HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vinny Prospal to NYR at the deadline

Old
01-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Rangerboy030

vCash: 500
Vinny Prospal to NYR at the deadline

It looks like Kreider isn't ready to play in the NHL just yet, as such NYR's depth at LW could use a boost. Prospal played for NYR 2 seasons ago and so has experience playing for Torts, during this time Prospal also showed some good chemistry with Gaborik. Prospal also has experience playing at C, which could provide NYR with insurance in case Richards or Stepan were to go down with injury.

What would CBJ be looking for?

Rangerboy030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
MOD

Woudln't mind seeing Vinny and his enthusiasm back in broadway blue.

Click here for Brassard Party

Last edited by Fugu: 01-26-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: can we stop that silly stuff-- please?
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Rangerboy030

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Tell me one thing of significant value you are willing to give for Prospal.
I'd be open to trading a 2nd in a package for Prospal for example.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

They arent trading Vinny they have an agreement he will retire in Columbus and eventually get an office job.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
This is a deal I can get behind. Between his celebrations & enthusiasm and his creativity on the PP, I would love having him back. Realistically, what would it take Bluejacket fans?

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Rangerboy030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
They arent trading Vinny they have an agreement he will retire in Columbus and eventually get an office job.
Source?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:11 AM
sureloss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerboy030 View Post
Source?
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...extension.html

Quote:
The deal is worth $2.5 million and includes a no-trade clause. It also includes a gentleman's agreement that when Prospal's playing days are over, he'll stay with the organization in some capacity.
"When we started talking, we asked him if he wanted to stay and be a leader, to stay here beyond playing and take a role with the organization," Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told The Dispatch. "He really likes it here. His family likes it here. He's enjoyed his role mentoring the young players, and you've seen the energy and passion he brings to everything he does, every practice and every game."

Prospal's post-career role has not been defined. First off, nobody can say how much longer he'll play. As long as he's healthy and productive, Howson said, the two sides will work on one-year extensions.

sureloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:17 AM
Rangerboy030

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureloss View Post
I don't see anything about Prospal retiring as a Jacket and I can't see why a trade would prevent him from joining the Jacket's front office when he retires when it was a gentleman's agreement and not in the contract.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:26 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerboy030 View Post
I don't see anything about Prospal retiring as a Jacket and I can't see why a trade would prevent him from joining the Jacket's front office when he retires when it was a gentleman's agreement and not in the contract.

Didn't read that article but the deal was also for Prospal to keep signing 1 year deals with Columbus until he wants to retire. Then when he retires, he would get a job in front office.

*This was before JD came along, not sure if the agreement is still in effect.
*I think it would be all up to Prospal(if he wants to get traded for a chance at a Cup, trade him, if not, don't listen to any offers). You would think he would want a chance at a Cup and at the same time, help Columbus get assets for him but with his age, not sure if he wants to be away from his family. Even if it's only for a couple of months. Also, don't think he wants make his family move again. If he is down for a trade, I would take a 2nd round pick for him. Blue Jackets keeps getting more 2013 draft picks.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:36 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Didn't read that article but the deal was also for Prospal to keep signing 1 year deals with Columbus until he wants to retire. Then when he retires, he would get a job in front office.

*This was before JD came along, not sure if the agreement is still in effect.
*I think it would be all up to Prospal(if he wants to get traded for a chance at a Cup, trade him, if not, don't listen to any offers). You would think he would want a chance at a Cup and at the same time, help Columbus get assets for him but with his age, not sure if he wants to be away from his family. Even if it's only for a couple of months. Also, don't think he wants make his family move again. If he is down for a trade, I would take a 2nd round pick for him. Blue Jackets keeps getting more 2013 draft picks.
In that case it would make much more sense for them to keep shopping him every deadline like St. Louis did with Tkachuk. He could bring in assets, sign back in the summer, then bring in assets again. In return give him a cushier job when he retires.

Imagine Prospal fetching like 4 2nd rounders for them.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote