HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 01:36 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
2-2 in the second round of CTF after we had a draw in round 1. It's on Cargo. My team's flag - the one near "A flag" in domination - has been taken. I'm chasing the guy down and kill 2 people trying to stop me, using the Executioner in the building staircase. I keep chasing the guy but only get 1 shot on him with the SMR before he rounds the corner, and I'm out of sprint. My teammate grabs their flag but only gets about 20 feet away before dying. I EMP a Guardian that's blocking me from getting to their flag area. I kill another guy. I see on my radar my teammate is inside the 18 wheeler - about 5 feet from the flag. I see the flag carrier run over their empty flag spot towards the dropped flag, right towards the truck. Literally, running right at the guy in the back of the truck. I shoot him once with the SMR but I get killed by someone who kills me from behind. The guy in the truck is using a REMINGTON and the flag carrier is well within range. SOMEHOW THIS IDIOT COMPLETELY MISSES 3 SHOTS IN A ROW, GETS KILLED BY A SILENCED TAC45, NEVER TOUCHES THEIR FLAG, AND THEIR FLAG CARRIER GETS A RETURN AND THE WIN.

Unbelievable.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:46 AM
eyjee
the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
2-2 in the second round of CTF after we had a draw in round 1. It's on Cargo. My team's flag - the one near "A flag" in domination - has been taken. I'm chasing the guy down and kill 2 people trying to stop me, using the Executioner in the building staircase. I keep chasing the guy but only get 1 shot on him with the SMR before he rounds the corner, and I'm out of sprint. My teammate grabs their flag but only gets about 20 feet away before dying. I EMP a Guardian that's blocking me from getting to their flag area. I kill another guy. I see on my radar my teammate is inside the 18 wheeler - about 5 feet from the flag. I see the flag carrier run over their empty flag spot towards the dropped flag, right towards the truck. Literally, running right at the guy in the back of the truck. I shoot him once with the SMR but I get killed by someone who kills me from behind. The guy in the truck is using a REMINGTON and the flag carrier is well within range. SOMEHOW THIS IDIOT COMPLETELY MISSES 3 SHOTS IN A ROW, GETS KILLED BY A SILENCED TAC45, NEVER TOUCHES THEIR FLAG, AND THEIR FLAG CARRIER GETS A RETURN AND THE WIN.

Unbelievable.
I am all too familiar with situations like this.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:32 AM
TheGooooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I am all too familiar with situations like this.
Me too.

Lately I have been dealing with a lot of riot shielders. A few I have seen try to chase the flag carrier only to get burned and don't switch to their gun.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Eb
Give Mitch the C

Quote:
Standard controller, claw grip. My game has improved a lot, especially in twitchy gunfights.

Tonight, I played a few games with "xMzSunshine88x" from the new team "Babes of Duty" - one of her teammates was also in the game but I forget her name. They were OK but not particularly good. I think we played 3 games of CTF and each time it was me and the two BoD players placing top 3. I was on their team once and we went top 3, then their team won, then my team won. Upon looking them up, they were at MLG Dallas - they won one round but lost in the second. MzSunshine had a pretty loud "rage mic" moment because I killed her when she was the flag carrier a few times in one round and when I jumped out of a doorway and killed her when she was trying to corner.

Neither of them were really standout players who took over the game, although I didn't do that either. There are definitely better players in just about every other lobby though.
Can you elaborate more on the claw grip?

I understand how your fingers are situated on the controller with your right index working the buttons and middle and ring finger working the trigger and bumper. Is the button layout the same on the controller?

Old
03-29-2013, 05:42 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post

I understand how your fingers are situated on the controller with your right index working the buttons and middle and ring finger working the trigger and bumper. Is the button layout the same on the controller?
Same layout. Tried it, it's way too awkward. I might give it a go in combat training and force myself to do it.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:21 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:

I actually don't use the ring finger, I simply use the middle finger for both the trigger and bumper although I'm sure it would be better to do it the way you mentioned. And yes, the button layout is standard with B/Circle for Crouch/Prone, and Right Analog Click for knifing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Same layout. Tried it, it's way too awkward. I might give it a go in combat training and force myself to do it.
The hardest thing to get used to is obviously the index finger on the buttons. I use the inside of the finger (the surface adjacent to the middle finger) and sort of relax and curl my finger so that it is resting on both B and A at the same time, with more weight on B since it's the most important. I end up pushing the buttons mostly with the knuckle closest to the fingertip. Don't try to use your fingertip because that's really uncomfortable. If you have big hands it might be difficult regardless.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:55 PM
TheGooooch

Ugh, 8 more bloodthirsty's for the SMR to get diamond. I was getting them regularly when I was doing the headshots but once that cleared I haven't been getting them. I have a feeling this is going to take awhile

Old
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
eyjee
the basement

Reset my stats and my K/D is worse than it was before reset

Damn League Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Ugh, 8 more bloodthirsty's for the SMR to get diamond. I was getting them regularly when I was doing the headshots but once that cleared I haven't been getting them. I have a feeling this is going to take awhile
Maintain long sightlines and manage spawns and you should be able to get them "somewhat" easily.

Last edited by eyjee: 03-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Harbinger
sic parvis magna

Man, those dual B23Rs are nasty pieces of work. I love 'em.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:55 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
smr was my last assault rifle i needed to gold as well. that gun was a grind because i prestiged the gun and had no attachments when all i needed was 9 bloodthirsty. i was using that gun on small maps like standoff, slums, and hijack where under normal circumstance i would use a different gun.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Eb
Give Mitch the C

Quote:
I actually don't use the ring finger, I simply use the middle finger for both the trigger and bumper although I'm sure it would be better to do it the way you mentioned. And yes, the button layout is standard with B/Circle for Crouch/Prone, and Right Analog Click for knifing.

The hardest thing to get used to is obviously the index finger on the buttons. I use the inside of the finger (the surface adjacent to the middle finger) and sort of relax and curl my finger so that it is resting on both B and A at the same time, with more weight on B since it's the most important. I end up pushing the buttons mostly with the knuckle closest to the fingertip. Don't try to use your fingertip because that's really uncomfortable. If you have big hands it might be difficult regardless.
How big of a difference have you found in your overall game playing claw????

Old
03-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Harbinger
sic parvis magna

Hmmm, decsions descions:

Spoil:
Save Harper or Farid?

Old
03-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Ginger Jesus

Cod 4! <333333333333

Old
03-31-2013, 02:04 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
How big of a difference have you found in your overall game playing claw????
It's two-pronged.

First, take every gun battle where you've been caught with your pants down because your thumb was changing weapons, crouching, hurdling, jumping, or reloading. Now imagine that in each of those situations you've been able to do what you wanted to do while still aiming.

Second, consider every gun battle where you didn't immediately have to use a face button but you knew eventually you would need to. Whether it's one where you're behind waist-high cover shooting at three people and know that you'll have to go prone after 1-2 kills to avoid dying, or where you only have 9 rounds left on your AR and see a stream of 3 enemies funneling through a choke. You can engage to the fullest extent with your thumb aiming the whole time, and as soon as you need to do something else (reload, prone) you can do that immediately.

Basically, it lets you control the gunfights you get into. Let's say you are using a FAL w/ ACOG scope and think you can take out a sniper but he hits you in the lower torso and you're about to die. Rather than having to take a quarter second to move your thumb from the analog to the crouch/prone button, you can do it immediately and stay alive to pick a better fight.

You might not see a huge jump in KDR but you'll find that you lose fewer 50/50 or 40/60 battles.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:33 PM
eyjee
the basement

This game hates me, truly. Went on win streaks of 5 and 6 today in league. The next games they put me and bud in lobbies full of master ranks. So we're riding high, finally think at both of those opportunities a win might put him over the top and into platinum finally.

Nope.

Both those opportunities a teammate on our team quit. One before the game, and once in the second round of CTF when we were tied 2-2

So ****ing infuriating. Both times we lost over 100 points as well. Ladder points make absolutely no sense.

STOP QUITTING LEAGUE MATCHES! ARGH!

Old
03-31-2013, 06:27 PM
TheGooooch

Finally got diamond ARs.

Then I set my classes to SMGs that I don't have golded. Why do this to myself?

Old
03-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Eb
Give Mitch the C

Quote:
It's two-pronged.

First, take every gun battle where you've been caught with your pants down because your thumb was changing weapons, crouching, hurdling, jumping, or reloading. Now imagine that in each of those situations you've been able to do what you wanted to do while still aiming.

Second, consider every gun battle where you didn't immediately have to use a face button but you knew eventually you would need to. Whether it's one where you're behind waist-high cover shooting at three people and know that you'll have to go prone after 1-2 kills to avoid dying, or where you only have 9 rounds left on your AR and see a stream of 3 enemies funneling through a choke. You can engage to the fullest extent with your thumb aiming the whole time, and as soon as you need to do something else (reload, prone) you can do that immediately.

Basically, it lets you control the gunfights you get into. Let's say you are using a FAL w/ ACOG scope and think you can take out a sniper but he hits you in the lower torso and you're about to die. Rather than having to take a quarter second to move your thumb from the analog to the crouch/prone button, you can do it immediately and stay alive to pick a better fight.

You might not see a huge jump in KDR but you'll find that you lose fewer 50/50 or 40/60 battles.
Great insight thanks.

So the reason for losing more of those 50/50 battles is because of the unusual hand grip you have on the controller?

Old
03-31-2013, 07:16 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Great insight thanks.

So the reason for losing more of those 50/50 battles is because of the unusual hand grip you have on the controller?
Using the claw I am winning, not losing, more 50/50 battles than I used to.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
eyjee
the basement

No league 'til Wednesday? Boring!

Old
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Eb
Give Mitch the C

Quote:
Using the claw I am winning, not losing, more 50/50 battles than I used to.
Oh, sorry I misread because of the 'but'.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Carl Carlson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Reset my stats and my K/D is worse than it was before reset

Damn League Play.

Maintain long sightlines and manage spawns and you should be able to get them "somewhat" easily.
When you reset your stats did you lose all the titles/emblems you had earned and do you start from scratch on challenges?

Old
04-01-2013, 07:34 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
When you reset your stats did you lose all the titles/emblems you had earned and do you start from scratch on challenges?
I think so. I heard someone accidentally reset their stats when hitting 8th prestige. If that ever happened to me, I'd eject the disc, burn it and wait for the next COD. I'd just be so sick to my stomach. Each time I prestige in Barracks I take 5 seconds on each screen to make sure I didn't **** something up

Old
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Zombies for the first time in months. Hopefully I get a team who doesn't all quit.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Actually going to play grief for the first time.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:50 PM
eyjee
the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
I sure did. Pretty dumb move on my part, it was such a split second decision of stupidity by the time it was over I didn't even know what had happened.

I had a **** load of those calling cards too. I'm not even gonna try for them anymore

All I do is play league when my buddy wants to play, that's it. Even though we played a bit of KC today. I decided to just run around with a B23R with two attachments (ext. mags and long barrel) and 5 perks. Only played about 5 games, but my best was 41-11 with 32 confirms.

Going back to core after grinding away in league, it's a whole different ballgame.

Closed Thread