HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic floors Carkner

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
CamFan81
Derp

vCash: 500
guys used to tuck their chins back in the day lol

Old
01-25-2013, 07:52 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
guys used to tuck their chins back in the day lol
They were also a lot smaller

Old
01-25-2013, 08:01 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Carkner hasn't been the same guy for a long time now. His last heavyweight fight was over 2 years ago

We do know that... when's the last time Lucic fought an Orr, or an Engelland, or a Scott etc? He'd get destroyed...
Lucic has fought plenty of heavyweights and done just fine. As a kid.
He's 24 years old

Scott has 26 NHL fights. 574 other guys in the NHL are yet to fight him as well.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:01 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
They were also a lot smaller
this is true. can you imagine if lucic lands this many blows in a row on someone

Last edited by CamFan81: 01-25-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Jesus can we have a Lucic fight topic with out some ****head bringing up Orr? When is someone gonna bring up that Canadien scrub?

And Lucic has fought Carkner before

Old
01-25-2013, 08:04 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Carkner hasn't been the same guy for a long time now. His last heavyweight fight was over 2 years ago

We do know that... when's the last time Lucic fought an Orr, or an Engelland, or a Scott etc? He'd get destroyed...
You should probably get over this. More than 3 heavies in the NHL.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Soderberg

Quote:
Carkner used to be able to go toe to toe with Orr... and we know how well Lucic can handle Orr...
Lol oh God. Please get new material. It's 2013. What's next is someone going to bring up Laraque???

Quote:

Great logic there.... try again.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

As much as I like Milan Lucic. He would most likely lose a fight to Brian McGrattan, Steve MacIntyre or Colton Orr (already did). But, he's a 25-goal scoring power forward, and those players I mentioned can't play hockey for ****.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

And most likely when those 3 are on the ice Thornton would be on the ice and he is one of the top fights in the league

Old
01-25-2013, 08:31 PM
ot92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Jesus can we have a Lucic fight topic with out some ****head bringing up Orr? When is someone gonna bring up that Canadien scrub?

And Lucic has fought Carkner before
I guess there's only one way to stop it. Lucic needs to take him down. I cant wait.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:33 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
You should probably get over this. More than 3 heavies in the NHL.
They were examples... go through the list of a legitimate heavyweight he's fought since Orr and actually beaten...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Lol oh God. Please get new material. It's 2013. What's next is someone going to bring up Laraque???

Great logic there.... try again.
It was great logic because only a blind fan thinks Lucic is a legit heavyweight. He's the size of heavyweight fighting middleweights... no wonder he wins fights

Old
01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
cneely

Quote:
They were examples... go through the list of a legitimate heavyweight he's fought since Orr and actually beaten...

It was great logic because only a blind fan thinks Lucic is a legit heavyweight. He's the size of heavyweight fighting middleweights... no wonder he wins fights
This is just ignorant. Go look at his fight card.

Orr, Rosehill, Carkner, Ivanans, Erskine, Boulton, Neil, Tarnasky, Eager, Brookbank...

The kid will fight anyone.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:40 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Carkner shouldn't have talked after, talk trash when the guy spared you by not hitting you after he kod you? Lucic could've kept punching, that's class.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:48 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
This is just ignorant. Go look at his fight card.

Orr, Rosehill, Carkner, Ivanans, Erskine, Boulton, Neil, Tarnasky, Eager, Brookbank...

The kid will fight anyone.
Orr beat him so bad he hid behind a ref, Rosehill isn't on the same level as Orr, Carkner like I said is nothing like he was when his last heavyweight fight (Parros) was over 2 years ago, he lost to Ivanans who isn't much of a heavyweight and the rest aren't even close to heavyweights. The rest are guys Mike Brown would fight in a Leaf game, not guys Orr would fight. Like I said.. he isn't even close to a heavyweight.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:52 PM
cneely

Quote:
Orr beat him so bad he hid behind a ref, Rosehill isn't on the same level as Orr, Carkner like I said is nothing like he was when his last heavyweight fight (Parros) was over 2 years ago, he lost to Ivanans who isn't much of a heavyweight and the rest aren't even close to heavyweights. The rest are guys Mike Brown would fight in a Leaf game, not guys Orr would fight. Like I said.. he isn't even close to a heavyweight.
He went at it pretty good with Orr until Colton landed one and broke his nose. The fact is, the kid has, and wil, fight anyone. Not sure what your issue is with him, but it's clouding your judgement.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:56 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Lucic has now beaten him twice.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:00 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Orr beat him so bad he hid behind a ref, Rosehill isn't on the same level as Orr
Why does he have to be? Not many are on the same level as Orr. Without Laraque and Boogaard (RIP) Orr is the toughest in the NHL. Lucic is up there, he has fought many heavyweights and just beat one tonight. People like you need to stop crying about Lucic picking his fights and always using that Orr fight as an insult. He has a more impressive fight card than John Scott. A guy who also lost to Orr (while in his fighting prime compared to a 22 y/o Lucic) and is always a consensus heavy. Lucic is heavy who is willing and is also a damn good hockey player.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Geez this guy seems to be in love with Orr

Old
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
He went at it pretty good with Orr until Colton landed one and broke his nose. The fact is, the kid has, and wil, fight anyone. Not sure what your issue is with him, but it's clouding your judgement.
I don't have an issue with him... I'm the one that was jumped all over for responding to a post trying to make out Lucic beating Carkner as him beating a heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Why does he have to be? Not many are on the same level as Orr. Without Laraque and Boogaard (RIP) Orr is the toughest in the NHL. Lucic is up there, he has fought many heavyweights and just beat one tonight. People like you need to stop crying about Lucic picking his fights and always using that Orr fight as an insult. He has a more impressive fight card than John Scott. A guy who also lost to Orr (while in his fighting prime compared to a 22 y/o Lucic) and is always a consensus heavy. Lucic is heavy who is willing and is also a damn good hockey player.
He doesn't have to be, he's continually brought up as one of the best fighters in the league however when he's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Geez this guy seems to be in love with Orr
Sort of like how you're in love with Lucic?

Old
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

TieClark has a history of not being shy to show off his Lucic hate on the boards. He also once said that Lupul was not bad defensively. That should be all you need to know; just ignore him, lol.

Old
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
TieClark has a history of not being shy to show off his Lucic hate on the boards. He also once said that Lupul was not bad defensively. That should be all you need to know; just ignore him, lol.
Because he's not, but way to bring up a completely irrelevant topic. I have no hate for Lucic.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Lucic is one of my favorite Bruins but I am not "in love" with him I would use that term for Seguin & Hamilton

Old
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
stranger34

As a Carkner/Islanders fan... Major kudos to Lucic for following the code. Nice shot

Old
01-25-2013, 09:26 PM
cneely

Quote:
I don't have an issue with him... I'm the one that was jumped all over for responding to a post trying to make out Lucic beating Carkner as him beating a heavyweight

He doesn't have to be, he's continually brought up as one of the best fighters in the league however when he's not.

Sort of like how you're in love with Lucic?
How is he not one of the best fighters in the league? He should certainly be considered top 15 or so.
And it's not just us. He was voted by his peers as the toughest player in the league.

Fwiw, Carkner finished tied for 4th

Old
01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Therick67

Carkner is the one who wanted to fight, not Lucic. Lucic made him look like a clown, I'm not sure how thats bad on Lucic.

Lucic dropped the gloves with Orr and was doing fine until late in the fight, he lost. I'm not sure why every time he fights this needs to be mentioned.

Unlike most of the clowns he fights, Lucic is a top 6 foward who has some value.

Closed Thread