HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4 - Avs @ Sharks - Aww, Not Another Rerun! - 1/26/13 - 1:00pm - CSNCA NHLN KFOX

Old
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
Good, glad he's honest because I think so too. You got a link?
It was tweeted by Datar, who's an Avs guy. Datar doesn't think it was clean.

adater ‏@adater
Landeskog called the hit on him "clean", though he hadn't seen replay. Coach Sacco had seen it and didn't think it was clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
Thought while Irwin had some miscues, they tended to be behind the net and he usually cleaned up after himself. He really gives Boyle a lot of freedom if you ask me.

Not looking forward to demers return just yet.
Irwin made one blatant misplay on a keep in but otherwise nothing too bad. He's a great partner for Boyle. Frees up Vlasic to play with one of Burns or Demers, and thereby Stuart for the other.

In addition, it'll allow Boyle to play easier minutes and transition Burns to shutdown minutes.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:12 PM
do0glas

vCash: 500
I really worry the old demers is a pipe dream, but I will withhold judgement until I see him

I also still like Murray as the nice stay at home. Many will say he's getting poor shot differential, but Braun is a very unpredictable partner, activates at wrong times often, and Murray usually keeps everything outside.

Coaches will have tough decisions to make regarding the demers situation.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:16 PM
NWShark*

Real curious to see what they do after Gomez get acclimated and the other defensmen come back. Each game I'm more sold on Irwin. His lateral movement is pretty good and he used it at the right time on the point. Handzus looks great IMO. He had a rush up the ice with the puck and until he showed his back I could figure out it was him because I'm just not used to seeing him do that. Maybe Gomez signing will push him which is only good for the team. Love the chances the 4th line started to get with Gomez dishing. As long as the other teams 4th line doesn't kill gomez that could end up being a genius lineup. Love the changes to the powerplay. They don't stand around like they did last year which should keep them from getting stagnant especially in the playoffs when teams are really aggressive on the kill.

Although this was Clowes best game he needs to go the the 4th line or scratch and move up galiardi or wingles until he can find his game or they trade him.

NWShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I am, especially if he's even half as good as he was in Europe. The sooner we scratch Murray the better imo.
Me too. While the competition in Europe isn't NHL-caliber, it sounded like Demers was excellent over there, playing big minutes in all situations and dominating. I want to see where his game is at.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
NWShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

adater ‏@adater
Landeskog called the hit on him "clean", though he hadn't seen replay. Coach Sacco had seen it and didn't think it was clean
coaches never think hits are clean that knock out their captains...

Old
01-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWShark View Post
coaches never think hits are clean that knock out their captains...
Exactly. Full quote from Landeskog:

"I thought it was a clean hit or felt like a clean hit, no elbow or anything. It was hard, I'll tell you that much," said Landeskog, who had a sizable shiner under his left eye. "I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn't brace myself enough. He stepped up and that's the way hockey goes; you give some and you take some. Tonight, I took a pretty big one."

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
NWShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster View Post
Also, final TOI for Gomez is 15:03, which led the bottom 6.
I think that's because he plays on the PP and they had more PP than PK today. In a game where they get into penalty trouble zeus will probably end up with more TOI.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
do0glas

Video looks like a forearm right to the face. Not sure if you can determine head as initial point or not.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:25 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWShark View Post
Real curious to see what they do after Gomez get acclimated and the other defensmen come back. Each game I'm more sold on Irwin. His lateral movement is pretty good and he used it at the right time on the point. Handzus looks great IMO. He had a rush up the ice with the puck and until he showed his back I could figure out it was him because I'm just not used to seeing him do that. Maybe Gomez signing will push him which is only good for the team. Love the chances the 4th line started to get with Gomez dishing. As long as the other teams 4th line doesn't kill gomez that could end up being a genius lineup. Love the changes to the powerplay. They don't stand around like they did last year which should keep them from getting stagnant especially in the playoffs when teams are really aggressive on the kill.

Although this was Clowes best game he needs to go the the 4th line or scratch and move up galiardi or wingles until he can find his game or they trade him.
If Gomez continues to make great passes to guys like Burish and they don't finish (and Burish won't, let's be honest), I have no doubt Larry Robinson will push for this lineup. The third period would have been a great time to experiment with this, but at this clip the Sharks will have other opportunities to try such a lineup in a game:

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Couture-Gomez-Havlat
Wingels-Zeus-Galiardi
Clowe-Sheppard-Burish

Today was just one game, but if Gomez day in and day out makes passes that lead to scoring chances that don't get buried, he's going to get some 2nd line time. As I've said and keep saying, Couture and Havlat could use a playmaker (Gomez) to center them, not dead weight on the left wing (Clowe).

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:30 PM
do0glas

If you move clowe you might as well scratch him. I don't like him against energy guys all night.

Marleau-jt-pavs
Gomez-couture-havlat
Galiardi-Zeus-wingels
Sheppard-desi-burish

Old
01-26-2013, 10:38 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Let's not get too high on Gomez after only one game. I'm not even convinced he has the conditioning to handle top-6 minutes on a nightly basis.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
do0glas

Part of the reason I would have him on the Wing were we to ever bump clowe. But doesn't seem likely anyway.

I don't really like the D side of Gomez's game, I say keep things as they are. Clowe did have two point tonight, but he is getting a lot of cover defensively.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:43 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Let's not get too high on Gomez after only one game. I'm not even convinced he has the conditioning to handle top-6 minutes on a nightly basis.
psh, you can't tell me what to do.

Gomez - Thornton - Pavelski
Couture - Gomez - Havlat
Marleau - Handzus - Clowe
Wingels - Sheppard - Burish

Boyle - Irwin
Gomez - Vlasic
Irwin - Gomez

There we go. Perfect team.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:46 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Quote:
Part of the reason I would have him on the Wing were we to ever bump clowe. But doesn't seem likely anyway.

I don't really like the D side of Gomez's game, I say keep things as they are. Clowe did have two point tonight, but he is getting a lot of cover defensively.
Clowe is easily the worst defensive forward on the team, unless you mean his linemates are covering for his inefficiencies, in which case then yeah you're right. I'm still not impressed with his play at all, but at least he's not as bad as he was for the first three games.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:50 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Clowe is easily the worst defensive forward on the team, unless you mean his linemates are covering for his inefficiencies, in which case then yeah you're right. I'm still not impressed with his play at all, but at least he's not as bad as he was for the first three games.
The latter is exactly what I meant. He's less and less behind the play, though, so I'm still curious as to his fit in the puzzle.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Hertl Power

Marleau-wow.

Gomez was better last night than I thought he was going to be. Was showing effort in all three zones and was finishing checks and helping with puck possession. He couldn't bury a goal when he had the chance which isn't to surprising. If he plays with that king of effort I will be fine.

Good job Irwin on goal #1. 409 until he ties Bourque.

Hertl Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:03 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

Couture - Gomez - Havlat

Boyle - Irwin
Gomez - Vlasic
Irwin - Gomez

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:29 AM
BaileyMacTavish
Frightfurs!

Send a message via AIM to BaileyMacTavish Send a message via MSN to BaileyMacTavish Send a message via Skype™ to BaileyMacTavish
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

Couture - Gomez - Havlat

Boyle - Irwin
Gomez - Vlasic
Irwin - Gomez

Plan the parade folks. We win!

BaileyMacTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:50 AM
NWShark*

Quote:
How bout more like over 800. This guy aint a rookie. He's been working out apparently and he's been playing on that minor team in Alaska. He'll have to adjust to the system and his line mates but this guy is a minimum 2nd line player when he's healthy and confident.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:03 AM
Grave
Chomp

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

adater ‏@adater

Irwin made one blatant misplay on a keep in but otherwise nothing too bad. He's a great partner for Boyle. Frees up Vlasic to play with one of Burns or Demers, and thereby Stuart for the other.

In addition, it'll allow Boyle to play easier minutes and transition Burns to shutdown minutes.
If you heard Dater's opinion on the lockout and who's the best team in the western conference I bet you'd have a lot less respect for what he believes. You don't have to believe every ginger ya know'

I are drunksage hashtag sharks
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Hertl Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
If you heard Dater's opinion on the lockout and who's the best team in the western conference I bet you'd have a lot less respect for what he believes. You don't have to believe every ginger ya know'
That is because the only players the sharks have are Thornton and Marleau and they are getting older.

Sharks 23
Oilers 3

Hertl Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Grave
Chomp

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenpsyche View Post
That is because the only players the sharks have are Thornton and Marleau and they are getting older.

Sharks 23
Oilers 3
Um.. Tim Kennedy top 6 forward bro.

Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:21 AM
vilpertti

Quote:
Video looks like a forearm right to the face. Not sure if you can determine head as initial point or not.
I posted a picture earlier of the contact, or an inch before Landeskog's face hits into Stuart's arm which is tight to his body. It can't be Stuart's fault if Landskog runs into him face first.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Another good game by the Sharks. Another slow start but luckily they have been overcoming those.

2 more goals for Patty. He won't keep this up but it's real nice to see him tearing it up right now. Suck it Roenick.

Congrats to Greiss for his first shutout and congrats to Irwin for his first goal.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Peter The Great

I'm just glad it was Stuart hitting Landeskog and not Murray, then both Landeskog and O'Byrne probably would have been injured right now. ;-)

21 is online now   Reply With Quote