HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 09:35 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
New fun class that I've been doing well with:

SMR (w/ Reflex)
Executioner (w/ Fast Mags)
Lightweight
Toughness
Dexterity + Extreme Conditioning (Perk 3 Greed)
Tactical Insertion

Great for CTF, which is my new game mode now that I've finished all the Hardpoint, KC and Domination challenges.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbs View Post
How many of you are in clans?
Used to be in a clan, it's definitely getting more prominent in the game. Good way to meet people, improve in the game, and put some real strategy behind your game. Although, it requires a lot of time commitment (in a serious clan), and some stress if you don't win GB games.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:12 AM
MikeModano9

The Kap 40 is just ridiculous. I'm going like 40-10 just running around with single Kap 40
Lightweight and ghost
Toughness
Extreme conditioning and dexterity

Tac insert

Old
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
The Kap 40 is just ridiculous. I'm going like 40-10 just running around with single Kap 40
Lightweight and ghost
Toughness

Tac insert
I still haven't used that gun, but it definitely kills me a lot, especially when I'm using an AR without a secondary. It has gotten popular recently and that's why I started using the Executioner as my sidearm, since it kills so quickly. The only problem is that it needs Fast Mags to be useful.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Lightweight and ghost
Toughness

Tac insert
Kap 40 is way OP. So many people run it in League play. The only thing more OP in the pistol category than the Kap 40 is the akimbo B23R - ridiculous range.

I always run B23R's on my Hardpoint classes in league. Run into the HP with a B23R and ext mags, an accurate one burst at close range is a kill. Get lucky enough, and you can take out two people quickly. But a lot more people run Kaps... I used to, but wanted to get in the burst trigger finger habit since I run the M8 as a primary.

No clan for me. Just one friend I run with. Only play when he's on (which is every day pretty much ) He has other friends who play though, so I'm hoping we can set up a team of four for next season of league.

Well, I'm really hoping to have a job, but that would be a solid consolation prize

Old
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
can you work towards camo unlocks in league play? i dont play league since its core but i always wondered about that. if they had hc tdm i would consider giving it a try but i would mostly stay with hckc since theres no respawn delay. personally id change to a 2-3 sec delay so you have time to change classes between deaths.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
can you work towards camo unlocks in league play? i dont play league since its core but i always wondered about that. if they had hc tdm i would consider giving it a try but i would mostly stay with hckc since theres no respawn delay. personally id change to a 2-3 sec delay so you have time to change classes between deaths.
Nah, unfortunately you can't.

I hit master prestige today, went **** it, and put the full reset on Regretted it though after I lost my Bane emblem. It wasn't good or anything, but it was a solid like, if Bane was a South Park character emblem.

My buddy and I really just blew our last game. We've been working for a while now to get him out of gold and into platinum (I'm already there). We're on a four game win streak, and he's gold rank 4, been in the top 5 consistently for a while. So I figured a five game win streak might bump him. We click find match for the fifth game and BAM. A lobby full of Masters. He's the only gold player, and I'm the only platinum player; Slums - CTF.

We get through the first round 0-0, and then the second round starts and the enemy team gets a quick cap. It's 1-0... ONE - NOTHING. And one of the dudes on our team quits, and we're forced to play 4v3 the rest of the game. We lose 4-0. I have a solid feeling that would have been the game that bumped him into platinum

Quitters in league play are the absolute worst.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

I hate the svu sniper rifle.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
The past 2-3 days, I've been really frustrated playing this game. Seems like my connection is crapping out on me in gun fights, but that shouldn't be the case (I pay 100/month for internet). I'm getting into situations where I'm picked off in seconds when I'm behind cover, and my shots aren't registering.

Anyone else having MAJOR connection problems?

Old
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I had a few games in a row of bad connections the past few days.

I am doing the 150 kila with the fal and seem to do better with no perks a lot of times. Only have the smr to gold for assault after this and I am dreading it.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
The past 2-3 days, I've been really frustrated playing this game. Seems like my connection is crapping out on me in gun fights, but that shouldn't be the case (I pay 100/month for internet). I'm getting into situations where I'm picked off in seconds when I'm behind cover, and my shots aren't registering.

Anyone else having MAJOR connection problems?
Yes. At times the screen literally just freezes for a few seconds and once it comes back, I'm dead.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:23 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Used that B23r(sp?) pistol for the first time ever basically(I've never used pistols in this game) and won 4 straight games in FFA and had a couple of guys from Kentucky cry and complain that I was using a modified controller.

What does a modified controller even do?

Old
03-26-2013, 06:06 PM
MikeModano9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Used that B23r(sp?) pistol for the first time ever basically(I've never used pistols in this game) and won 4 straight games in FFA and had a couple of guys from Kentucky cry and complain that I was using a modified controller.

What does a modified controller even do?
Rapid fire button, drop shot button. I have a Scuf and jump button is on the back so it's easy to jump and turn on guys at the same time. There's a bunch of stuff you can get added.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Rapid fire button, drop shot button. I have a Scuf and jump button is on the back so it's easy to jump and turn on guys at the same time. There's a bunch of stuff you can get added.
personally i think if you cry over a controller youre a *kitten*. for erry game system there has always been third party controllers with different shapes and designs and some controllers designed around particular games. some controllers allow you to aim and jump at the same time sometimes you can go prone and aim and that's life so deal witg it and if they have an advantage go buy the same controller to even tge playing field. what i dont and will never condone is hacking with aimbots, lag switch, silent foot steps so you can run ninja and scrambler at the same time. and the other bull **** people do.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
MikeModano9

Quote:
personally i think if you cry over a controller youre a *kitten*. for erry game system there has always been third party controllers with different shapes and designs and some controllers designed around particular games. some controllers allow you to aim and jump at the same time sometimes you can go prone and aim and that's life so deal witg it and if they have an advantage go buy the same controller to even tge playing field. what i dont and will never condone is hacking with aimbots, lag switch, silent foot steps so you can run ninja and scrambler at the same time. and the other bull **** people do.
I agree forsure, I mean if I didnt have a scuf I'd be using claw grip anyways to get same effect. I also have trigger stops though.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:07 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Standard controller, claw grip. My game has improved a lot, especially in twitchy gunfights.

Tonight, I played a few games with "xMzSunshine88x" from the new team "Babes of Duty" - one of her teammates was also in the game but I forget her name. They were OK but not particularly good. I think we played 3 games of CTF and each time it was me and the two BoD players placing top 3. I was on their team once and we went top 3, then their team won, then my team won. Upon looking them up, they were at MLG Dallas - they won one round but lost in the second. MzSunshine had a pretty loud "rage mic" moment because I killed her when she was the flag carrier a few times in one round and when I jumped out of a doorway and killed her when she was trying to corner.

Neither of them were really standout players who took over the game, although I didn't do that either. There are definitely better players in just about every other lobby though.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:06 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

i dont play league since its core but i gotta give the league play credit i like that hardline, ghost, and uav is banned. i think its fair to not gave uav spammage. i noticed advanced uav is also banned but i dont see why, its a high kill streak so why not allow it.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:12 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
i dont play league since its core but i gotta give the league play credit i like that hardline, ghost, and uav is banned. i think its fair to not gave uav spammage. i noticed advanced uav is also banned but i dont see why, its a high kill streak so why not allow it.
Any killstreak that can reveal enemy position without a tablet is banned. So that explains why VSAT is gone. Not many people get that high of killstreaks in league though, so I see where you're coming from.

Such an inconsistent day for me today Can't put a win streak together to save my life. Only what, three or four days left to try and bump my buddy to platinum!

One game of CTF slums I went 27-2. The next time that map came up I went like 16-19. THe competition was much better the second game though, obviously. Went down 3-0 in that second game. Surprisingly no one on our team quit. We were able to make it 3-2 with about 45 seconds left but couldn't pull that last flag to force OT.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:39 PM
southpaw24

dont know if any of you guys have seen it but 402Thunder402 has a vid on yourtube that shows someone that unlocked a sort of chameleon camo. where the colour of the gun changes in game.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:54 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
dont know if any of you guys have seen it but 402Thunder402 has a vid on yourtube that shows someone that unlocked a sort of chameleon camo. where the colour of the gun changes in game.
Sounds like some sort of hack.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:24 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

People in hardcore always start complaining about lag switching and modded controllers when they are getting dominated.

If people were using those a lot they would be caught I am sure.

I am interested in trying claw grip. Figure it would take a lot of getting used to

Old
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
People in hardcore always start complaining about lag switching and modded controllers when they are getting dominated.

I am interested in trying claw grip. Figure it would take a lot of getting used to
I got used to it within about two days, and it was totally natural within about a week. It is HUGELY beneficial to be able to prone, reload/swap, and pop back up all without taking your thumb off the analog. I win so many more in close engagements, either by jumpshotting, dropshotting or just not getting caught without my thumb ready to aim due to mantling, reloading, swapping, etc..

Give it a try for a few days.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:22 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Can't put a win streak together right now for ****. FOR **** I TELL YOU

Getting frustrated League season ends Sunday anyway. Almost time for a fresh start.

Last game today was SnD on Standoff. Went 8-0 and the team won 6-0 so at least we ended the day on a high note. My buddy is getting pissed though. He's been gold top 5 for at least a week now and we still can't bump him

Old
03-28-2013, 05:47 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post

a couple guys i play with on occasion start *****ing that people are lag switching, personally i find them retarded to complain about that. i dont blame players as much as i blame the **** connection errynody has and the non dedicated servers. ive played against friends enough to know that **** connection is the problem and not people cheating.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:26 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I got used to it within about two days, and it was totally natural within about a week. It is HUGELY beneficial to be able to prone, reload/swap, and pop back up all without taking your thumb off the analog. I win so many more in close engagements, either by jumpshotting, dropshotting or just not getting caught without my thumb ready to aim due to mantling, reloading, swapping, etc..

Give it a try for a few days.
I will give it a shot this weekend probably. I need like 30 headshots with the smr to start the 150 kills part and 1 blood thirsty for my fal to diamond the ARs.

Quote:
a couple guys i play with on occasion start *****ing that people are lag switching, personally i find them retarded to complain about that. i dont blame players as much as i blame the **** connection errynody has and the non dedicated servers. ive played against friends enough to know that **** connection is the problem and not people cheating.
I just hate coming into a game of CTF where the team is being dominated and the other team is just spawn killing. That is the only thing I will comment on

Closed Thread