Notices

Game 4: Nashville Predators @ Anaheim Ducks | 7:30 PM PST

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 12:35 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

vCash: 500
I didn't think Cogs was useless. He was more quiet after being swapped, but his PK'ing etc was pretty good.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Oh, and how many different times did Hornqvist get owned in this game? Sbisa did it twice on one shift. Hugely satisfying.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Jesus Teemu

I agree with what Paul said earlier. The Winnik goal was a great play but it wasn't off of a nice cycling shift between the 3. I hope Palmieri returns to that line. There was nothing wrong at all with it.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:37 AM
AngelDuck

Winnik and Cogliano don't have to be scoring to be effective. They both are good on the PK (Need to be used more in this area IMO), are fast, and can help control the puck in the offenseive zone, espcially Winnik.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:42 AM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Really liked tonights game in the 3rd period. We showed a lot of fight.

Winnik sluggish in the 1st and 2nd (namely didn't clear 100% controlled pucks on the PK).

Bobby became un-invisible.

Teemu looked a bit off at times (this isn't a complaint).

Lot's of lost puck battles.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:51 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Too bad it's stupid.
I'm sure they said that when they came up with the Halo light up idea.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Oh, and how many different times did Hornqvist get owned in this game? Sbisa did it twice on one shift. Hugely satisfying.
I took my less than hockey educated buddy to the game and he asks, "hey, why do the Ducks keep picking on #27?".

Gutsy win. Fasth's post game interview was awesomel.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Nvm, read that wrong

Old
01-27-2013, 01:02 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

it is dumb, they should have ripped off TDKR and made a duck logo out of fire in the sky

Old
01-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Jesus Teemu

Both the Lubo hat-trick interview this Fasth interview were great

Old
01-27-2013, 01:04 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Does everything have to be feast or famine, guys?
Useless may be a harsh word, since he always does his job on the PK, but I honestly thought the intensity dropped from his game after Boudreau made the switch. He also missed the coverage on his guy on that 2nd Preds goal. What hurts a player like Cogliano is that he doesn't own a great defensive instincts. He does his best work when he has gritty and great defensive forwards like Koivu and Winnik supporting him. It's just not a good fit for him to play on a line with Bonino and Palmieri.

It looked like Ryan and Perry found their game after the 2nd period, but Selanne continued to be ineffective and that's 3 in a row I thought he hasn't looked good at all. I'll give him some time, but he needs to get it going.

Fowler was good and Sbisa played much better as well. I also love the play of healthy Toni Lydman. Allen rebounded nicely after the 1st, but Beauch is still struggling a bit I think. He seems to be just a little bit late to every play. It's nice to see though that his game hasn't gone completely down the crapper after his injury, and I expect him to only get better.

Koivu was the best Duck tonight. Great debut from Fasth, and I especially loved a few of those stretch passes when they were on PP. Hiller never does that.

Overall a solid win and I hope we see even more effort against the Sharks. That team is dangerous.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

I didn't get to watch the game but I saw that Bobby had a goal. Did he finally step and get rewarded or still played like crap despite the goal?

Old
01-27-2013, 01:22 AM
DaDucks

Ohhh bobby opened up his cheeks and dropped a duece all over his haters...

Old
01-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Jesus Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
I didn't get to watch the game but I saw that Bobby had a goal. Did he finally step and get rewarded or still played like crap despite the goal?
He made some nice defensive plays. It was just an all around better performance from him tonight than the prior games.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:32 AM
OCSportsfan

Just came back from the game and here are my impressions

Sbisa played his best game and I think you will see that pairing the rest of the time. If you remember he played with Lydman last year when Vis was hurt. He needs a defensive partner so he can skate more with the puck

Winnick on the top line works as well as Palmieri, but may be better for the team due to the other changes. Time will tell and I am sure they can swap again at some point if need be. All I could think about was finally we have someone since Penner.

Ryan played a great defensive game (yes defensive) and really improved with Koivu. I have a feeling with Winnick on the top line, Koivu will stay with Ryan and Teemu.

Bonino played a solid game and should have scored. I just wish he pressed the pace a bit more. That line will be interesting to watch. I kind of like their speed and energy with Boninos defensive responsibility.

Rackell is a very solid player. I think he is good enough to stay up now, but not as good as any other center that played. Send him down so he can learn for one more year and he may develop into a 2C.

Souray and Allen are two of the worst passers(edit: puck handlers) I have seen for that much money. I hope Beauch and Souray can develop chemistry, or that third line is going to be a liability in our zone.

Fasth was great, but is not as good as Hiller.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:33 AM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
He made some nice defensive plays. It was just an all around better performance from him tonight than the prior games.
Well thats good to read. The Ducks are gonna need him to keep it up. Don't know how long Winnik can be expected to keep producing like he has.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I'm sure they said that when they came up with the Halo light up idea.
But that's actually kind of cool because halo's are supposed to be shiny or what not. This "lamp" is just the rings around the inside of the Pond... what's the point of lighting that for away games? So the janitor can see it? (or am I missing something?)

Old
01-27-2013, 02:32 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
But that's actually kind of cool because halo's are supposed to be shiny or what not. This "lamp" is just the rings around the inside of the Pond... what's the point of lighting that for away games? So the janitor can see it? (or am I missing something?)
They lit the "lamp" on the marquee sign that sits next to the 57 freeway. I'm assuming it's lit up on top somehow. That way you can see it when you drive by like you do the halo on the big A.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
They lit the "lamp" on the marquee sign that sits next to the 57 freeway. I'm assuming it's lit up on top somehow. That way you can see it when you drive by like you do the halo on the big A.
Oh, got it. Hopefully that "lamp" resembles the rink lamp, that would be cool.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:49 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
hiller usually plays well against the sharks. i'd love to see a dominant game from him. I donno how I feel about these new lines tbh. that 1st and 3rd line have definitely gotten worse imo. sure our new first scored but in terms of offensive pressure they weren't as good and obvs the 3rd got worse.
im curious to see what we'll see next game.
I also think rakell shuold be sent down for the rest of the season. I think hes proved he can play as a 4C if need be but right now we have Holland who can do that as well so let Rakell develop more. Im glad DSP was scratched. staubitz wasn't great but he filled his role of crashing bodies when he was out there

Old
01-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Finnpin

-Fasth , I was worried before of his NA rink potential but not anymore...he belongs to NHL...I'm now a fan even though he is a Swede

-Line juggling...liked it too...better to try have 2 working top lines than only one working 3rd line

-Lots of bad passes and pass receiving..bad ice maybe too?

-Ducks defense...lacks puck moving skill...Hampus/or Sami IMHO needed

-Allen shouldn't shoot at all...always misses the net...and Souray is so slow on skates and on shot release.

-Koivu and Winnik the MVPs of the start of the season so far.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:10 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ohhh bobby opened up his cheeks and dropped a duece all over his haters...
What? He was still utter rubbish for 2 periods.

He has had 1 good period out of 12. That's hardly turning things around quite yet.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:03 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What? He was still utter rubbish for 2 periods.

He has had 1 good period out of 12. That's hardly turning things around quite yet.
eh i wouldn't say rubbish, i thought bobby got better as the game went on, and the line was good w/saku

Old
01-27-2013, 04:04 AM
Peter The Great

Good debute for Fasth, nobody in Sweden should be surprised though because we knew.

Having played both for the national team and for AIK with the toughest/worst fans in Sweden (nicknamed 'Black Army') he is used delivering under preassure, that's for sure.

Another goalie who could handle the preassure in AIK was Tim Thomas.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:41 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
eh i wouldn't say rubbish, i thought bobby got better as the game went on, and the line was good w/saku
Sure he got better as the game went on, from rubbish in the first 2, to good in the 3rd

Literally the only thing I remember from Ryan in the first 2 periods is his tipped goal, and missing wide with a shot in the 1st

Closed Thread