HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 0
VSAT, EMP and VTOL is great. Highly recommend this setup.

Had 2 VTOL's a game for a few games, averaging about 50-5.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:32 PM
TheGooooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
VSAT, EMP and VTOL is great. Highly recommend this setup.

Had 2 VTOL's a game for a few games, averaging about 50-5.
I wish that I could get these streaks. If I ran this I would get them once every 25 games

Old
03-08-2013, 08:28 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
MW3 was easily the worst one. Actually, I wasn't a huge fan of BO1 either. Not enough (good) LMG's or (good) Shotty's. Add that into the fact that there wasn't any real "progression" for BO1 in terms of weapon updgrades/camos, the "want to play" that is there in all other COD's was absent.

MW3's problem was the killstreaks (active, defensive, perks) and the maps.

Perks were an interesting change, but because of earning killstreaks even while dying (EMP) kind of ruined it.

Maps were just garbage.
personally i feel that mw3 is the 2 best game behind mw2. i liked all the maps except bakaara and downturn. bakaara was too big without unlimited sprint and downturn was too framey and played like ****.

while im playing bloops 2 i cant say i like any of the maps a whole lot. they are all small maps with 2-3 choke points. they are all tiny and you end up with dumb ass team mates next to you attracting attention or lighting up the uav a foot away from me. on both black ops games the only maps i like are the container map on this game, berlin wall, and 1 of the other map pack maps from the 1 dl content from bloops 1. no treyarch map has been nearly as good as terminal, underpass, salvage, trailer park, carnival, fallen, bailout, interpass, mission, arkaden and the list goes on. the most popular maps on this game i hate. i vote against slums, raid, and cod all time worst map hijacked erry time.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:25 PM
TheGooooch

Man, how do some of these people make those avatars or emblems or whatever? Did they make those with just the shapes?

Old
03-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Got gold for the MP7 and AN-94 today and got my first 2 VSAT's in TDM. In one game on Carrier I ended up with 37 of my teams 75 kills but that's not even a game I got a VSAT in which I thought was weird.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:03 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Man, how do some of these people make those avatars or emblems or whatever? Did they make those with just the shapes?
There are a lot of Youtube tutorials for the more common ones. I borrowed heavily from a Sterling Archer one I saw on Youtube - although I think the changes I made have improved the similarity.

Last edited by yakitate304: 03-09-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old
03-09-2013, 05:16 AM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

vCash: 68
So bummed right now.

Round 21 Die Rise AN-94, PDW both pack a punched. Recently got the ray gun and monkeys (also have about 40K in points) no downs. All 5 perks other than who's who which would've saved my game. Also had the persistent juggernog perk, but I guess on Die Rise these perks only apply to your one game and you can only have one. Anyway. On my way up the elevator to the roof, I lost focus for a split second and the two zombies that I had trail me managed to corner me. Hit me twice. Without thinking I try to kill them with the Ray gun. Down myself. lose perks+ray gun. Start a new round without being able to get juggernog. Do my best to take em out with my AN and PDW. Take down about 50, but it starts to get intense. me thinking I still had persistent juggernog, try to run past a bunch on the left hand side to chain, as I figured 3 hits was the max. Wasn't. Dead. Game over with only one down. So pissed.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:28 AM
jw2

I feel like my lag has finally become a serious issue. I never had much trouble before. Now, watching the kill replays, I'm seeing completely different scenes. What I thought was me creeping up on a guy and putting half a clip into him, is actually me sitting there with the guy turning around and easily putting up a head shot before I get out more than 3 bullets. I'm lucky to approach 1 k/d in a game right now.

Last edited by jw2: 03-09-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old
03-09-2013, 12:10 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Yeah, I played these maps in TDM since I'm trying to get the challenges for that game mode (completed KC, Domination, Hardpoint and Headquarters).

Haven't played Domination much on the new maps. But I just thought that the layout of the three lines of "action" and the size were similar.

Exactly the same for me! Going to be Prestige 7 by this weekend and should gold the FAL and another AR (probably the SWAT) too.

Also enjoying BO2 more than MW3. Don't have much to go on in terms of comparison though since MW3 was my first real multiplayer for COD (wasn't much of a console gamer in college). Once you get used to the "feel" of BO2 it's just so much better than MW3 which definitely catered more to new/amateur players IMO. People were whining about how hard BO2 is, but I'm getting some good games and I consider myself a below average player (1.2 kd). I have a 0.9 w/l ratio but I don't hold too much value in that stat since I'm never in a party and sometimes run into a tryhard clans that just blow us out of the water while I'm stuck with the 10 year old splitscreeners...

I've played mostly on weekends though, so it's not too bad.

I tried the Claw after seeing a video about it. It just feels too weird for me and tedious to get used to.

Optic use scuff controllers though, where they have a modded A/B (cross/square?) button at the back of the controller. So you can jump using the fingers at the back of controller and still rotate at the same time. I'm not paying for one though.

And Nadeshot > Scump
eh i find bloops to be the easier game. constant uav spam with all players showing up because rarely are more thn 1 players running ghost. counter uav is now a high kill streak relatively. mw2 uav 3 kills cuav 4 kills, bloops uav 3 cuav 4, mw3 support uav 4, cuav 5, bloops 2 uav 400 points cuav 600 points. nedding 6 kills is rediculous for cuav.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
eh i find bloops to be the easier game. constant uav spam with all players showing up because rarely are more thn 1 players running ghost. counter uav is now a high kill streak relatively. mw2 uav 3 kills cuav 4 kills, bloops uav 3 cuav 4, mw3 support uav 4, cuav 5, bloops 2 uav 400 points cuav 600 points. nedding 6 kills is rediculous for cuav.
In TDM, you pretty much need a Bloodthirsty to get a freaking UAV. I know UAV spamming was a problem, but help us out man!!

Old
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I feel like my lag has finally become a serious issue. I never had much trouble before. Now, watching the kill replays, I'm seeing completely different scenes. What I thought was me creeping up on a guy and putting half a clip into him, is actually me sitting there with the guy turning around and easily putting up a head shot before I get out more than 3 bullets. I'm lucky to approach 1 k/d in a game right now.
Welcome to my world since patch 1.6... I just don't play anymore because it's not fun at all.

Really disappointing because I was having a blast up until then.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
In TDM, you pretty much need a Bloodthirsty to get a freaking UAV. I know UAV spamming was a problem, but help us out man!!
i only play kill confirm. tags worth 100 points

Old
03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
kingsboy11
retake the throne

Finally golded my peacekeeper. That gun was easily my fastest gun to get gold on. I don't know why it was my fastest. I just got tons of headshots. Anyway, trying to get get a gold combat knife which is not easy. Just need 4 more bloodthirsty's.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Lol, this game is ridiculous. Trying to get my last Bloodthirsty medal for the FAL and over an hour of gameplay can't get it. I don't know how many times I died with 4 kills in a row, but something or someone always gets me before the 5th kill.

At one point I switched to my Peacekeeper to change it up a bit...3 Bloodthirsty medals in a row. In another game I went 15 kills in a row (Brutal killer?) with the Peacekeeper but couldn't get **** with the FAL. Tried all kinds of loadouts and playing styles (yes, even camping, I know, I'm ashamed of myself).

This game hates me

Old
03-09-2013, 10:44 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Anyone else play Hardpoint? I didn't like the game mode at first but I've been really enjoying it the last 2 days. I wish my teammates would get the memo that sometimes you just need to contest if you're on the hardpoint alone and there are 3-4 enemies there. Just stall and waste time until your teammates can give you help, rather than kill 1-2, get killed and give up a bunch of points.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:13 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Anyone else play Hardpoint? I didn't like the game mode at first but I've been really enjoying it the last 2 days. I wish my teammates would get the memo that sometimes you just need to contest if you're on the hardpoint alone and there are 3-4 enemies there. Just stall and waste time until your teammates can give you help, rather than kill 1-2, get killed and give up a bunch of points.
Hardpoint is my favorite game mode next to Headquarters. First game mode that I unlocked the challenges for. I seriously do not get how people always play objective base game modes when all they are doing is going for kills. You have TDM for that.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:47 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Hardpoint is my favorite game mode next to Headquarters. First game mode that I unlocked the challenges for. I seriously do not get how people always play objective base game modes when all they are doing is going for kills. You have TDM for that.
Initially, I didn't like the game mode because I thought the hardpoint locations were in random order. Now that I know they rotate in order, it makes a lot more sense.

I'm also trying to get the challenges done for it, since I have all the challenges done for Domination and Kill Confirmed.

Also realized that I don't have the ACOG challenged finished - only about 300 kills so far - so I'm doing an ACOG FAL class since that's the first AR I want to gold (aside from the M27 which I did a month ago).

Also I just found this complete set of Hardpoint Spawn Locations (in order) which should be very helpful.

http://imgur.com/a/JJQU8#0

Last edited by yakitate304: 03-10-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
TheGooooch

Can't get anything going today. Everyone playing is just clans that are tearing **** apart and I have randoms

Old
03-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Eb
Stanley Cup Champion

This is great!!!

Didn't even know this thread existed.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Eb
Stanley Cup Champion

Just hit prestige 7. Once I hit Prestige master I'm going for all diamon camos.

Currently I only have MSMC gold. lol

Old
03-10-2013, 08:22 PM
kingsboy11
retake the throne

I found my new favorite gun. The M8A1 is a great gun with select fire and a suppressor.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:22 PM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Just hit prestige 7. Once I hit Prestige master I'm going for all diamon camos.

Currently I only have MSMC gold. lol
You need to expand your horizons!

I ended tonight on a five game win streak in league play. Went from silver rank 8, to silver rank 8. My subdivision is ridiculous. I'm never going to get to gold

Old
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Ugh this game is boring now . Master prestige , majority of the guns gold/ diamond , over 2kd . Half the time I'm really not even trying and I still own people. Not bragging , I'm just bored of the game already. About the same time as I was with MW3. Blackops1 lasted longer than this ..

Old
03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Eb
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Ugh this game is boring now . Master prestige , majority of the guns gold/ diamond , over 2kd . Half the time I'm really not even trying and I still own people. Not bragging , I'm just bored of the game already. About the same time as I was with MW3. Blackops1 lasted longer than this ..
I constantly hear this, "I am bored with the game"

Any suggestions on how Black Ops 2 could have made this game more interesting?

Old
03-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Eb
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You need to expand your horizons!

I ended tonight on a five game win streak in league play. Went from silver rank 8, to silver rank 8. My subdivision is ridiculous. I'm never going to get to gold
Oh don't think I am a MSMC only guy.

Like I have the Remington camos except for the two where you need no perks and no attachments.

The AA-94 I have most of the camps along with the M27 etc.

Closed Thread