HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Sounds interesting, is he really expected to go around where we're picking though? That's the kind of player I would rather use a 2nd on, generally speaking.
Most lists have him late 1st, so the option of using a pair of 2nds to get him is there.

Plymouth has been on a tear recently and could have a long playoff run, which could boost his draft stock some more.

HockeyProspect.com: 21st
McKenzie: 28th
Button: 29th

That is a big Hartman fan, I'm sure he can add some more details for you.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:58 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

vCash: 500
I still haven't done a lot of research and only saw a handful of games, but from what I saw and from my evaluation of the situation for the Habs at this moment, you've got to give a long, long look to a guy like Valentin Zykov if you end up drafting in the 15-25 range.

As for the conversation around guys like Nurse or Zadorov, put me in the Zadorov bandwagon way before Nurse. Not sure Nurse has the tools to be an intimidating factor in any way out there. Zadorov on the other way literally plays to kill.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Yeah, I really like Zykov too. Put a gun to my head and I probably take him ahead of Mantha.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I still haven't done a lot of research and only saw a handful of games, but from what I saw and from my evaluation of the situation for the Habs at this moment, you've got to give a long, long look to a guy like Valentin Zykov if you end up drafting in the 15-25 range.

As for the conversation around guys like Nurse or Zadorov, put me in the Zadorov bandwagon way before Nurse. Not sure Nurse has the tools to be an intimidating factor in any way out there. Zadorov on the other way literally plays to kill.
Shut down pairing of zadorov and tinordi that would be stellar

Old
02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Shut down pairing of zadorov and tinordi that would be stellar
Yeah. I don't think we have any chance of seeing that though, unless we fall to the bottom-10.

If we keep it up and pick in the 15-25 range, guys like Zykov, Mantha and Burakovski would probably be three guys I'd keep a close eye on. Gauthier is huge and apparently a complete player on the ice, but I'm not sure I trust his offensive upside.

And Mantha is just having too good of a year to disregard. If he falls to us, it might be too hard to pass on him. Said to have a great hockey IQ and he looks like he can really find those free spots on the ice. Decent size and good skills also.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I would love to get Zadorov. He does remind me a lot of Tinordi, but I think the offense comes more natural to Zadorov than it ever will to Tinordi.

I haven't watched Zykov much either but his numbers are undeniable, especially if we're picking in the bottom half of the draft.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would love to get Zadorov. He does remind me a lot of Tinordi, but I think the offense comes more natural to Zadorov than it ever will to Tinordi.

I haven't watched Zykov much either but his numbers are undeniable, especially if we're picking in the bottom half of the draft.
Zadorov, to me, is far more superior than Tinordi was when he played in the O he's not fighting as much as Tinordi but he's soooooo damn mean I can't do nothing but to love him. It's the kind of guy that could go 7th overall or 18-20... You never know.

Same thing for Zykov he could rise so high or be drafted so low, kind of like Collberg last year, but I doubt he falls to the second or past the late 20's. With the size and skill he has he'd be a great addition to our prospect pool.

I'm so excited for this draft... Last year I was pretty much thorn in between Forsberg, Chuckie and Murray... This year, damn I've got like 50 favorites It will be hard to disapoint me this year Timmis

On another note has anybody watched Hagg play? I saw him at the WJC and thats it..

Old
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
My pick for the 6th round Todd Fiddler LW/Spokane Chiefs-WHL would be available as an overage in July turns 20 July13 2013.He's 5'11"/210 lbs.Top Scorer for team and 16th in WHL.Brendan Kichton LD 21 in June 22nd overall in pts with 65 pts -18 goals 6'0/195 Spokane Chiefs/WHL.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-15-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I respectfully disagree.

In my viewings, Zadorov has been mean and punishing, but I felt he could be meaner. He throws some of the nicest open ice hits you're going to see. However, he tends to just stand around in front of the net and not really clear the crease (well not as assertively as he could). Kind of reminds me of Emelin. He's a physical beast, but he also plays with a lot of poise.

On the other hand, every time I watch Nurse, I think he's going out there to legitimately hurt somebody. He's so much meaner with his stick than Zadorov, and while he doesn't crush people like Zadorov does, if you go anywhere near the crease, you will die. I'd go as far to say that, in the OHL, I don't think there's a meaner defenceman than Nurse (maybe a tie with Pedan).

Nurse is certainly not as poised as Zadorov, and doesn't have the same level of polish either. Which are two reasons why a lot seem to give the edge to Zadorov. Both are fantastic prospects, and come draft day I'd be extremely happy with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm so excited for this draft... Last year I was pretty much thorn in between Forsberg, Chuckie and Murray... This year, damn I've got like 50 favorites It will be hard to disapoint me this year Timmis
Glad I'm not the only one. Every now and then I try and think about my favourite prospects and I end up having list the length of the first round.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I respectfully disagree.

In my viewings, Zadorov has been mean and punishing, but I felt he could be meaner. He throws some of the nicest open ice hits you're going to see. However, he tends to just stand around in front of the net and not really clear the crease (well not as assertively as he could). Kind of reminds me of Emelin. He's a physical beast, but he also plays with a lot of poise.

On the other hand, every time I watch Nurse, I think he's going out there to legitimately hurt somebody. He's so much meaner with his stick than Zadorov, and while he doesn't crush people like Zadorov does, if you go anywhere near the crease, you will die. I'd go as far to say that, in the OHL, I don't think there's a meaner defenceman than Nurse (maybe a tie with Pedan).

Nurse is certainly not as poised as Zadorov, and doesn't have the same level of polish either. Which are two reasons why a lot seem to give the edge to Zadorov. Both are fantastic prospects, and come draft day I'd be extremely happy with either.

Glad I'm not the only one. Every now and then I try and think about my favourite prospects and I end up having list the length of the first round.

Yeah that's my POV too... Nurse look's like a monster out there and is NASTY around the crease and in the corners while Zadorov plays alot like Emelin good comparison but I think he's still a little bit nastier than Emelin.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
My pick for the 6th round Todd Fiddler LW/Spokane Chiefs-WHL would be available as an overage in July turns 20 July13 2013.He's 5'11"/210 lbs.Top Scorer for team and 16th in WHL.Brendan Kichton LD 21 in June 22nd overall in pts with 65 pts -18 goals 6'0/195 Spokane Chiefs/WHL.
Pretty sure he can't be drafted due to his age. Only signed.

Quote:
Poise and polish...purely defensively, right? Because Nurse is outproducing Zadorov in terms of points on a lesser team.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:59 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yeah that's my POV too... Nurse look's like a monster out there and is NASTY around the crease and in the corners while Zadorov plays alot like Emelin good comparison but I think he's still a little bit nastier than Emelin.
Guys, don't forget it's easy to be a tough SOB in the CHL... a lot harder when you're 20 against men bigger and stonger.

Guys like Tyler Myers were monsters in the CHL and lambs in the NHL.

Let's draft for talent and overall play (use of the body) instead of trying to find a player who can match the Bruins nastiness.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Guys, don't forget it's easy to be a tough SOB in the CHL... a lot harder when you're 20 against men bigger and stonger.

Guys like Tyler Myers were monsters in the CHL and lambs in the NHL.

Let's draft for talent and overall play (use of the body) instead of trying to find a player who can match the Bruins nastiness.
Well Zadorov and Nurse are exactly what you say Talent.

Nurse will be a tough SOB if he ever makes it. It's is trade mark he will keep it. Because unlike Myers he can't rely on his talent ONLY.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

That game left me confused on Rychel. I saw some real good flashes (nice pass on the only Windsor goal) and he had a couple of other really nice plays (there was a play that Koko somehow did not finish on after a nice pass by Rychel in the 2nd), but I also saw him not pay a price on several shifts and on certain shifts I thought his skating looked like it needed some work.

Windsor is just dysfunctional this year, that team is a major underachiever.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That game left confused on Rychel. I saw some real good flashes (nice pass on the only Windsor goal) and he had a couple of other really nice plays (there was a play that Koko somehow did not finish on after a nice pass by Rychel in the 2nd), but I also saw him not pay a price on several shifts and on certain shifts I thought his skating looked like it needed some work.

Windsor is just dysfunctional this year, that team is a major underachiever.
Because it does need some work

Old
02-15-2013, 09:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Rychel's laziness is Kovalev level. He had been terrible before Khokhlachev got there. As one OHL writer said, he's riding the coattails into the 1st round.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Scotianhab

Was at the Mooseheads game tonight. Drouin scored the best goal I've ever saw live. The crowd went insane afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzj6i...ture=youtu.be]

Old
02-15-2013, 11:03 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Was at the Mooseheads game tonight. Drouin scored the best goal I've ever saw live. The crowd went insane afterwards.

Good Lord.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Those are some of the best in-game hands I've ever seen.

Look at 24 seconds how he handles the puck WHILE skating full speed...

This kid is gold...Not even he's Platinum

Old
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That stuff won't fly in the everyday NHL life but the way he protected the puck going into the scrum is solid. No one can say he can't play without MacKinnon now

Old
02-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Mats86

Quote:

I have idea this great 2013 draft will pass the Habs by, a golden opportunity gone. They have too much emphaize on making playoffs and teams won't be trading those top picks. All top franchise players be gone by our pick. The future Kanes, Stamkos, Toews, Charas, Eric Staals, etc... Drouin, MacKinnon, Nurse, Monahan, Zadarov all be gone by then

We may get a future second line winger or third line center like Zykov or Gauthier, but nobody to make a difference to what we have now. Maybe another Gorges like Diaby plus a couple of back line players, but nobody to change the team any

Old
02-16-2013, 12:51 AM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I have idea this great 2013 draft will pass the Habs by, a golden opportunity gone. They have too much emphaize on making playoffs and teams won't be trading those top picks. All top franchise players be gone by our pick. The future Kanes, Stamkos, Toews, Charas, Eric Staals, etc... Drouin, MacKinnon, Nurse, Monahan, Zadarov all be gone by then

We may get a future second line winger or third line center like Zykov or Gauthier, but nobody to make a difference to what we have now. Maybe another Gorges like Diaby plus a couple of back line players, but nobody to change the team any
You obviously don't get that any draft pick can turn out to be a great player. Refer to 2003 draft.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs61 View Post
You obviously don't get that any draft pick can turn out to be a great player. Refer to 2003 draft.
Yeah right.... Nobody will be drinking that kool-aid. Kostitsyn...stunk and always did
Everybody thought he was going to be a great star because of his elipse being fixed. The guy had a great U18 tourny and everybody on here thought he was next Bobby Hull.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs61 View Post
Sure but most will not end up being good players either, you can't play with hypotheticals like that.

And the 2003 draft isn't a great example that was one of the best drafts ever.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:17 AM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Yeah right.... Nobody will be drinking that kool-aid. Kostitsyn...stunk and always did
Everybody thought he was going to be a great star because of his elipse being fixed. The guy had a great U18 tourny and everybody on here thought he was next Bobby Hull.
Depends how the season goes. We may trade a few players for more draft picks who knows.

Closed Thread