HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks 5, Ducks 0: John Garrett thrown out of Disneyland for lewd behaviour

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 03:46 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
We haven't lost a single game with JS in the lineup.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:53 AM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
We haven't lost a single game with JS in the lineup.
We've won every game Malhotra hasn't played in.
Let's trade Manny so we can go on a 45 game winning streak + 16 game playoff winning streak!

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Old
01-26-2013, 03:54 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

vCash: 500
I would be thoroughly disgusted if Perry ever became a Canuck.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:56 AM
xtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
you and everyone like you would be over it in a heart beat.

Old
The Horvatian One
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
woah, hold it right there; is Luongo saying he used the handicapped stall in the bathroom.
He's used to sitting.....

Old
ProstheticConscience
but just as a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I don't think Edler and Garrison sucked hardcore. Thought it was one of their better games, could be better though. That'll come as they keep playing together and get more games under their belts as the season wears on.
I was not a fan. Granted, the whole team was in fire drill mode in their own end, but it's just unnerving seeing our supposed 3rd pairing leading the way.

Old
David71

everyone says bieska picks his spot when he fights.. do you agree or disagree.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:58 AM
Free Edler
Soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
everyone says bieska picks his spot when he fights.. do you agree or disagree.
Disagree. Bieksa would probably fight anyone - within reason - in the league if he was pissed off enough, but kicking the crap out of guys isn't his role and it doesn't need to be. He's a better player than that. Leave the staged fights to the plugs.

Also, has anyone noticed Garrett is looking more and more like Frank Costanza with each passing season? There is quite a resemblance.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:00 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
I think you're lying, and anyone who says they wouldn't be happy with Perry on the Canucks are also lying. He's a player that would make us a legitimate Cup contender, more than we already are. He's the type of player we're missing, almost that last puzzle piece, if you will. Perry is a sore loser, but he's a proven winner, and a proven talented hockey player.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:03 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Anyone else think Kassian has some leadership qualites?

I don't think he will ever be a sole captain but honestly once the Sedins are gone I could see him as an assistant once he matures more (although he seems pretty mature already).

This is just something I have been thinking about over the lockout.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:08 AM
Free Edler
Soft.

Kassian should attach magnets to himself and the Sedins and try to soak up as much as he can. He's already got the physical tools to be a very, very good forward in this league, but those two guys can teach him what it'll take to be a star.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:10 AM
vector209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

I don't think he will ever be a sole captain but honestly once the Sedins are gone I could see him as an assistant once he matures more (although he seems pretty mature already).

Good player, but I don't agree.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:14 AM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Disagree. Bieksa would probably fight anyone - within reason - in the league if he was pissed off enough, but kicking the crap out of guys isn't his role and it doesn't need to be. He's a better player than that. Leave the staged fights to the plugs.

Also, has anyone noticed Garrett is looking more and more like Frank Costanza with each passing season? There is quite a resemblance.
he did a flying knee tonight in the game against belseky? wtf? true. now the team has guys like kassian/volpatti/weise to a certain extent but he sucks at fighting so yeah

Old
01-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

I don't see him being a captain or alternate captain, but more of a guy who stands up for teammates and is a fan favorite.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:19 AM
25Bieksa3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
he did a flying knee tonight in the game against belseky? wtf? true. now the team has guys like kassian/volpatti/weise to a certain extent but he sucks at fighting so yeah
Bieksa in his pre-20 minutes of ice time days was fighting everyone. Remember Jean-F Jacques? Bieksa defiled his corpse, and also gives up 25 lbs and 3 inches on him. Bieksa will fight ANYONE if he needs to, but nowadays he's definitely being more careful.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:22 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Thanks for the upload Makaveli, I fell asleep before the game. It looked solid as the score suggest. Perry, get some composure for your own sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused To Death View Post
Sedins don't dive. They may trip sometimes, but they don't dive.

Pretty much this, there is so much **** catered from especially Bruins fans about this. My favourite hate object is the sequence when Henrik fell as Ference pushed him at the same time Kelly slashed him on the foot - all after the whistle. Some cameras just showed the push and it looked like Henrik was shot. This has been used as evidence of the Sedins diving (they are always bunched) and frankly it is the best evidence the haters can come up with so the argument is very lame.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:25 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I don't see him being a captain or alternate captain, but more of a guy who stands up for teammates and is a fan favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vector209 View Post
Good player, but I don't agree.
Fair comments, maybe not someone who wears a letter but once he is a veteran I could see him as apart of the leadership core here, say in the mold Burrows is now, where he doesn't wear an A and I'm sure he isn't one of the bigger leaders on the team but he does possess some qualities and speaks for the team well in a good light.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:57 AM
Spectrefire

Damn, Passittobullis just pointed out some interesting stats about Schroeder. I think we've already covered his face-offs tonight, but he had the most defensive zone face-offs with 8, and won 5 of them. It's amazing how quickly AV is trusting the kid, but given how he's performing, it's not hard to see why.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:03 AM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
Seem like Schroeder has another great game........I just have this feeling he going be good in the playoffs..........maybe he will have world junior like performance......

Old
01-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Damn, Passittobullis just pointed out some interesting stats about Schroeder. I think we've already covered his face-offs tonight, but he had the most defensive zone face-offs with 8, and won 5 of them. It's amazing how quickly AV is trusting the kid, but given how he's performing, it's not hard to see why.
AV trusts players who can play in their own zone, first and foremost. The rookie hating thing is a myth people made up to defend Hodgson not getting preferential treatment.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:19 AM
Auger

Everything has already been said, but my opinion on Raymond has not changed. We definitely need him right now, but when he isn't hustling he is absolute crap. He has no redeeming features in his game other than speed. He constantly falls down and his decisions with the puck are 50/50 at best. Raymond is clearly playing well right now, and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I am willing to bet that this board turns on him when the games get gritty.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:26 AM
BrandonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Everything has already been said, but my opinion on Raymond has not changed. We definitely need him right now, but when he isn't hustling he is absolute crap. He has no redeeming features in his game other than speed. He constantly falls down and his decisions with the puck are 50/50 at best. Raymond is clearly playing well right now, and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I am willing to bet that this board turns on him when the games get gritty.
I think this assessment is pretty harsh. I'm not a huge supporter of Raymond and would probably trade him for a half decent offer, but he's got great speed and is a pretty well rounded player.

Outside of the first line, he has been the Canucks best forward through the first 4 games.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:29 AM
TheLastSedin

Fun game to watch, is it just me or is Raymond stronger on his skates this year? I usually joke about him falling down, but he has been having some good chemistry with everyone AV has paired him with. Glad to see the sedins step up, Kassian still performing, and the other lines and pairings doing their jobs. For the most part I thought everyone played well with maybe the exception of Bieksa, Ebbett, and Higgins. They looked sloppy on several shifts, losing their defensive assignments or not contributing on offense or getting pucks deep.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSedin View Post
Fun game to watch, is it just me or is Raymond stronger on his skates this year? I usually joke about him falling down, but he has been having some good chemistry with everyone AV has paired him with. Glad to see the sedins step up, Kassian still performing, and the other lines and pairings doing their jobs. For the most part I thought everyone played well with maybe the exception of Bieksa, Ebbett, and Higgins. They looked sloppy on several shifts, losing their defensive assignments or not contributing on offense or getting pucks deep.
It's just you.

While Mayray has been surprisingly effective at all facet of the game, thus far. He still falls down quite a bit. Higgins, I have to believe is playing with some sort of ailment. He has been among our most consistent forwards since arriving. Hopefully, this is not a lasting deal because we need him to step up.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSedin View Post
I think he is strong on his skates too.

One thing I noticed is he is starting to carry it wide and take it too the net rather than skating into the zone, stopping at the half boards, turning and falling down when he gets pressured like he did last year.

Regardless of whether people want to admit it or not he is playing a better style of game than before, using more of a power style, and really using his skating ability to his advantage by cutting wide and driving hard. rather than just trying to stay away from pressure around the perimeter like he did last year.

Hope he continues this, he is creating more space for himself and Schroeder makes more space for him too, his shot seems to be back in order as he isn't shooting right into the goalies chest like he did last year.

Closed Thread