HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

#4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets|Part 2|The Penguins Go Full Rossi

Old
01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
66-29-33

vCash: 500
Screw this, i'm gonna leave and play some Path of Exile. Seeya guys on Sunday.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
But not surprising.

IMO, you can't **** around in a 48 game season.

It's like we're right back to the same old ****.

BTW, I'm reviewing the new CBA. I can't find the clause about how the Penguins will be assessed a penalty for providing puck support and using five foot passes on the breakout, but I'll post it here when I do find it.
Make sure you tweet it to DB.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
We just didn't get to our game
****, that sounds just like Tomlin's 'the standard is the standard'.

In a lot of ways, it's a scary parallel.

As the organization and structure and discipline put in place by the previous regime is further and further in the rear view mirror, the more the team becomes a shell of what it was.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

That game was lost in the X's and O's. Winnipeg had sticks in every passing lane on every play, we didn't, and it wasn't due to a team-wide difference in work. It's not like the Jets outraced us to every puck.

Bylsma and his staff need to get their act together and fast.

However, replacing him mid-season in a half season where there are so few practices is probably a really bad idea.

Not sure that anyone better is available right this second anyway, unless we, I don't know, flipped Despres to Phoenix for the rights to Tippett (if that's even something you can still do in this sport).

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
If I had a nickle for every time the Penguins said that...

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Hockeygod66

Engelland has been trash all season or at least since he got smashed in the eye.

Play despres he has potential, lovejoy should never start over him again.

Hockeygod66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Griffin6612

It got over looked but does any one seriously thing they will fire DB? He won the cup and its a short season. I would love me discipline but I doubt it happens

Griffin6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
That "game" is becoming more confusing by the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin6612 View Post
It got over looked but does any one seriously thing they will fire DB? He won the cup and its a short season. I would love me discipline but I doubt it happens
I think Shero will try and make a trade before resorting to firing Bylsma.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chethejet

watch Montreal with Mr T. They will play better than the Pens without any superstars. Clearly the stretch passes and so called north south offense is not unique when the wingers can;t handle the puck when they get into the zone.

chethejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
We win 2 games and the system has changed and is great. We lose 2 games and the system is horrendous blah, blah, blah... I don't think it's the system guys. The players are turning too many pucks over and making terrible decision in general. Blame for that can certainly fall on the coach some too.
IMO, the 2 wins were more to do with our guys playing up vs PHI and NYR than the system.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nhindian

Quote:

I'm not on the 'Fire DB' bandwagon, but he won the cup in a season where he coached for half the season. That was as much Iron Mike as him.

nhindian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Quote:
Will never happen unless we lose again in the first round. I can see Shero and Bylsma going both if that should happen.

Frederick Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
mpp9

Quote:
It won't happen. But it makes me sick to my stomach that we may piss away another year of Sid and Geno's prime.

If we're a disappointment again, he better be gone.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
IMO, the 2 wins were more to do with our guys playing up vs PHI and NYR than the system.
There is truth to this. You could definitely tell there was a focus against the Flyers and Rangers that wasn't there against the Leafs and Jets. They managed the puck well in the first two games, but reverted back to their game from the playoffs last year in the next two.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
zoro87

A lot negativity in this thread, but i thought the penguins played pretty solid towards the end of the game, and the bounces didn't go our way(Neal hitting the post), Hopefully we carry this momentum and get a win in ottawa

zoro87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
watch Montreal with Mr T. They will play better than the Pens without any superstars. Clearly the stretch passes and so called north south offense is not unique when the wingers can;t handle the puck when they get into the zone.
Don't make me drool about how things used to be with this team.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
We have zero discipline. Time for DB to go IMO.
You know, when I was one of the first ones calling for MT to go in November 2008, I remember posting something like this:

A coach's job is to do everything in his power in terms of utilization of personnel, systems, line combos, etc to put his players into positions where they're playing to their strengths and not to their weaknesses. It is a coach's job to put players into the best possible position to make plays, and it is the players' job to make those plays. Unfortunately, players look like they are so helplessly out of position that either the coach is putting them there, or the players aren't trying/have tuned him out.

Late in November 2008, I started arriving at a point, watching the Pens, where it looked to me like Therrien was failing to do that. Bylsma has failed to do that. Sid and Geno being out in 2011 and then Sid being out most of the 2011-2012 season bought Bylsma some more time and good will, but I don't know how anyone can look at this team and say 'Bylsma is a good coach'.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
hctopcheds11

This team, personnel wise, still needs:

1 if not 2 top 6 wingers
A top 4 defenseman

And on top of that, we still need a system overhaul.

Just hope Sheromcan at least cure the top of that list...

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Dave King . . . now head of scouting or something like that for Phoenix.

A guy like that will get this team back to the basics, and you sure as **** won't have to worry about seeing the team outcoached.
player development ... and funny but i just commented to someone we needed to get King, opened up this thread and there you are

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Penguinzilla

We'll play "Penguins hockey" on Sunday. When we play Penguins Hockey no one can beat us. Shero will trade for another grinder this weekend, he will be taught Penguin Hockey and we shall win the Cup.

Penguinzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
That game was lost in the X's and O's. Winnipeg had sticks in every passing lane on every play, we didn't, and it wasn't due to a team-wide difference in work. It's not like the Jets outraced us to every puck.

Bylsma and his staff need to get their act together and fast.

However, replacing him mid-season in a half season where there are so few practices is probably a really bad idea.

Not sure that anyone better is available right this second anyway, unless we, I don't know, flipped Despres to Phoenix for the rights to Tippett (if that's even something you can still do in this sport).
It is because it's so short a season that you can't **** around. Either you keep him-- and entrust another year of Sid's and Geno's prime to what you believe is his superior coaching ability-- or you make a move unless you see really fast improvement.

And, yes, Claude Noel handed Bylsma's *** to him tonight. Great adjustments after the first and then after the second.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
You know, when I was one of the first ones calling for MT to go in November 2008, I remember posting something like this:

A coach's job is to do everything in his power in terms of utilization of personnel, systems, line combos, etc to put his players into positions where they're playing to their strengths and not to their weaknesses. It is a coach's job to put players into the best possible position to make plays, and it is the players' job to make those plays. Unfortunately, players look like they are so helplessly out of position that either the coach is putting them there, or the players aren't trying/have tuned him out.

Late in November 2008, I started arriving at a point, watching the Pens, where it looked to me like Therrien was failing to do that. Bylsma has failed to do that. Sid and Geno being out in 2011 and then Sid being out most of the 2011-2012 season bought Bylsma some more time and good will, but I don't know how anyone can look at this team and say 'Bylsma is a good coach'.
I was right there with you then saying the same things on the old Penguins message board and I'm with you again now.

MrBurgundy* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
vodeni

Gino is -5 in last two game, that is too deep of a hole....

vodeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

where's Cole's damn +/- thread? I need to focus my *****ing and moaning on set topics.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

This game wasn't the system's fault. We just turned the puck over so many times. Offensive zone especially- just passing the puck directly to the other team. Either that or shooting right at defensemen. No puck support at all. Overextending shifts was an issue too. Quite a few times I saw guys staying out past a minute and ending up turning the puck over. Didn't lead to goals but totally unnecessary and selfish.

Kunitz and Dupuis have disappeared. Just a black holes of nothingness. Sutter may be snakebitten but he needs to pick his game up and contribute.

I don't like TK with Malkin and Neal. He hustled and had some chances, but Neal and Malkin need the puck on their stick and TK took away from that I thought.

Just brutal from the 2nd on.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote