HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 05:25 PM
  #201
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Why are the assault shields so quick to change to another weapon?

If an assault shield can stop shots from a sniper rifle, shouldn't it be heavier and not be able to switch weapons as fast as an SMG can?

Krishna is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
  #202
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 500
The lag hasn't gotten any worse with the new maps - it's just more noticeable. On previous maps, I memorized flank routes and choke points in an effort to minimize the effect lag had on my gunfights. Not knowing the new maps yet, it's clear that lag is still alive and kicking (the **** out of this game).

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
  #203
Noel92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Paul
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
New livestream feature is pretty kickass. Nothing like watching myself play on my PS3 using my laptop.

Edit: Nevermind, it makes my PS3 freeze every time.
Was planning to do the same thing, was restricted though.

Noel92 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 06:50 PM
  #204
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Post-patch FAL is absolutely terrible

Krishna is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:04 PM
  #205
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,700
vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Post-patch FAL is absolutely terrible
Didn't they only patch it if you use the Select Fire attachment?

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:07 PM
  #206
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,700
vCash: 2940
Delete. wrong thread.

Kane One is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:10 PM
  #207
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Good that means less people will be using it.

RussianRocket10 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
  #208
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,700
vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Good that means less people will be using it.
What's the problem with people using it? If there's guns that less people should use, it's snipers. They ruin ever Search and Destroy game when they are on your team. On Kill Confirmed, they obviously can't confirm any kills because they camp the entire game. The FAL is harder to use than normal weapons, we actually try to win games, but it's a problem? Ridiculous.

Kane One is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:36 PM
  #209
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Didn't they only patch it if you use the Select Fire attachment?
Yep, but now the spray is ridiculously bad

Krishna is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
  #210
Richards to Gaborik
Registered User
 
Richards to Gaborik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
What's the problem with people using it? If there's guns that less people should use, it's snipers. They ruin ever Search and Destroy game when they are on your team. On Kill Confirmed, they obviously can't confirm any kills because they camp the entire game. The FAL is harder to use than normal weapons, we actually try to win games, but it's a problem? Ridiculous.
The FAL with select fire was probably the easiest gun for me to use in this game, besides the shotgun long barrel. I'm glad they reduced the FAL's capabilities...playing a team full of FAL select fire noobs was probably the most annoying **** ever.

Richards to Gaborik is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:50 PM
  #211
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Yep, but now the spray is ridiculously bad
Select Fire shouldn't even be an option for semi-auto guns like the FAL and even burst-fire like the M8A1, it makes them WAY too powerful
should only be allowed on Auto-Fire guns and given 2 extra options, Burst or Single-Shot

leova is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
  #212
Richards to Gaborik
Registered User
 
Richards to Gaborik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
Select Fire shouldn't even be an option for semi-auto guns like the FAL and even burst-fire like the M8A1, it makes them WAY too powerful
should only be allowed on Auto-Fire guns and given 2 extra options, Burst or Single-Shot
IMO it should be available, but it also should make the recoil much worse than it originally was without select fire.

Richards to Gaborik is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
  #213
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,314
vCash: 500
Just went 64-21 , 6 caps , 20 defends , I absolutely went off . We won 175-173 by 3 capping them for the last 30 seconds . My score was 9095 ...

Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:38 AM
  #214
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,351
vCash: 50
Got a message from a guy saying I'm a noob and have no skills because I was using a SMG. Pretty sure he'll have to message nearly everyone online because a lot of people use SMGs.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:32 PM
  #215
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Got a message from a guy saying I'm a noob and have no skills because I was using a SMG. Pretty sure he'll have to message nearly everyone online because a lot of people use SMGs.
I get those a lot, too. I went 81-6 the other day on Domination and a guy messaged me after saying "no life." I responded back with "no skill." lawls

Richie10 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
  #216
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Got a message from a guy saying I'm a noob and have no skills because I was using a SMG. Pretty sure he'll have to message nearly everyone online because a lot of people use SMGs.
Well, he is right.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:18 PM
  #217
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Lag the last day or so has been unbearable..

Getting the jump on people and I'm still getting killed

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:27 PM
  #218
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Lag the last day or so has been unbearable..

Getting the jump on people and I'm still getting killed
I agree.

It's blatantly obvious in HC. Even with a mostly 4 bar room, it feels like a 3-2 bar room.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:06 PM
  #219
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,700
vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards to Gaborik View Post
The FAL with select fire was probably the easiest gun for me to use in this game, besides the shotgun long barrel. I'm glad they reduced the FAL's capabilities...playing a team full of FAL select fire noobs was probably the most annoying **** ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
Select Fire shouldn't even be an option for semi-auto guns like the FAL and even burst-fire like the M8A1, it makes them WAY too powerful
should only be allowed on Auto-Fire guns and given 2 extra options, Burst or Single-Shot
This is BS. But shotguns should be allowed? The FAL sucks at close range. Whenever I'm using the FAL, I switch to my backup when I'm in an area I'll be close to someone. A shotgun user could just run around without aiming and once they think they see someone, they just shoot once and they get the kill. If anything should be removed from the game, it's shotguns.

Kane One is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
  #220
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 6,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
This is BS. But shotguns should be allowed? The FAL sucks at close range. Whenever I'm using the FAL, I switch to my backup when I'm in an area I'll be close to someone. A shotgun user could just run around without aiming and once they think they see someone, they just shoot once and they get the kill. If anything should be removed from the game, it's shotguns.
This. Especially with the lag problems.

I don't know how many times i'm pumping bullets into an opposing players with a vector or MP7 and the guy is able to turn around or take a couple extra steps and do a one shot kill on me with that damn remmington.

I've said it before but a mode where you could play TDM, KC & Domination where Sniper rifles and Shotguns were banned. It would be the most popular mode of all time.

Fixed to Ruin is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
  #221
leova
Registered User
 
leova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
I've said it before but a mode where you could play TDM, KC & Domination where Sniper rifles and Shotguns were banned. It would be the most popular mode of all time.
or the least

leova is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  #222
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
You mean Shotguns are the best close range weapon?

Sorry the bullet hoses you guys are rocking aren't supreme anymore.

Seriously, the strongest/versatile weapon in the game is still the PDW, well minus the silencer attachment now.

With how dominant SMG's are in this game, if your gun of choice is an SMG of any sort, I don't think you have too much of a leg on to argue about weapon balance.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  #223
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,945
vCash: 500
I need serious help getting this hail mary. I'm either way off, or have the worst luck in the world. After throwing about 2000 tomahawks, I'm assuming it's the former

Also not looking forward to getting 18 more backstabbers. Probably just going to run around with lightweight and extreme conditioning and just rage. But NOT until I get this ****ing hail mary.


Last edited by silverfish: 02-01-2013 at 04:44 PM.
silverfish is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
  #224
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I need serious help getting this hail mary. I'm either way off, or have the worst luck in the world. After throwing about 2000 tomahawks, I'm assuming it's the former

Also not looking forward to getting 18 more backstabbers. Probably just going to run around with lightweight and extreme conditioning and just rage. But NOT until I get this ****ing hail mary.
Not sure if this will help but check out a youtuber called zzirgrizz. He offers tutorials on maps and the first part of his tutorials have domination tomahawk kills. I've tried a couple but its hard to get set up on the right spot in time.

Carl Carlson is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:35 PM
  #225
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Not sure if this will help but check out a youtuber called zzirgrizz. He offers tutorials on maps and the first part of his tutorials have domination tomahawk kills. I've tried a couple but its hard to get set up on the right spot in time.
I FINALLY got it. Wish I saw your post before I went back down to play because I'm sure it would have helped because my God that took forever

Got the hail mary and golded the peacemaker in the same game

Fifteen backstabbers to go and that humiliation calling card is mine! After I golded the gun I messed around with lightweight+extreme conditioning with the combat knife and got three backstabbers so I think that's the way to go. It was lame though because I'm sure I got more, the game just didn't read them as me stabbing the guy in the back I guess it has to be pretty precise. Not too worried because I can't imagine this taking as long as the hail mary did!

2224 tomahawk throws - 1 hail mary.

silverfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.