HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2013, 05:24 PM
  #551
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I dont think any teams have been exactly kicking down the door for those two.

I know Detroit had inquires about Franson, but the "luxury" of the Leafs having the ability to rotate defenders through the schedule has sort of been a focal point for Carlyle.

Gardiner isn't 100%, Komisarek has experienced issues and we'll see more injuries occur through this tough schedule.

With that said, other teams will want to acquire depth for that very reason and once we start seeing the real contenders, the Leafs will start to see more serious offers.

I'd say around the 15 game mark, teams will determine their potential direction and decide what ring to throw their hats in.
what kind of value do you perceive liles to have?

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:25 PM
  #552
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Would Nonis be able to pick a direction to send the team in, or will he just stand pat if we're a .500 team at the deadline?

I'd like to see some consistency in that regard, because as of now, no one knows where this team is headed, and we didn't know after last years deadline. Are we seeing what we have and trying to find the pieces that fit? Because one thing Burke did, that I never liked, was the recycling of players. Bring someone in, they don't fit with the "core" then they're out.

Essentially, what I'm asking, is Nonis willing to restart if it comes down to it, or is there too much pressure to try and compete?
The slate is "clean" for Nonis in the sense that Rogers/Bell arn't exactly expecting immediate results.

He's got some nice pieces that Burke has brought in to give him a healthy head start, and many of these pieces are Nonis players in the first place.

With that said, I think we'll see a clear direction with the Leafs if there is a clear indication that this team isn't nearly as ready as Burke insisted, and Nonis has already admitted that sentiment.

If we do see steady progression with our player development and see some of our players finally start taking strides forward, Nonis may decide to stand his ground if this team remains at the .500 level.

If think if we falter, and we're clearly not quite there, we will see players like Franson, Macarthur and Liles all be realistic targets to be moved at the deadline. Other dark horses to be moved are Grabovksi and Gunnarsson IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
what kind of value do you perceive liles to have?
A Liles return will soley relfect on gameplay and health.

He'll certainly get a later 1st round pick or similar prospect if we see skate well and make smart decisions with the puck, all while playing on the PP.

But if he's not afforded that opportunity in Toronto to showcase that capability, we'll see teams reluctant to part with such an asset for a question mark like JML.

ChuckWoods is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:28 PM
  #553
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
The slate is "clean" for Nonis in the sense that Rogers/Bell arn't exactly expecting immediate results.

He's got some nice pieces that Burke has brought in to give him a healthy head start, and many of these pieces are Nonis players in the first place.

With that said, I think we'll see a clear direction with the Leafs if there is a clear indication that this team isn't nearly as ready as Burke insisted, and Nonis has already admitted that sentiment.

If we do see steady progression with our player development and see some of our players finally start taking strides forward, Nonis may decide to stand his ground if this team remains at the .500 level.

If think if we falter, and we're clearly not quite there, we will see players like Franson, Macarthur and Liles all be realistic targets to be moved at the deadline. Other dark horses to be moved are Grabovksi and Gunnarsson IMO.



A Liles return will soley relfect on gameplay and health.

He'll certainly get a later 1st round pick or similar prospect if we see skate well and make smart decisions with the puck, all while playing on the PP.

But if he's not afforded that opportunity in Toronto to showcase that capability, we'll see teams reluctant to part with such an asset for a question mark like JML.
We did hear rumblings when he took over that there could be a surprising personnel shake up. Thanks for the insight.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
  #554
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
The slate is "clean" for Nonis in the sense that Rogers/Bell arn't exactly expecting immediate results.

He's got some nice pieces that Burke has brought in to give him a healthy head start, and many of these pieces are Nonis players in the first place.

With that said, I think we'll see a clear direction with the Leafs if there is a clear indication that this team isn't nearly as ready as Burke insisted, and Nonis has already admitted that sentiment.

If we do see steady progression with our player development and see some of our players finally start taking strides forward, Nonis may decide to stand his ground if this team remains at the .500 level.

If think if we falter, and we're clearly not quite there, we will see players like Franson, Macarthur and Liles all be realistic targets to be moved at the deadline. Other dark horses to be moved are Grabovksi and Gunnarsson IMO.
Is there a possibility Phaneuf is moved? I mean, I think he's a great player, but I don't like the role he's been given, would it be harder to take away the captaincy and give him a role more fitting to his style?(I don't think Phaneuf is capable of being "the guy" I think he would excel, beside someone who he can share responsibilities with) Or to trade him?

I can't imagine taking the C away from a player, but I also can't imagine Phaneuf being the Captain that takes this team far.

FishManSam is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:35 PM
  #555
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
I want Chuck as our GM.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:46 PM
  #556
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
In my opinion, these are guys that if play to there potential, "fit" on a team that wants to compete.

Lupul(A)-empty1-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-empty2
Kulemin-empty3-Frattin/Komarov
Brown-McClemment(A)-Orr

Phaneuf(A)-empty4
Gardiner-empty5
Gunnarson-Komisarek/Holzer

empty6
Reimer

empty1: Hopefully this coming draft

empty2: Small chance filled from within... Biggs, Ashton, Frattin, Leivo, Ross

empty3: Chance filled from within... Colborne, McKegg, Ryan, Creszinski

empty4: Small chance filled from within... Rielly, Gardiner (LONGSHOTS: Finn, Percy, Blacker)

empty5: Chance filled from within... Rielly, Finn, Percy, Blacker

empty6: Veteran until Reimer takes over?

We also have potential upgrades in the system(i.e Broll in, Brown out)(Devane in, Orr out), but a lot of this team is dependent on ifs' and so far many of those ifs' haven't gone in the Leafs favour. There are also many dman playing on their weakside in this scenario.

edit: The reason Bozak doesn't slide into the 3C hole, is that, as long as he's here, I don't think him and Kessel will ever be separated. Also the reason Grabo is gone, is it's either him or Kadri and this scenario likely won't be complete for another 3+ years, by that time Kadri should pass Grabo on the depth chart. Grabo could fit on line 3, but I think our team needs more size and intimidation and Grabo does not bring those attributes to the table.


Last edited by FishManSam: 01-29-2013 at 05:55 PM.
FishManSam is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:28 PM
  #557
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,967
vCash: 500
Fransons value when up tonight

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
  #558
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
What about something around Kessel for ROR + 1st +?

Colorado ain't pretty. Chances are that's a high first.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
  #559
Community
44 is Rielly good
 
Community's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
In my opinion, these are guys that if play to there potential, "fit" on a team that wants to compete.

Lupul(A)-empty1-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-empty2
Kulemin-empty3-Frattin/Komarov
Brown-McClemment(A)-Orr

Phaneuf(A)-empty4
Gardiner-empty5
Gunnarson-Komisarek/Holzer

empty6
Reimer

empty1: Hopefully this coming draft

empty2: Small chance filled from within... Biggs, Ashton, Frattin, Leivo, Ross

empty3: Chance filled from within... Colborne, McKegg, Ryan, Creszinski

empty4: Small chance filled from within... Rielly, Gardiner (LONGSHOTS: Finn, Percy, Blacker)

empty5: Chance filled from within... Rielly, Finn, Percy, Blacker

empty6: Veteran until Reimer takes over?

We also have potential upgrades in the system(i.e Broll in, Brown out)(Devane in, Orr out), but a lot of this team is dependent on ifs' and so far many of those ifs' haven't gone in the Leafs favour. There are also many dman playing on their weakside in this scenario.

edit: The reason Bozak doesn't slide into the 3C hole, is that, as long as he's here, I don't think him and Kessel will ever be separated. Also the reason Grabo is gone, is it's either him or Kadri and this scenario likely won't be complete for another 3+ years, by that time Kadri should pass Grabo on the depth chart. Grabo could fit on line 3, but I think our team needs more size and intimidation and Grabo does not bring those attributes to the table.
I agree with pretty much all of this, some thoughts I have are McClement MAY be able to take over #3C IMO. I want to see more of him and what he could be in a 3rd line spot (Shut-down line with Kulemin - McClement - Komarov/Frattin could be pretty good). Also good chance Rielly fits that first pairing spot, but I feel like Gunnarson could demand a decent pile of money (too much to keep him as a 3rd pairing Dman) but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'd really like him in that position.

As for that first position, really hoping for a top 5/6 pick (either a potential #1C or Seth Jones).

Community is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
  #560
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
What about something around Kessel for ROR + 1st +?

Colorado ain't pretty. Chances are that's a high first.
Done. I don't even need an extra +.

That pick will probably be top 10

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
  #561
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Rumor Alert‏@Rumor_Alert

#leafs contemplating over offer sheeting Ryan O'Reilly.. Their offer would be close to 4.5M per

Goulet17 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
  #562
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Rumor Alert‏@Rumor_Alert

#leafs contemplating over offer sheeting Ryan O'Reilly.. Their offer would be close to 4.5M per
Seems legit.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
  #563
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Seems legit.
Lmaoo

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:29 PM
  #564
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Rumor Alert‏@Rumor_Alert

#leafs contemplating over offer sheeting Ryan O'Reilly.. Their offer would be close to 4.5M per
Ya we're gonna give up another 1st round pick.


Why are people so ready to bend over for ROR?


Colorado gave Stastny 6M right away. So if they thought ROR was all that good why are they balking at giving him 5M?

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  #565
LaPlante94
Registered User
 
LaPlante94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Niagara Falls ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
According to my sources (me) Nonis and Murray are in talks. Possible Kessel for Perry trade. Agents getting involved cause they're trying to make it a sign and trade type of deal. Murray can't say no to the Leafs right? IfI were Nonis I'd make them throw in Smith Pelley as well

LaPlante94 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:37 PM
  #566
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
According to my sources (me) Nonis and Murray are in talks. Possible Kessel for Perry trade. Agents getting involved cause they're trying to make it a sign and trade type of deal. Murray can't say no to the Leafs right? IfI were Nonis I'd make them throw in Smith Pelley as well
Did u just make this up?

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
  #567
LaPlante94
Registered User
 
LaPlante94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Niagara Falls ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Did u just make this up?
Yes but I'm hoping it comes true. I did this once before and it actually happened. Seeing if I can go 2 for 2. But I think we all know by now Kessel is kinda on the block now that Burke isn't here.

LaPlante94 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:01 PM
  #568
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Done. I don't even need an extra +.

That pick will probably be top 10
Yeah I'd do it too.

ROR + Monahan up the middle? GOOBY PLS

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
  #569
In burke I trust*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hamilton
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Is it time for Kadri/Frattin

There is little doubt that Kadri and Frattin have been solid producers for the Leafs this season but one has to wonder howl one things will last for these two. I don't see Kadri as anything more than a skilled 3rd line center (alla Lars Eller) and Frattin's ceilling isn't any higher than that of a 4th line scrub with a bit of a shot. Don't you think trading them while their hot is a great idea considering that they both probably won't sustain this level of play. "Come get'm while their hot!"

thought?

In burke I trust* is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
  #570
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,463
vCash: 50
If you are able to see how terrible these players are, and what their ceilings are I really doubt it would escape the notice of NHL GMs.

Nizdizzle is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
  #571
sangreale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In burke I trust View Post
There is little doubt that Kadri and Frattin have been solid producers for the Leafs this season but one has to wonder howl one things will last for these two. I don't see Kadri as anything more than a skilled 3rd line center (alla Lars Eller) and Frattin's ceilling isn't any higher than that of a 4th line scrub with a bit of a shot. Don't you think trading them while their hot is a great idea considering that they both probably won't sustain this level of play. "Come get'm while their hot!"

thought?
You first!

sangreale is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:09 PM
  #572
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,166
vCash: 500
Lol no.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:10 PM
  #573
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
What about something around Kessel for ROR + 1st +?

Colorado ain't pretty. Chances are that's a high first.

Done.

leugangen is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
  #574
Christ
Registered User
 
Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Ya we're gonna give up another 1st round pick.


Why are people so ready to bend over for ROR?


Colorado gave Stastny 6M right away. So if they thought ROR was all that good why are they balking at giving him 5M?
Maybe they realized giving Statsny 6M was not exactly the brightest thing to do and don't want to repeat a past mistake?

Christ is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
  #575
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 500
i just noticed David Clarkson is a pending UFA. Please god Nonis sign him. Exactly the type of player we need

bobbyflex is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.