HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Anyone could make up that excuse though .
Its a technology company. These products all have serial and model numbers, as well as the 'codes' to get NT. They can see if it wasnt activated or not, but its probably not the front line customer service people that do this check.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Anyone could make up that excuse though .
Yes, and they asked to see a copy of my receipt. I sent them it and then they said 'oh, it's only for pre-orders

No it isn't. My brother just bought 2 copies of the game earlier this week and they had the codes in it.

It's terrible false advertisement

02-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Yes, and they asked to see a copy of my receipt. I sent them it and then they said 'oh, it's only for pre-orders

No it isn't. My brother just bought 2 copies of the game earlier this week and they had the codes in it.

It's terrible false advertisement
Well if you showed them actually evidence of it ; which you did , then yea the poster above made some good points .

And yea a couple friends just bought the game a few weeks ago and got the code .

Old
02-06-2013, 03:34 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Playing demolition solo is going to give me an ulcer

I don't know how many times I've seen the enemy team plant, and not a single green arrow on the mini map heading for the bomb site to defuse

I'm going to complete finish in the top 3 50 times before I complete 50 wins, and that's frustrating!

Old
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
curious, Are you good at talking to customer service on the phone?
Stay calm, explain to them early in the convo that you are upset with the product, not the person. Tell them the issue. If they say they can not help, ask to speak to someone else.

No chance this is the first time it has happened, and I'm sure CS knows about it. They are probably informed to tell people they cant help.

If you didnt get it, its false advertising, which is illegal. I'm sure they wouldnt want to deal with a class action lawsuit in this situation (dont threaten).

I believe it was one of the Mass Effect (could be wrong) games that had a class action brought against them for false adertising... soon after it went public, the suit was dropped...
I've tried both phone and the chat a few times since last thursday. They told me I would be given a code if I sent a copy of my receipt through their system and someone would check it right away. After I did, I didn't hear anything back until I contacted them on tuesday and they told me they'd get right around to it.

After they didn't I contacted them today and was informed that anyone who has it was a pre-order. Like my post above says, my brother just bought 2 copies of it and it has the code and they've included the codes since the week of christmas in all new copies.

They are just a terrible company with terrible customer service. There's a reason I don't buy their stuff anymore

Old
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
jw2

Go through what I said... then tell them you told by a representative there that they would send over your code, but you never received it.

If they refuse, really speak to a manager. They advertised it, and told you (with receipt) they would give you the code. If not, contact the better business bureau... there is another federal agency to contact, the name escapes me right now.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:44 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I'm going to complete finish in the top 3 50 times before I complete 50 wins, and that's frustrating!
I always finish top 3 50 times before the 50 wins.

I can't control how bad my teammates are, I can easily control being top 3. That's no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
KSG isn't really a shotgun though, its more of a semi-auto rifle
Aint that the truth. Just got the black camo for the last shotgun, a couple easy extra challenges and I'll have diamond camos and can go back to using the 870mc again.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Any tips for headshots?

They always seem to escape me

Old
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Any tips for headshots?

If you're using an SMG, throw on a laser sight and hip-fire high. You'll get some sure fire headshots that weren't headshots at all.

But really, all you can do is aim high, and if use a sight instead of the irons on most guns to make it more precise.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Quote:
Any tips for headshots?

Aside from aiming higher...AN-94

I seem to get a ridiculous amount with it, even when I'm not trying. Especially at longer distance.

Using a RDS may also help if you are struggling with the iron sights of the gun you use.

Last edited by Smelling Salt: 02-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Smelling Salt

Quote:
I've tried both phone and the chat a few times since last thursday. They told me I would be given a code if I sent a copy of my receipt through their system and someone would check it right away. After I did, I didn't hear anything back until I contacted them on tuesday and they told me they'd get right around to it.

After they didn't I contacted them today and was informed that anyone who has it was a pre-order. Like my post above says, my brother just bought 2 copies of it and it has the code and they've included the codes since the week of christmas in all new copies.

They are just a terrible company with terrible customer service. There's a reason I don't buy their stuff anymore
Bogus man. That pre-order excuse is terrible. Like you said, all initial shippings of the game came with the code. If you think about it, if it was only the people who pre-ordered that got it, it would terribly segment the playlists. That would be stupid. I wonder if they didn't think about that until after they announced the "bonus" for pre-ordering.

I've got Nuketown but still haven't played it. Wish they would just throw it in the standard playlists.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
Bogus man. That pre-order excuse is terrible. Like you said, all initial shippings of the game came with the code. If you think about it, if it was only the people who pre-ordered that got it, it would terribly segment the playlists. That would be stupid. I wonder if they didn't think about that until after they announced the "bonus" for pre-ordering.

I've got Nuketown but still haven't played it. Wish they would just throw it in the standard playlists.
Keep that crap of a map out of my standard playlists.

Let the kids play the frag fest of a map in their own playlist.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Called customer support again and was hung up on when I asked for a manager

Old
02-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Smelling Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Keep that crap of a map out of my standard playlists.

Let the kids play the frag fest of a map in their own playlist.
I honestly don't see much difference between Nuketown and a map like Hijacked. It's a clusterfook, spawn-trapping extravaganza as well. I was dropped in a game of TDM Hijacked last night. The score was 52-18 and the team I was on was trapped at the back of the boat. Spawn-die-spawn-die. There was a VSAT and Stealth Chopper in the air. Not ashamed to admit that after about one minute and 4 deaths I bailed.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:42 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
I honestly don't see much difference between Nuketown and a map like Hijacked. It's a clusterfook, spawn-trapping extravaganza as well. I was dropped in a game of TDM Hijacked last night. The score was 52-18 and the team I was on was trapped at the back of the boat. Spawn-die-spawn-die. There was a VSAT and Stealth Chopper in the air. Not ashamed to admit that after about one minute and 4 deaths I bailed.
Hey now, not a huge fan of Hijacked either, but Nuketown is a whole different level of special.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Paradigm

I'm about to throw in the towel. My W/L ratio in Hardpoint has dropped from 1.09 to .96 meaning I've lost about 20 of my last 22 games.

I know solo sucks, but I got it to 1.09 from .65 solo as well.

My entire team seems to go negative every game while the entire enemy team goes positive - it almost never fails.

So frustrating, everything has just gone off a cliff since the patch

Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I really like the SWAT for Hardcore..

Now if only I could get some headshots..

Old
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
RussianRocket10

The SWAT 556 is nice. I hated it when the game first came out but my opinion has changed. Wish I had gold for it.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:44 PM
jw2

Quote:
Called customer support again and was hung up on when I asked for a manager
Classy.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:38 AM
RussianRocket10

Gotta practice quickscoping next time I get on to play. Change up my playstyle some.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:12 AM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Activision's customer support is really pissing me off.

My case says Nuketown 2025 included

No code was included.

I paid for the game and didn't get the code. I should be given a code for it, yes?

They are refusing to do so
Where did you buy it?

Had the same issue when I got my game from GameStop. I called GameStop and they gave me the code over the phone.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Where did you buy it?

Had the same issue when I got my game from GameStop. I called GameStop and they gave me the code over the phone.
I got it from gamestop as well

Old
02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Any tips for headshots?

I ALWAYS have my reticle aiming head high. I make sure a couple of shots fire and then I start pulling down. Been doing that since CS 1.6.

Just constantly be aiming up there, and eventually you'll just be getting head shots nonstop. Have to be disciplined about it though. Don't get frustrated and stop.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I ALWAYS have my reticle aiming head high. I make sure a couple of shots fire and then I start pulling down. Been doing that since CS 1.6.

Just constantly be aiming up there, and eventually you'll just be getting head shots nonstop. Have to be disciplined about it though. Don't get frustrated and stop.
Most guns have a upwards recoil so I just try to aim near the chest/shoulders and it usually does the trick. I ADS too much, so even with the laser, I find myself ADS'ing.

With a gun like the FAL (without select fire), I just aim higher and then try to correct.

I think the fastest I got 100 headshots is with the Chicom. The burst seemed to help for some reason. Don't know why.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Most guns have a upwards recoil so I just try to aim near the chest/shoulders and it usually does the trick. I ADS too much, so even with the laser, I find myself ADS'ing.

With a gun like the FAL (without select fire), I just aim higher and then try to correct.

I think the fastest I got 100 headshots is with the Chicom. The burst seemed to help for some reason. Don't know why.
Because the recoil corrects itself after each burst.

Closed Thread