he played his way to the bench. He asked to be played, Oates obliged, and he crapped the bed.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:17 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Do the rest of us a favor and stop quoting BradD.

If Colorado is really seeking a young forward and a 2nd for ROR, George better be on the horn offering MJ, a 2nd and a D prospect if it'll get the deal done.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Did anyone else watch a KHL game durning the lockout and notice how slow the game was?

Makes me wonder if the players who spent time in KHL have not adjusted to the fast pace of a NHL game. How many Other players who played KHL are off to slow start?

Old
01-27-2013, 02:35 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Did anyone else watch a KHL game durning the lockout and notice how slow the game was?

Makes me wonder if the players who spent time in KHL have not adjusted to the fast pace of a NHL game. How many Other players who played KHL are off to slow start?
Pavelski is off to a great start, Malkin, Datsyuk, don't think it's the problem.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Do the rest of us a favor and stop quoting BradD.

If Colorado is really seeking a young forward and a 2nd for ROR, George better be on the horn offering MJ, a 2nd and a D prospect if it'll get the deal done.
I'd like ROR, but he and MAJO were drafted the same year with MAJO taken a few slots higher. The production numbers for both of them are comparable and MAJO has played about 90 fewer NHL games. I think MAJO like Flash, would flourish in Col., but I don't see where you would need more than MAJO for ROR. The best the Caps should offer for ROR would be MAJO and JFS, no draft choices and certainly no prospects (not like we're loaded with them).

Old
01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Pavelski is off to a great start, Malkin, Datsyuk, don't think it's the problem.
Both Penguins games I have watched, Malkin has seemed invisible and any danger was created by Neal, but IMO that's kind of what was happening in the KHL, invisible then gets 3 points because of Mozyakin.

Though if I have learned anything, he's probably going to pull off some 5 point game now.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I'd like ROR, but he and MAJO were drafted the same year with MAJO taken a few slots higher. The production numbers for both of them are comparable and MAJO has played about 90 fewer NHL games. I think MAJO like Flash, would flourish in Col., but I don't see where you would need more than MAJO for ROR. The best the Caps should offer for ROR would be MAJO and JFS, no draft choices and certainly no prospects (not like we're loaded with them).
Then the Avs pass comfortably.

O'Reilly is significantly more valuable than Mojo because there's more to the game than points and draft slot. There's a reason the Kings went all in for Mike Richards rather than spending a 2nd rounder on Olli Jokinen to put up "comparable numbers" for them.

What do we have to gain by not overpaying (and thus not getting the player), exactly? The hope that our core of conflicting play styles one day goes all the way because there's so much "value" on the roster? **** that. 9 forward spots, 6 defenseman spots, 1 goalie spot. Fill them with the best players you can that all play a complementary playoff style. Who cares about "value" beyond that.

It's literally never been easier to assemble a perennial contender than it is with this year's draft, shortened season dynamics and UFA class dynamics. And McPhee is gonna blow it and hoard all our nuts and Leonsis is gonna give him a pat on the back.

Last edited by Halpysback: 01-27-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old
01-27-2013, 03:01 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Then the Avs pass comfortably.

O'Reilly is significantly more valuable than Mojo because there's more to the game than points and draft slot. There's a reason the Kings went all in for Mike Richards rather than spending a 2nd rounder on Olli Jokinen to put up "comparable numbers" for them.

What do we have to gain by not overpaying (and thus not getting the player), exactly? The hope that our core of conflicting play styles one day goes all the way because there's so much "value" on the roster? **** that. 9 forward spots, 6 defenseman spots, 1 goalie spot. Fill them with the best players you can that all play a complementary playoff style. Who cares about "value" beyond that.

It's literally never been easier to assemble a perennial contender than it is with this year's draft, shortened season dynamics and UFA class dynamics. And McPhee is gonna blow it and hoard all our nuts and Leonsis is gonna give him a pat on the back.
Let's remember, we don't know if there's been discussions between the two teams and if so what they might entail.

Whereas, there's been plenty of discussions on the HF Boards and what the Avs fans want is Alzner. Every fan base over values their teams players and under values the other teams. From the little I know about ROR is that he had a heck of a season last year so if Colorado or its fans really believe that he's worth all of these assets from another team, than why isn't he worth the salary he's seeking.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I wouldn't. Fehr is nowhere near NHL speed right now. Perreault could be a nice winger on the top two lines, but he played his way to the bench. He asked to be played, Oates obliged, and he crapped the bed.
crapped the bed? A little over the top there. He barely could get out of bed with that ice time. You could start calling a lot of more played, and more paid players before you start on MP.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Capitlols

Wrong thread.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Let's remember, we don't know if there's been discussions between the two teams and if so what they might entail.

Whereas, there's been plenty of discussions on the HF Boards and what the Avs fans want is Alzner. Every fan base over values their teams players and under values the other teams. From the little I know about ROR is that he had a heck of a season last year so if Colorado or its fans really believe that he's worth all of these assets from another team, than why isn't he worth the salary he's seeking.
I was going off of the young prospect forward + 2nd rumors. Alzner is obviously a nonstarter, yeah. In fact Alzner getting a 6 million revenge offersheet is the only reason I'm against offersheeting O'Reilly.

That said, I'd be willing to overpay substantially if overpayment constitutes. Johansson, Schilling, 2 2nds. Or Johansson, 1st '14 (I think we tank this year).

O'Reilly alone is far from a solution though. We'd need to bring in like 6 more gritty playoff forwards to get the Kings' aura stack. But O'Reilly with Forsberg and someone like Kulemin, Winnik (they had mad chemistry in colorado) or Clutterbuck on the 3rd line is a great start to building an unstoppable playoff machine. Ideally I'd try to get all of those guys for the bottom lines.

Kulemin - O'Reilly - Forsberg
Winnik - McClemment - Clutterbuck

Wonder if we hired Burke if he could pull something like that. Playoffs would be a treat to watch. Him and Perry also have a thing together, and he could probably get great value for Green /drool.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
crapped the bed? A little over the top there. He barely could get out of bed with that ice time. You could start calling a lot of more played, and more paid players before you start on MP.
What would you call it? He asked for ice time, started the game, and took a bad penalty on the first shift. He was invisible the rest of the game. He asked for more ice time, got a chance, and blew it.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:04 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
deleted for sight violation

Old
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
What would you call it? He asked for ice time, started the game, and took a bad penalty on the first shift. He was invisible the rest of the game. He asked for more ice time, got a chance, and blew it.
I guess I missed where he got top 6 ice time and played all situations...(in other words a real chance).

Old
01-27-2013, 06:03 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I guess I missed where he got top 6 ice time and played all situations...(in other words a real chance).
perreault is never going to be on the penalty kill. lets just start there. he wont play in all situations. he is too small to be a checking center. you wont see him taking defensive zone face offs protecting a lead.

i saw him on the power play today. i am not expecting to see him replace a healthy backstrom or ribeiro anytime soon. are you?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:18 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
perreault is never going to be on the penalty kill. lets just start there. he wont play in all situations. he is too small to be a checking center. you wont see him taking defensive zone face offs protecting a lead.

i saw him on the power play today. i am not expecting to see him replace a healthy backstrom or ribeiro anytime soon. are you?
I wouldn't mind trying Perreault on the PK, why not? I mean, if Ovie can be out there. MP85 is shifty, fast, hustles, pretty smart on the ice. It's not that many boardbattles on the pk, which is where he's at disadvantage, especially if you're a forward.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I wouldn't mind trying Perreault on the PK, why not? I mean, if Ovie can be out there. MP85 is shifty, fast, hustles, pretty smart on the ice. It's not that many boardbattles on the pk, which is where he's at disadvantage, especially if you're a forward.
Anyone to get Bone Head Brouwer off the PK

Closed Thread