HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The Flames 2nd rounder is sure looking good right now
MB should pull a Sam Pollock and make a trade to help the caps so the flames can take the #1 spot and we get the 31st pick!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
MB should pull a Sam Pollock and make a trade to help the caps so the flames can take the #1 spot and we get the 31st pick!
Or we can help out the Flames and trade them Kaberle

Old
02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Wennberg is only 7 months younger than Collberg, which makes him one of the oldest players available in the 2013 draft.

As of today the CGY 2nd rounder would be 32nd overall. NSH pick would be 42nd overall.
Yeah, I don't like the idea of drafting someone that's almost a year older than everyone else in the first round. Unless it's Seth Jones, but that's different.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Would love it if the Habs end up drafting 3-4 Quebeckers out of the first two rounds this year.

I don't think I've ever seen so many QMJHL players rated so highly during the 5-6 years that I've been following the draft. Great year for the Canadiens to bring in some talented local guys to the system, especially with the three 2nd rounders.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Kylington
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Would love it if the Habs end up drafting 3-4 Quebeckers out of the first two rounds this year.

I don't think I've ever seen so many QMJHL players rated so highly during the 5-6 years that I've been following the draft. Great year for the Canadiens to bring in some talented local guys to the system, especially with the three 2nd rounders.
Yep, and if we can, pick Lindholm

Old
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Yeah, I don't like the idea of drafting someone that's almost a year older than everyone else in the first round. Unless it's Seth Jones, but that's different.
If he's good, why not? We have drafted an overage player a few years ago in Nygren, so it's clearly about talent first. Elias Lindholm is like a month younger than Wennberg - should we not draft him either?

Young for the draft class is a plus especially if they stand out - That's what makes Barkov so appealing, the fact that he's THAT big and THAT mature despite being one of the youngest players in his class, but BPA is BPA.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post

Hopefully we draft 3-4 great players reguardless of where they are from and once again don't listen to Roy!

Old
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If he's good, why not? We have drafted an overage player a few years ago in Nygren, so it's clearly about talent first. Elias Lindholm is like a month younger than Wennberg - should we not draft him either?

Young for the draft class is a plus especially if they stand out - That's what makes Barkov so appealing, the fact that he's THAT big and THAT mature despite being one of the youngest players in his class, but BPA is BPA.
Anyway wasnt Collberg one of the youngest of the last draft? This explains pretty much if it is...

There a difference between Nygren and Wennberg picking rounds though

Old
02-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Anyway wasnt Collberg one of the youngest of the last draft? This explains pretty much if it is...

There a difference between Nygren and Wennberg picking rounds though
I think you're thinking of Forsberg

Old
02-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I think you're thinking of Forsberg
No I think Collberg too, I know my little Foppa well enough don't worry

Never mind, he's born in Febuary.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:15 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
How much have you seen of Hartman in the OHL? He's outplayed Sens first rounder Stefan Noesen, he's outplayed Tom Wilson, and he's arguably outplayed Rickard Rakell (who made the Ducks out of camp) as well. Up until the Trocheck trade, he was probably the most consistent forward on the Whalers.

Hartman is a fantastic skater, has slick hands, and is a very crafty offensive player. For some reason people think he's strictly a checking forward, when that's not true at all. He's a offensive player, has a strong defensive game, and is already one of the best penalty killers in the OHL. He hits like a truck and is consistently physical.

He's a top 30 talent in this draft. Does that mean he will go there? No. His only question mark is size, and personally I think his combination of skill and tenacity more than make up for it.
Ive seen played Hartman a few games and have to agree with you That. Saw him live in Ottawa and he was the 2nd best forward next to Rackell. Noesen was injure but he easily outplayed Tom Wilson. Plus during WJC he was my favorite USA RW, kinda wished they would have made a line with Gaudreau, Galchenyuk & Hartman

Old
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
NateTheGr8

IMO, The first three picks of this years draft will be depended on what the team needs. I think you cant go wrong with either Jones or Mackinnon, even though they play different positions, their skill level is very similar. (In the sense that there is no unquestionable #1. Ex. Crosby, RNH, Tavares, Kane)

Lets say somehow Philly gets 1st overall, Id say they would draft Seth Jones because they need D. (Same with Detroit

If Toronto gets #1, With the team they have now id draft Mackinnon, since their always on the hunt for centers.

Seth Jones and Mackinnon are will go in the first two, without a doubt. Yet the third pick will be hard.

If MTL got the third pick again, I'd go with Drouin, because of his incredible skill, we'll have pleks for awhile, and Agally will soon be dominating the NHL

Drouin-Gally-Gallagher

Old
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Sure, I'd draft Lindholm, because there's a clear difference between him and Wennberg.

You find two prospects to be of equal value ready to be selected, would you pick the one that was 18 his whole draft year, or the one that was 17? There's a significant difference in physical development at that age.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:17 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Huskies were in town tonight.

It was the 2nd time I was seeing Andrighetto and Dea and my mind didn't change about them.

If Andrighetto is there in the 3rd round. You HAVE to draft him.

Dea is a product of him, he barely never touches the puck when they play together and leaves it to the Swiss or Gab Desjardins. He just doesn't play a pro game. His goal was tap-in. He did sneak in behind though.

Dea remains a no-draft for me.

Also would love if Timmins took a look at Lemay for the later rounds of the draft. Pretty skilled, good skater, and goes through traffic.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:49 AM
S Bah

I'm thinking Wennberg or Gauthier in the 1st round,if they are taken then Domi or Burakowsky,if they are gone then Dickinson or Zykov.Klimchuk,Theodore,Carrier, Buchnevich,Dauphin,Hurley,Diaby or Roy in the 2nd round and Tyler Hill or Samuel Henley in the 3rd round.Talent first then size with skating & desire.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:42 AM
MaxLacoste

I really start to think Anthony Duclair could be our first 2nd round pick. I know everybody think he is a first round talent, but I didn't saw him rank in the first round since november. This draft is so deep and I think it's the reason of him dropping in the second round. He could be this year Collberg.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:19 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
I really start to think Anthony Duclair could be our first 2nd round pick. I know everybody think he is a first round talent, but I didn't saw him rank in the first round since november. This draft is so deep and I think it's the reason of him dropping in the second round. He could be this year Collberg.
I took a lot of flack for saying that Duclair isn't a 1st round talent. However, if he falls to the 2nd, with 3 2nd round picks, take a stab at him. At worst he can grind it out with speed on the 3rd line and cause problems for the opposition. At most he fulfills the potential others see in him that I haven't seen.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:40 PM
NotProkofievian

I quite like what I've seen(little) of Robert Hagg. I still have the WJC games from the 2013 tournament. Can anyone recommend a game to watch for this guy?

He looks extremely smooth in everything he does.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I quite like what I've seen(little) of Robert Hagg. I still have the WJC games from the 2013 tournament. Can anyone recommend a game to watch for this guy?

He looks extremely smooth in everything he does.
Uh... all? You can't just watch one game and get a good idea of the player. He doesn't get a ton of time with MODO's pro team but it's definitely worth a watch especially if you can get the J20 games.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
If the Flames pick stays in the 31-36 range I could see it happening.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I took a lot of flack for saying that Duclair isn't a 1st round talent. However, if he falls to the 2nd, with 3 2nd round picks, take a stab at him. At worst he can grind it out with speed on the 3rd line and cause problems for the opposition. At most he fulfills the potential others see in him that I haven't seen.
Agreed wholeheartedly

Old
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Has anyone on here seen much of Samuel Morin from Rimouski?

Old
02-02-2013, 05:56 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

We talked about Morin quite a bit in this thread. Some see a project with good upside who is making a lot of improvements. I personally question his IQ.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
We talked about Morin quite a bit in this thread. Some see a project with good upside who is making a lot of improvements. I personally question his IQ.
Alright. Couldn't find anything when I searched.

I'm gonna guess Mantha and Gauthier have been discussed previously as well?

Old
02-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 473
Curtis Lazar is on fire right now.

11 goals in his last 11 games (11th one currently ongoing).

If he finishes strong, he's definitely on my radar if we are picking 15th-20th.

Closed Thread