HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aves @ Sharkes 2 PM MST || In theory, we can win this. In theory.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  #851
Avsboy
#TheStructure
 
Avsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
If you are going to put Olver on the top line, you might as well call up Sgarbossa instead. I like Olver but he should never, in any situation, play on the top 2 lines. He is a hustle player, that can be annoying, kind of like a Dan Hinote.

How about:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Sgarbossa

(We need a bit more offensive firepower in the top 6 and Sgarbossa is an offensive player that could help.)

Jones-Mitchell-Hejduk (not a bad 3rd line)
McCleod-Olver-Kobasew

I'm not big on Borderleau, he is kind of like Koci and could be used instead of Kobasew on nights we thought we needed an enforcer.
I think you're undervaluing Olver; based on what I've seen he is a third line player who looks good around the net. I think EVERYONE is undervaluing Hejduk. He is playing with poor quality linemates. I definitely think Landeskog-Stastny-Hejduk has potential. But Sgarbossa isn't NHL ready at this point and McGinn is under-performing severely right now, so the former shouldn't be called up and the latter needs time to find his game on the third line with Jones.

I'm not sure what to do, frankly... but there needs to be a change... there absolutely needs to be a change with the way the second line is playing.

Avsboy is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:49 PM
  #852
Freudian
Clearly deranged
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 38,050
vCash: 50
Landeskog: “I haven't seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit. No elbow, but it was hard, I'll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn’t brace myself enough and he stepped up. That's the way with hockey, you give some and you take some, and tonight I took a pretty big one.”

Freudian is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:54 PM
  #853
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,302
vCash: 50
I didn't see the game and glad I didn't, but let me know if this sounds like it,

- PP still sucks.
- PK didn't preform.
- We made Griess look like Price?
- nobody showed up offensively?

Oh and we need ROR desperately.

Also Sacco was pissed off at the refs in the post game, I wonder if he will be fined for those comments.


Last edited by S E P H: 01-26-2013 at 11:06 PM.
S E P H is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:08 PM
  #854
BrickAHL
Sasha Banks GOAT
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,198
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I didn't see the game and glad I didn't, but let me know if this sounds like it,

- PP still sucks.
- PK didn't preform.
- We made Griess look like Price?
- nobody showed up offensively?

Oh and we need ROR desperately.

Also Sacco was pissed off at the refs in the post game, I wonder if he will be fined for those comments.
All that is correct except the bolded. Griess looked like an average goaltender, it was a very easy shutout for him that any NHL goalie could have gotten.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:12 PM
  #855
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,302
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
All that is correct except the bolded. Griess looked like an average goaltender, it was a very easy shutout for him that any NHL goalie could have gotten.
Griess into Price basically means we made a average goaler look like a all-star or dd we have such a low shooting percentage, it was as easy as Halak's 13 save shutout a couple of night ago?

S E P H is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:18 PM
  #856
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,002
vCash: 50
Backups > Avalanche.

PAZ is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:40 PM
  #857
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
How about:
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Sgarbossa
Jones-Mitchell-Hejduk (not a bad 3rd line)
McCleod-Olver-Kobasew
I don't think Sgarbossa is NHL ready yet.

GamingGiant is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:53 PM
  #858
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
I don't think Sgarbossa is NHL ready yet.
No I agree, but we look very disjointed offensively especially the 2nd line. We have to get some production from them to be successful. Sgarbossa is probably ready for the NHL from an offensive standpoint, not quite defensively speaking or maybe from a physical standpoint. If we put Sgarbossa with some defensive responsible players like Stastny I think Sgarbossa would probably be fine and be able to adjust to the physical side of things.

If we continue to struggle to have consistency offensively and O'Reilly doesn't get signed Sgarbossa should get a call.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:56 PM
  #859
RockLobster
Moderator
Ron hates lying...
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,001
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I didn't see the game and glad I didn't, but let me know if this sounds like it,

- PP still sucks.
- PK didn't preform.
- We made Griess look like Price?
- nobody showed up offensively?

Oh and we need ROR desperately.

Also Sacco was pissed off at the refs in the post game, I wonder if he will be fined for those comments.
I'm curious, what were Sacco's comments?

RockLobster is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:03 AM
  #860
Avsboy
#TheStructure
 
Avsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,626
vCash: 500
If Sacco thinks the refs lost the game for him, he better take a deep look inside himself and the team. Nosce te ipsum.

Avsboy is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:41 AM
  #861
avalanchuck
Registered User
 
avalanchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Sacco basically was upset at the no call on the Landeskog hit. I don't think he was upset about the calls on ROB. He was upset that the PK couldn't step up & kill the penalties.

avalanchuck is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:41 AM
  #862
madman
JackSkilleForecheck
 
madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Steamboat Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
we need last years not-fat Mcginn back ASAP

madman is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:46 AM
  #863
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Nice to see that the refs haven't changed.

Mant* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:56 AM
  #864
SlyAvs
smokin Joe
 
SlyAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Nice to see that the refs haven't changed.
They did change to the worst ¨ face shield penalty ¨

SlyAvs is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:58 AM
  #865
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinboo View Post
the guys head was down plain and simple. its his own fault, had it been up there would be no discussion.
You know it's a dirty hit when fans of the other team show up to defend it.

Mant* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
  #866
SlyAvs
smokin Joe
 
SlyAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Nice to see that the refs haven't changed.
they did change to the worst " face shield penalty "

SlyAvs is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 01:39 AM
  #867
IceRat
#BallsOutTheDoor
 
IceRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyAvs View Post
They did change to the worst ¨ face shield penalty ¨
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyAvs View Post
they did change to the worst " face shield penalty "
2 minute minor to SlyAvs for double posting
plus a 5 minute major for using a screen protector on his tablet

IceRat is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 01:44 AM
  #868
The Shermanator
cooler than kento
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 'Murica
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,029
vCash: 50
hey 46-2 ain't bad







EDIT 2-46**********

The Shermanator is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:13 AM
  #869
21
Peter The Great
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,219
vCash: 500
A couple of you guys criticizing Landeskog after this game is embarrassing after a huge hit like that.

Also read somebody after this hit questioning the draft pick even though Landeskog winning the Calder last season, embarrassing.

It was a stupid move of the coaches allowing him to play the rest of this game. Lando is a very young warrior but shouldn't have been allowed to play more this game.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is out next game.

The Sharks is perhaps the best team in hockey right now and a loss was a little bit expected, right?


Last edited by 21: 01-27-2013 at 02:33 AM.
21 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 03:31 AM
  #870
Joe Sakic
#1 ROR Fan
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
We are the most penalized team in the entire league...it's a miracle we aren't 0-4.

If we can get some games where we have more (or equal) power play chances then the opposition then we should be fine.

Joe Sakic is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:09 AM
  #871
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
We are the most penalized team in the entire league...it's a miracle we aren't 0-4.

If we can get some games where we have more (or equal) power play chances then the opposition then we should be fine.
We're also 29th in powerplay opportunities. The refs just put the whistles away when they see the other team do something, because it's not like every team we go up against plays a perfectly clean game. Hell, the Avs even get calls against them that they didn't even do... twice last season they got double minors for high sticking when it was the other team's own players high sticking each other.

Mant* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:38 AM
  #872
goalie2point0
Registered User
 
goalie2point0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Paris
Country: France
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Landeskog: “I haven't seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit. No elbow, but it was hard, I'll tell you that much...”
I can't see anything but the elbow on this one.

goalie2point0 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 AM
  #873
Appleanche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Some quotes from the thread now that I've had time to go through it all.

Here is THE actual issue. You guys are absolutely right that the Avs had no life at all after the hit and that we are terrible at 'overcoming things like this'.

The reason? Our coach is a GIANT WUSS.

He doesn't want to ruffle any feathers, so he bends over and takes it. He has a guy that is 6'6" and 230lbs on the bench that would love nothing better than to grab the first shark in sight and start pounding relentlessly but no, let's not retaliate, let's try to win the game.

At some point, you have to say **** the 2 points and take a stand and let Bordeleau just start wailing on someone's head, just to say...'HEY *******S, you want to take liberties on our guys?? Well, HERE'S THE ****ING CONSEQUENCES!!!"

And you know what? It doesn't matter if Bordeleau gets 5+2 and a game misconduct and a suspension and we lose the game by even more. It really just doesn't matter. What matters is THE STATEMENT, it HAS to be made and it has to have an impact.

Think I'm nuts? There is no way Crawford, Hartley or Quenneville wouldn't have done something close to what I'm suggesting. Hell, I saw Dean Chynoweth do it with Bordeleau earlier this year in the AHL after a cheap hit on Barrie AND it was the right move (albeit a little too late in the game for my taste). Lake Erie didn't win the game but they showed the Rockford Icehogs that if they're going to take cheap shots on our guys, that we're not just going to sit there and say "thank you sir, may I have another", there's going to be an angry monster coming for you and you better be ready to eat some chicklets.

Unfortunately, Sacco ALWAYS turns the other cheek, I don't know why, maybe he's afraid to get into a shouting match with the coach from the other team? The guys on our bench are always expecting such a response and the message between the period is probably 'let's keep our composure' or something stupid like that and it ends up deflating the entire team.

It's the same thing for bad penalties against our team. Sacco never says anything. We keep getting screwed over and over and over and apparently, he loves it so the refs keep giving it to him. There is a reason why we have the lowest amount of powerplays in the NHL.

Apparently, he wants our team to be hard to play against. Well that was about as easy a game + shutout I've ever seen from another team. Since you DIDN'T take a stand Sacco and you just let them run us over with no real consequence, what do you think the San Jose Sharks are going to do the next time they play us to get the win??

Absolute pathetic excuse for a coach.
Great post, entirely agree. I forgot if it was the Bruins or the Flyers during their toughest days but there was a quote that's like they may not always win but you're never getting out easy with them.

Basically Sacco and gang just sent a message that it's OK to take questionable hits on our young guys, especially the captain.

Why even have Borderleau if he's not going to be an enforcer? It's mind boggling..

If this was just about any other team in the NHL the Sharks would have had to answer, every team but the Avs..

Appleanche is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 AM
  #874
klozge
Avs
 
klozge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Espelkamp, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Some quotes from the thread now that I've had time to go through it all.

Here is THE actual issue. You guys are absolutely right that the Avs had no life at all after the hit and that we are terrible at 'overcoming things like this'.

The reason? Our coach is a GIANT WUSS.

He doesn't want to ruffle any feathers, so he bends over and takes it. He has a guy that is 6'6" and 230lbs on the bench that would love nothing better than to grab the first shark in sight and start pounding relentlessly but no, let's not retaliate, let's try to win the game.

At some point, you have to say **** the 2 points and take a stand and let Bordeleau just start wailing on someone's head, just to say...'HEY *******S, you want to take liberties on our guys?? Well, HERE'S THE ****ING CONSEQUENCES!!!"

And you know what? It doesn't matter if Bordeleau gets 5+2 and a game misconduct and a suspension and we lose the game by even more. It really just doesn't matter. What matters is THE STATEMENT, it HAS to be made and it has to have an impact.

Think I'm nuts? There is no way Crawford, Hartley or Quenneville wouldn't have done something close to what I'm suggesting. Hell, I saw Dean Chynoweth do it with Bordeleau earlier this year in the AHL after a cheap hit on Barrie AND it was the right move (albeit a little too late in the game for my taste). Lake Erie didn't win the game but they showed the Rockford Icehogs that if they're going to take cheap shots on our guys, that we're not just going to sit there and say "thank you sir, may I have another", there's going to be an angry monster coming for you and you better be ready to eat some chicklets.

Unfortunately, Sacco ALWAYS turns the other cheek, I don't know why, maybe he's afraid to get into a shouting match with the coach from the other team? The guys on our bench are always expecting such a response and the message between the period is probably 'let's keep our composure' or something stupid like that and it ends up deflating the entire team.

It's the same thing for bad penalties against our team. Sacco never says anything. We keep getting screwed over and over and over and apparently, he loves it so the refs keep giving it to him. There is a reason why we have the lowest amount of powerplays in the NHL.

Apparently, he wants our team to be hard to play against. Well that was about as easy a game + shutout I've ever seen from another team. Since you DIDN'T take a stand Sacco and you just let them run us over with no real consequence, what do you think the San Jose Sharks are going to do the next time they play us to get the win??

Absolute pathetic excuse for a coach.
Yes, Sir. I can't agree more.

klozge is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:53 AM
  #875
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,926
vCash: 500
....

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Will start hijacking your Twitline tomorrow. Oh, yeah, if you were wondering, Brad Stuart's hit on Gabriel Landeskog: no further action.

Leidi J is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.