HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has the between the puckdrop arena crap become out of control

Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Has the between the puckdrop arena crap become out of control

Maybe Im looking to complain about something aside from our cold start.

Has the between the puckdrop noise level become out of control? You cant talk think or get a cheer going between puck drops.

The games Bill murphy plays are imbicllic; the music (and i love music) is beyond loud each and every time theres a pause.

I cant tell you how many lets go panthers cheers are being drowned out.

Old man complaints or valid?

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Maybe Im looking to complain about something aside from our cold start.

Has the between the puckdrop noise level become out of control? You cant talk think or get a cheer going between puck drops.

The games Bill murphy plays are imbicllic; the music (and i love music) is beyond loud each and every time theres a pause.

I cant tell you how many lets go panthers cheers are being drowned out.

Old man complaints or valid?
You failed to mention that the new female in arena host screeches into the microphone with a voice that cuts you like a knife.

I'm with you. Gameday presentation has been as bad as the recent on ice play.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Geezers.

No, but seriously, BB&T does seem louder than all other arenas. I can imagine it being annoying at times.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
It doesn't how loud it is, the acoustics r so bad I never can understand a word anybody is ever saying. But.. It is loud.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I mentioned this to Murph on his facebook page...

This team could really learn a thing or two from the Miami Heat organization. From the GM down, both organizations are A+, but the big difference between the two is the fact that the Heat are one of the best run franchises in any sport. From fan interaction, to in game presentations and features, to the respect and loyalty they show their season ticket holders, etc. The Heat are a first class organization, and you feel that when you walk into the arena, but as a former decade long season seat holder with the Cats, who now watches them at 230 in the morning here in Greece, I've never felt that with the Panthers. I get the feeling of a minor league team with them.

The arena is beautiful, outside that severely outdated scoreboard, but Yormark, that ridiculous Club Red, and as much as I am a U fan, Jay Rokeach really need to go. That intro was horrible last night (opening night), and it seems to me that the quality of the product off the definitely does not match the quality on the ice. Just my .02

The Panthers situation seems real amatuerish to me (excluding Tallon and the team aspect). I cant really comment on much more than what I see now on the TV, but it seems like nothing has changed since I was there. I went to about 10 Heat games a season when I lived there, and even when the Heat were going through tough stretches. the difference between the two organizations was beyond night and day.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Geezers.

No, but seriously, BB&T does seem louder than all other arenas. I can imagine it being annoying at times.
Not just the volume, but the relentlessness of it.

It's a hockey game. Let it happen and let the fans enjoy it for what it is - no need to fill every bloody second with advertising/music/contests/etc.

It's as though the game day presentation were designed by teenagers with ADD who've had too much Red Bull.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

It's a hockey game. Let it happen and let the fans enjoy it for what it is - no need to fill every bloody second with advertising/music/contests/etc.

It's as though the game day presentation were designed by teenagers with ADD who've had too much Red Bull.
Couldn't agree more...

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
GernBlanston

Quote:

I haven't been to a game at BB&T, but this has been an issue of mine at sporting events in general, for years. For some reason, hockey seems to get the worst of this... but I'm a big baseball fan too, and I don't need a race between oversised tool costumes, contests, and trivia at 126 decibels between every damned inning. Shaddap. Let people enjoy the game and the atmosphere and maybe have a little chat with one another between periods... heck, between whistles!

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Rats96Yo

It's completely deafening and annoying in how bush it is. I wish they would ban any the cued up music and only allow the organist to play. He seems pretty lonely as they only use him a couple of times the whole game. And the anthem singer was pretty bad yesterday as well.

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

The same annoying nonsense goes on at the Nassau Coliseum as well. As soon as there is a stoppage of play loud, crappy music is blasted until the next puck drop. There is no time to stop and absorb the game. I saw this thread and had to post because I can relate to what the OP is saying.

Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I was surprised at how many contests there were and how annoying they are. Especially that spot the blue monkey garbage.

People are there for the hockey, not all the crap.

01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I was surprised at how many contests there were and how annoying they are. Especially that spot the blue monkey garbage.

People are there for the hockey, not all the crap.
Hello fellow facebooker

IMO, a big thing that makes it feel amatuerish is Rokeach. I think he is a terrible voice to have for intros and in-game announcements. I thought the guy before him was MUCH better, and even Murphy was better.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:32 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Hello fellow facebooker

IMO, a big thing that makes it feel amatuerish is Rokeach. I think he is a terrible voice to have for intros and in-game announcements. I thought the guy before him was MUCH better, and even Murphy was better.
Agreed. The voice quality just isn't there with him and neither is the hockey flow. They really need to work on getting someone else in there.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Hello fellow facebooker

Lol, 'ello

I have no idea who's whom anymore, just seemed worse this last visit. Especially that spot the guerrilla garbage.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:02 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
The same annoying nonsense goes on at the Nassau Coliseum as well. As soon as there is a stoppage of play loud, crappy music is blasted until the next puck drop. There is no time to stop and absorb the game. I saw this thread and had to post because I can relate to what the OP is saying.
We always welcome kind visitors, thx for visiting.

Since I practiced in east meadow, I've been many a time to your home (albeit wearing the enemy jersey ). It wasn't that way in the 80s &90s. I'm sorry to hear that it's infected up there too. MSG as well?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:13 AM
PSLguy

Quote:
You failed to mention that the new female in arena host screeches into the microphone with a voice that cuts you like a knife.

I'm with you. Gameday presentation has been as bad as the recent on ice play.
I could not agree more! My wife is planning on getting earplugs for the games.

What also gets me mad is how long it takes to stop the music once the puck is dropped. Seems like the puck is in play before the noise stops.

Definitely seems worse this year!

PSLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:31 AM
ShootIt

I didn't mind it. Neither did my GF seem to mind.

Maybe the 4 goals in the first period made me too happy to care what was going on.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:33 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

I went to two games last year. The first game was actually my first live hockey experience, so I didn't really notice/mind the music. The second game was game 1 vs the Devils, so... yeah, I didn't notice/mind the music. The in-between period stuff I'd agree is cheesy. Given the choice I usually prefer classy over cheese. At the same time, in a non-traditional market, I can understand why they do it.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:20 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I went to two games last year. The first game was actually my first live hockey experience, so I didn't really notice/mind the music. The second game was game 1 vs the Devils, so... yeah, I didn't notice/mind the music. The in-between period stuff I'd agree is cheesy. Given the choice I usually prefer classy over cheese. At the same time, in a non-traditional market, I can understand why they do it.
Good points. Yes if they tried this at MSG they'd blow the rafters off...traditional market distinction.

I talked to other sth's of all ages who agree its a notch up. So maybe to your point it's killing us regs but meant for the once a yr fan.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:22 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Went to my first game this year tonight. Pretty much everything you guys have been saying is true. The music was crazy loud at multiple points, and one time it was left on about 10 seconds into the play.

The whole Jay Ro experiment must come to an end. I know he was only hired because he's friends with the guy who hires, but it's enough already. His voice quality is awful, and he's never prepared. Every time he reads a name from the other team, it's like it's the first time he's ever seen it before. "Dan-yell Breer" was the golden one tonight. That's why you need a hockey guy announcing a hockey game. The cadences are all wrong. It's terrible. And still he's only the second worst voice there...

...What is with this girl they hired? You can't even understand her speak. She motors through everything and does not have a voice that should be listened to. My goodness.

Add all of this up, and it's something that wouldn't be acceptable at a high school hockey game.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:29 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Went to my first game this year tonight. Pretty much everything you guys have been saying is true. The music was crazy loud at multiple points, and one time it was left on about 10 seconds into the play.

The whole Jay Ro experiment must come to an end. I know he was only hired because he's friends with the guy who hires, but it's enough already. His voice quality is awful, and he's never prepared. Every time he reads a name from the other team, it's like it's the first time he's ever seen it before. "Dan-yell Breer" was the golden one tonight. That's why you need a hockey guy announcing a hockey game. The cadences are all wrong. It's terrible. And still he's only the second worst voice there...

...What is with this girl they hired? You can't even understand her speak. She motors through everything and does not have a voice that should be listened to. My goodness.

Add all of this up, and it's something that wouldn't be acceptable at a high school hockey game.
Glad I wasn't the only one that heard that, on a positive note at least he doesn't sound like someone just smashed his testicles with a hammer when he announces a FLORIDA LOTTERY POWER PLAY anymore.

My giant pet peeve with the in arena crap is lack of replays. The are so concerned with the in arena games they don't give you a replay of what happened. Whether it's a great save at the other end that you can't see from the shoot twice end or a penalty whatever. I didn't pay for my seats to watch some guy search for the techzilla gorilla I paid to watch hockey.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:39 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Glad I wasn't the only one that heard that, on a positive note at least he doesn't sound like someone just smashed his testicles with a hammer when he announces a FLORIDA LOTTERY POWER PLAY anymore.

My giant pet peeve with the in arena crap is lack of replays. The are so concerned with the in arena games they don't give you a replay of what happened. Whether it's a great save at the other end that you can't see from the shoot twice end or a penalty whatever. I didn't pay for my seats to watch some guy search for the techzilla gorilla I paid to watch hockey.
You can dig up threads from several seasons ago and read me venting about this. Drives... me... nuts....

It briefly improved for a time, but now is reverting to old form.

Why is it so hard for them to understand that I GO TO A HOCKEY GAME.... TO WATCH HOCKEY.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Im curious, has anyone ever brought these things up with the team? I know they have the town hall meetings, so I would think that is a perfect opportunity to bring these things up. I really think they are trying to cater more to the casual fans, trying to find ways to entertain them and give those that might be visiting for the first time, a good time.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:16 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
You can dig up threads from several seasons ago and read me venting about this. Drives... me... nuts....

It briefly improved for a time, but now is reverting to old form.

Why is it so hard for them to understand that I GO TO A HOCKEY GAME.... TO WATCH HOCKEY.
What really drives me nuts is when they start to show the replay and then cut away before you can see the play. IT ABSOULUTELY DRIVES ME NUTS.

I have brought the replay thing up to my rep multiple times. Also whenever they send a survey of how the game presentation could be better. But they just don't get it they'd rather have a circus then a hockey game. I am not renewing this year. I'll do the stub hub if I want to go to a game.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:39 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Im curious, has anyone ever brought these things up with the team? I know they have the town hall meetings, so I would think that is a perfect opportunity to bring these things up. I really think they are trying to cater more to the casual fans, trying to find ways to entertain them and give those that might be visiting for the first time, a good time.
We've done this. Actually talked to Yorkman during AND after one of them.

The next game (to their credit) they showed some more replays, but then they slid back to old habits from there.

I've given up.