HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

vCash: 500
I played 5 straight team death matches where all my teammates had a k/d below 1.0 excluding one person who had somewhere around 1.5 iicr. The other team always had two or three players with a k/d above 2.0 and the others above 1.0. There were no parties. Talk about balanced teams.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:22 PM
TheGooooch

I just threw quickdraw on my M27 for the heck of it because my play was getting stale and it is killing things for me right now.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 78
Don't like the swarm at all. Seems like a lot of work for only 4 kills the two times I've called it in maybe I'm just bad at it. I do love the dogs though. Get me anywhere from 8-15 kills.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
I played 5 straight team death matches where all my teammates had a k/d below 1.0 excluding one person who had somewhere around 1.5 iicr. The other team always had two or three players with a k/d above 2.0 and the others above 1.0. There were no parties. Talk about balanced teams.
That reminds me of a game of headquarters I was playing where the final score was 25-0 for my team. It was just that wild. Was one of the few above even KD players in the game. Think I went 49-40

Old
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I just threw quickdraw on my M27 for the heck of it because my play was getting stale and it is killing things for me right now.
The M27 is a beastly gun once you're used to the lower stopping power. So little recoil.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM

I'm mainly a Search and Destroy player so I don't have crazy high scores but I was playing S&D on Hijacked yesterday and died in the first round and then got 15 kills in a row to finish the game 15-1. I was using a silenced Chicom CQB but I did get a couple kills with a Sentry Gun. Probably one of my better search games ever.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I'm mainly a Search and Destroy player so I don't have crazy high scores but I was playing S&D on Hijacked yesterday and died in the first round and then got 15 kills in a row to finish the game 15-1. I was using a silenced Chicom CQB but I did get a couple kills with a Sentry Gun. Probably one of my better search games ever.
Love games like that. The best search game I've ever had was 23-0, ran UAV, Stealth Chopper and VSAT. I don't think I'll ever get that again.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Map Pack finally came out for PS3 a few days ago so I played some Die Rise (which is the main reason I got the map pack). Got to round 25 with a group of four people and round 31 by myself.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Map Pack finally came out for PS3 a few days ago so I played some Die Rise (which is the main reason I got the map pack). Got to round 25 with a group of four people and round 31 by myself.
Nice! Way to go. What guns do you like to use.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Nice! Way to go. What guns do you like to use.
Honestly I just upgraded the An-94 and the PDW when I was by myself. Hardly any need to use the box with those weapons available off the wall. Got a HAMR though and upgraded that when I was in a group of four. Towards the end of my 31 round solo effort I upgraded the PDW again just to get a sight on it and actually got a Target Finder on it which was kinda weird.

Just aim for the head the whole team, shoot in bursts, and you'll never run out of ammo. I had about 1,100 kills and about 750 of them were headshots. When upgraded, it's a two hit kill to the head up until about round 28-29.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:45 AM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

I know how to get far. I just meant what's your preferred set up. Some people like the AN/PDW combo you and I use some people save up their dough for the LMGs and the box. My friend likes the Sliqufier/Ray gun/HAMR combo.

And yeah I hate the target finder.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Richards to Gaborik

Been getting bored with the game, so lately I just run around with the ballista iron sights/laser. A lot of fun to play with, pisses the hell out of people when you continually kill them with it though.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
i wasnt a huge fan of this game at first but its grown on me a bit. i really wasnt a huge fan of the way thw game played as it looked odd with bullets leading other players but that wasnt the case this week. its amazing how much more fun a game is when it doesn't lag and you also understand the guns amd how to make smgs better. i hate all smg without grip+quickdraw and often long barrel. this is still only the 3 best cod though between mw2+mw3. i really feel this cod is dumbed down with all the uav spam+ghost only working while moving. i wish counter uav was pointstreak after uav and i wish uav took more kills to get. i much prefer mw2 because uav wasnt spam only 1 person out of 6-7 friends used it plus most of the other players used cold blood so uav was mostly for letting our team mates know where we all were.

one thing i still give credit to is the create a class

Old
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
i wasnt a huge fan of this game at first but its grown on me a bit. i really wasnt a huge fan of the way thw game played as it looked odd with bullets leading other players but that wasnt the case this week. its amazing how much more fun a game is when it doesn't lag and you also understand the guns amd how to make smgs better. i hate all smg without grip+quickdraw and often long barrel. this is still only the 3 best cod though between mw2+mw3. i really feel this cod is dumbed down with all the uav spam+ghost only working while moving. i wish counter uav was pointstreak after uav and i wish uav took more kills to get. i much prefer mw2 because uav wasnt spam only 1 person out of 6-7 friends used it plus most of the other players used cold blood so uav was mostly for letting our team mates know where we all were.

one thing i still give credit to is the create a class
Counter UAV coming after UAV would be bad, IMO. Having half the game played with radar fuzz would just be annoying. I also don't mind the way they have Ghost not work when you're stationary (or planting/defusing/using a scorestreak).

One thing I wish they kept from BO1 is the SAM Turret - the streak that you put down like a sentry gun that shoots down airbound streaks. But with the versatile Black Hat and FHJ, I guess it's not too necessary.

My SMG diamond progress is almost complete. I have the Vector, MP7, PDW, MSMC, Chicom, and Peacekeeper all gold. I just have to do the Skorpion - I started earlier today at 39 headshots and now have about 80. I don't particularly like the Skorpion but I found a pretty good class that I've been playing well with.

Skorpion (Suppressor, Extended Clip, Laser Sight) + primary Gunfighter
Tac-45
Ghost
Cold Blooded
Dexterity
EMP Grenade

Once I get finish up the Skorpion and get diamond, I'll probably Prestige again (currently 5-55). From there, I'll start working on ARs - I only have the M27 gold so far, but I love the Type 25 and SCAR-H, amongst others.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:27 PM

I finished the 100 headshots with the Peacekeeper the other night. That thing is like a headshot machine. Now I just need the revenge, no attachments & perks, double kills, and bloodthirsty medals. So far I have 14 revenge ones, about 90 on the no attachments & perks, 5 double kills, and 3 or 4 bloodthirsty. After the Peacekeeper I still need the MP7, Vector and Skorpion.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Counter UAV coming after UAV would be bad, IMO. Having half the game played with radar fuzz would just be annoying. I also don't mind the way they have Ghost not work when you're stationary (or planting/defusing/using a scorestreak).

One thing I wish they kept from BO1 is the SAM Turret - the streak that you put down like a sentry gun that shoots down airbound streaks. But with the versatile Black Hat and FHJ, I guess it's not too necessary.

My SMG diamond progress is almost complete. I have the Vector, MP7, PDW, MSMC, Chicom, and Peacekeeper all gold. I just have to do the Skorpion - I started earlier today at 39 headshots and now have about 80. I don't particularly like the Skorpion but I found a pretty good class that I've been playing well with.

Skorpion (Suppressor, Extended Clip, Laser Sight) + primary Gunfighter
Tac-45
Ghost
Cold Blooded
Dexterity
EMP Grenade

Once I get finish up the Skorpion and get diamond, I'll probably Prestige again (currently 5-55). From there, I'll start working on ARs - I only have the M27 gold so far, but I love the Type 25 and SCAR-H, amongst others.
in the mode i play theres no uav unless theres a streak i also prefer no map at all and liked mw3 counter uav where the map disappears. the way the cod community is they *****ed about players not showing up on the mini map now theres constant uav spam and id like no glow red dots. i think this game is more about chasing red dots and a cluster **** more then a skill game. id rather have the game back where you gotta pay attention to you getting shot at, listening for foot steps, check ya corner, throw flash/stun into doorways then run around like a chicken w youe head off chasing red dots.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:15 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
in the mode i play theres no uav unless theres a streak i also prefer no map at all and liked mw3 counter uav where the map disappears. the way the cod community is they *****ed about players not showing up on the mini map now theres constant uav spam and id like no glow red dots. i think this game is more about chasing red dots and a cluster **** more then a skill game. id rather have the game back where you gotta pay attention to you getting shot at, listening for foot steps, check ya corner, throw flash/stun into doorways then run around like a chicken w youe head off chasing red dots.
Ah... Sometimes I love Hardcore, but it seems like every other game I play (dating back to the earlier current-gen COD games) I end up with teammates who intentionally TK, or someone on the opposing team does it. I can only play HC in very small bursts because I get too frustrated at getting killed by my own team or having the whole enemy team quit mid game.

Got to 100 headshots with the Skorpion but started having connection issues. Running a no perks/attachments class with a silenced AN-94 in the overkill slot. Pretty solid.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

I was sooo close to accomplishing the Domination challenge where you have to hold all 3 flags for 3 minutes. I thought I was going to get it until I realized we reached the max score limit. This challenge is frustrating as hell.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:45 AM
southpaw24

Quote:
I was sooo close to accomplishing the Domination challenge where you have to hold all 3 flags for 3 minutes. I thought I was going to get it until I realized we reached the max score limit. This challenge is frustrating as hell.

Haha, I got mine by getting dropped into a game where it was 7 on 1.. And the game was almost over, but still got it

Old
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
MikeModano9

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
Haha, I got mine by getting dropped into a game where it was 7 on 1.. And the game was almost over, but still got it
It's one of those challenges where if you play solo it just happens, I have 20k kills on domination and probably 800games played and I just got it on a fluke game where my team just destroyed and camped all flags for once.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Carl Carlson

vCash: 50
Quote:
I've been so close to that several times but Round 1 ends probably 10 seconds away from it and round 2 starts so we have no chance to rush over and cap the other flag in time.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:52 AM
silverfish
Not a GM

Can't seem to make the jump from Silver into Gold for league play. It's always win one, lose one. Spent last night jumping from like Silver - 15 to Silver - 7.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:16 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
It seems easiest to do on the map Overflow, although I haven't gotten it yet. Apparently the trick is to play with a party, and position your players so that the other team has to spawn in on the beach/shore area rather than near the flags. 2 guys guarding each flag.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
It seems easiest to do on the map Overflow, although I haven't gotten it yet. Apparently the trick is to play with a party, and position your players so that the other team has to spawn in on the beach/shore area rather than near the flags. 2 guys guarding each flag.
Sentry Gun, Lightning Strike, Hellstorm Missiles are very useful on overflow to complete that challenge.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Sentry Gun, Lightning Strike, Hellstorm Missiles are very useful on overflow to complete that challenge.
I usually run non-lethals (UAV/CUAV/VSAT) but I'll give that a try. I used to do CUAV/Guardian/Sentry. Still looking for a good mix that works well on all maps.

Closed Thread