HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Subban signed.

^ and I agree

Old
01-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Decent deal for the frogs... Hopefully they trade for another bloated salary again and eat it.

Can anyone say Vinnie

Old
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
leugangen

The Subban signing is good for the Habs...for now. It's going to hurt them in the long run when Subban's next contract is 7 mill. They should have signed him long-term now for a 4.5 cap hit.

Okay so now we are all in on going after ROR, right?

Old
01-28-2013, 07:48 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
The Subban signing is good for the Habs...for now. It's going to hurt them in the long run when Subban's next contract is 7 mill. They should have signed him long-term now for a 4.5 cap hit.

Is he a UFA in two years? If he is then he can sign somewhere else.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Is he a UFA in two years? If he is then he can sign somewhere else.
No I think he have 2 years left then. But their qualifying offer must be around $4m then. So I think.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post

Enough with the ROR.

I thought we decided he wasn't good enough. If we are going to target a #1C then lets make it a good one. Not some guy who MIGHT just a bit too good to be on the second line.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
What do you guys think we would have to add to Grabovski to get a #1C? I'm assuming that by next year Kadri will be able to fill in the #2C position (or Bozak can if he isn't ready).

A guy high on my list would be Krejci as I think he would fit in with Kessel very well. Would something like Grabovski + MacA get it done? Maybe add a pick or two? Or somebody else similar in mind? I feel like centre depth of: Krejci (or somebody similar) - Kadri - Bozak - McClement would be far better than what we have right now.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Enough with the ROR.

I thought we decided he wasn't good enough. If we are going to target a #1C then lets make it a good one. Not some guy who MIGHT just a bit too good to be on the second line.
What's wrong with a guy like ROR?

If you have center depth, you can get by if you don't have a #1C.

Bergeron and Krejci are no #1C's but they're great players.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Brody
$$

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
What do you guys think we would have to add to Grabovski to get a #1C? I'm assuming that by next year Kadri will be able to fill in the #2C position (or Bozak can if he isn't ready).

A guy high on my list would be Krejci as I think he would fit in with Kessel very well. Would something like Grabovski + MacA get it done? Maybe add a pick or two? Or somebody else similar in mind? I feel like centre depth of: Krejci (or somebody similar) - Kadri - Bozak - McClement would be far better than what we have right now.
Krejci would cost a lot, then add some more because we're in the same division.

Grabo + 1st for Krejci would probably be fair value, if we wanted him. I personally would take out the first and try to add a player + prospect/2nd.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
What's wrong with a guy like ROR?

If you have center depth, you can get by if you don't have a #1C.

Bergeron and Krejci are no #1C's but they're great players.
BErgeron was good enough at 20 that Boston felt they could move Thorton.

Back to back 70pt season before his injury.

Krejci hit 70pts in 08-09.

ROR got 55pts playing with Stastny on the top line getting #1 PP minutes.

Not too much better than Bozak.

Think Duchene who got as many points as a rookie as ROR got as a 21yr old.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Brody
$$

vCash: 560
I can't wait until ROR gets re-signed, so all these Toronto rumours and speculation will be gone. The guy is criminally overrated.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I can't wait until ROR gets re-signed, so all these Toronto rumours and speculation will be gone. The guy is criminally overrated.
He is coming back to North America to get treatment for a foot injury.

Now PK is signed ROR will **** and sign a 2 yr deal.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Enough with the ROR.

The way we are playing in the late parts of games that #1C will probably be MacKinnon...

Old
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
calcal798

Quote:
BErgeron was good enough at 20 that Boston felt they could move Thorton.

Back to back 70pt season before his injury.

Krejci hit 70pts in 08-09.

ROR got 55pts playing with Stastny on the top line getting #1 PP minutes.

Not too much better than Bozak.

Think Duchene who got as many points as a rookie as ROR got as a 21yr old.
O'Rielly also got more points then Mike Richards got last year for LA, and he also got more then Mike did as a 20 and 21 yearold when he was 20.

O'Rielly wouldn't bring the same physical aspect as Richards, and sure he wont hit 80 points (but if he centers Kessel he may). But he would give us a center that is a decent play maker and great defensively. Something that we all want playing with Kessel.

I dont know why people wouldn't want him on our team? Him and Grabo would give us two strong centers that are very defensively responible.

Also add that we still don't know what Kadri will turn into, and we could be looking a lot better up the middle.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
The way we are playing in the late parts of games that #1C will probably be MacKinnon...
I'm with ya there.

To ensure we get there, I would be trading several bodies out for as many 1st round picks we can get.

But then we'll have to listen to the "I'm not gonna wait another 3years of losing. Get met the playoffs now." crowd.

I would love to make the playoffs. BUt I think a top 3 pick in this draft is a necessity for our future.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
O'Rielly also got more points then Mike Richards got last year for LA, and he also got more then Mike did as a 20 and 21 yearold when he was 20.

O'Rielly wouldn't bring the same physical aspect as Richards, and sure maybe he wont hit 80 points (but if he centers Kessel he may). But he would give us a center that is a decent play maker and great defensively. Something that we all want playing with Kessel.

I dont know why people wouldn't want him on our team? Him and Grabo would give us two strong centers that are very defensively responible.

Also add that we still don't know what Kadri will turn into, and we could be looking a lot better up the middle.
The problem is that it sounds exactly like what we have already in bozak.

If we are going to trade for a center, it needs to be a stud prospect or an already good #1 center. I think kadri can become that player, and I dont want to hamper him by getting someone who will just occupy a space.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:00 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

If we are going to trade for a center, it needs to be a stud prospect or an already good #1 center. I think kadri can become that player, and I dont want to hamper him by getting someone who will just occupy a space.
O'Rielly is five years younger then Bozak and already better then him. I don't see how he is exactly what we have in Bozak.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
O'Rielly is five years younger then Bozak and already better then him. I don't see how he is exactly what we have in Bozak.
A 2nd line centerman that would be playing 3rd line on a cup winning team, good on the faceoff, decent offensively, great defensively, not overly physical.

Age is irrelevant, you are basically asking us to take another bozak. He may have some upside, but he doesnt look like a #1.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
calcal798

Quote:
A 2nd line centerman that would be playing 3rd line on a cup winning team, good on the faceoff, decent offensively, great defensively, not overly physical.

Age is irrelevant, you are basically asking us to take another bozak. He may have some upside, but he doesnt look like a #1.
Yea sure right now he would be playing as a 3rd line centerman on a cup winning team. But age is relevant, it allows you to learn, and grow from your experiences, develope further, among other things. Apart from the Stamkos, Tavares, Crosby, or Malkin's of the world, other talented centers progress towards becoming a #1 center as they do grow and learn with their age.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:

O'Rielly wouldn't bring the same physical aspect as Richards, and sure maybe he wont hit 80 points (but if he centers Kessel he may). But he would give us a center that is a decent play maker and great defensively. Something that we all want playing with Kessel.

No one on LAK was scoring last year. Lowest GF in the league I believe. And Richards isn't the #1 on that team is he?
Richards scored 75pts in his 3rd yr.

ROR is not the answer.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
ROR last year:

50 blocks
34 giveaways
101 takeaways

50%+ in faceoffs.

55 points as a 21 year old.

This guy is the perfect center for Kessel. We don't really need a #1C for Kessel, just need a guy that is good defensively.

If ROR plays with Kessel, he can easily get 70 points. Kessel is much better than Stastny at this point.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:15 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:

YEs.

Quote:

YEs.

Quote:
Yea sure right now he would be playing as a 3rd line centerman on a cup winning team. But age is relevant, it allows you to learn, and grow from your experiences, develope further, among other things. Apart from the Stamkos, Tavares, Crosby, or Malkin's of the world, other talented centers progress towards becoming a #1 center as they do grow and learn with their age.
Like who?

Who was not looked at as being a #1C within 2 years of being in the league that went on to become a great #1C?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
calcal798

Quote:
ROR last year:

50 blocks
34 giveaways
101 takeaways

50%+ in faceoffs.

This guy is the perfect center for Kessel. We don't really need a #1C for Kessel, just need a guy that is good defensively.

If ROR plays with Kessel, he can easily get 70 points. Kessel is much better than Stastny at this point.
Yep, and he would bury a lot more of the chances Kessel feeds him then Bozak currently does.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:25 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
ROR last year:

50 blocks
34 giveaways
101 takeaways

50%+ in faceoffs.

WHY in all gods mercy would you want the Center of the #1 line on you team to be the worst player on the line?

It didn't work for Vancouver when they had Naslund and Bertuzzi, and as a pair they are way better than Kessel and Lupul.

IT didn't work in ANH with SElanne and Kariya. And they both hit 100+pts.

So why the heck do you think bringing in a mediocre centerman to play on the top line would work here?

It makes no sense.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

ROR would be an ideal #2 C

Closed Thread