HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Rosival knee

Old
01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Rosival knee

Hurt it during the Dallas game, will miss "some time"

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:14 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Well, that explains why he hasn't been playing.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Illinihockey

Here is the twitter report

Tim Sassone ‏@TimSassone

#Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival will miss some time with a knee injury suffered at Dallas, the Daily Herald has learned

Old
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
coldsteelonice84

He's fragile, this was expected, just get him close to 100% when he does play because he's very good.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

He better heal up soon because I don't know how much more of Brookbank I can take.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Sevanston

Explains why Brookbank has been in so much.

I really wonder if a tryout might open up for Stanton.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Explains why Brookbank has been in so much.
Yeah, I've been *****ing about that switch since it happened, guess I should have considered the possibility Rozsi was hurt.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:33 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Knee? Surprised they're just not going with the nebulous lower body injury.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Knee? Surprised they're just not going with the nebulous lower body injury.
Well, Brown went knee to knee on him in the playoffs last year and I assume it is the same one. IIRC, it was his left knee that took the hit. It looked a lot worse than it really was, at least I hope that continues to be the case...

Old
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

sucks, we are now down to 6. Stanton would be the 1st call up?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:01 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Hopefully this injury heals quickly and won't cause anymore problems in the future. He's much better than Brookbank and a good tool for the playoffs.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

anyword on when Montador will start skating again?

if this team gets him back at some point, and healthy, what a solid bottom pairing we would have.

I understand that Clendening plays a different role then Rosival, but with the way he has played I wouldnt mind seeing him up with this squad. You really cant have enough puck movers, and as long as he is paired with a vet with some defensive responsibility, he could do very well..

If not Clendening then I would imagine Dylan Olsen getting the call over Stanton. Olsen is the prized first round pick who has that size we need on our blueline...I understand the kid has some issues to work on, but I want to see what the kid can do this year...Stanton has similar size as well, but I think Olsen might get the edge in terms of raw ability...though Stanton is the safer of the 2 with his own zone play, its just my opinion.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Welp, this blows.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
anyword on when Montador will start skating again?

if this team gets him back at some point, and healthy, what a solid bottom pairing we would have.

I understand that Clendening plays a different role then Rosival, but with the way he has played I wouldnt mind seeing him up with this squad. You really cant have enough puck movers, and as long as he is paired with a vet with some defensive responsibility, he could do very well..

If not Clendening then I would imagine Dylan Olsen getting the call over Stanton. Olsen is the prized first round pick who has that size we need on our blueline...I understand the kid has some issues to work on, but I want to see what the kid can do this year...Stanton has similar size as well, but I think Olsen might get the edge in terms of raw ability...though Stanton is the safer of the 2 with his own zone play, its just my opinion.
I know you are high on the american guys, but Clenny doesn't make much sense. We need a D minded player.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I know you are high on the american guys, but Clenny doesn't make much sense. We need a D minded player.
stated that in the same sentence I mentioned his name. American or not, he is the best young dman we have at the AHL level, hasnt played poorly defensively, and isnt a negative player +/-...different role I get it, but if the kid is playing solid, moves the puck, and has a hammer of a shot..why the heck not?? if the Hawks feel he would only get 8-10 minutes a night, I am fine with them going with Stanton or Olson in that role if they feel Clendening's growth might stunt.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Stantons D looks better than Clennys. + Q seems to like what he saw in Stanton.

If Leddy would go down or Oduya, I agree with giving Clendening the look. Right now, we just need the most reliable D DMan out there

Last edited by Bubba88: 01-29-2013 at 05:43 AM. Reason: bad typo
Old
01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Stantons D looks better than Clennys. + Q seems to like what he saw in Stanton.

If Leddy would go down or Oduya, I agree with giving Clenndening the look. Right now, we just need the most reliable D DMan out there
not arguing that Stanton is better on defense...but is he better overall? Clendening has played a few less games than Stanton, has more points and is even...hardly a liability away from the puck, but yes Stanton is better away from the puck....and though stats do get misleading at times, I have watched a ton of Rockford games, Clendening has improved a bunch since I saw him with the USNDP away from the puck. still needs work, but isnt going to kill you out there.

I just think you can never have enough solid offensive skilled dmen on a team...as long as they arent pylons on the ice which Clendening isnt, you can really create a nightmare for opposing teams as all 3 pairs would have a dman capable of skating or passing the puck out of our zone and towards the attack...

Old
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
giovi
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
not arguing that Stanton is better on defense...but is he better overall? Clendening has played a few less games than Stanton, has more points and is even...hardly a liability away from the puck, but yes Stanton is better away from the puck....and though stats do get misleading at times, I have watched a ton of Rockford games, Clendening has improved a bunch since I saw him with the USNDP away from the puck. still needs work, but isnt going to kill you out there.

I just think you can never have enough solid offensive skilled dmen on a team...as long as they arent pylons on the ice which Clendening isnt, you can really create a nightmare for opposing teams as all 3 pairs would have a dman capable of skating or passing the puck out of our zone and towards the attack...
leddy and clendening as the 3rd pair? and youre trying to say that that somehow is a good, balanced 3rd pair?

giovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovi View Post
leddy and clendening as the 3rd pair? and youre trying to say that that somehow is a good, balanced 3rd pair?
Right. If people hated Leddy last season, they'd HATE Clending this year. Leave him in Rockford and let him develop.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
TwistedWrister90

This blows, but fortunately the Hawks have great depth at D this year

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:59 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Would like to see Stanton next to Oduya.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:01 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Right. If people hated Leddy last season, they'd HATE Clending this year. Leave him in Rockford and let him develop.
would move Leddy up, obviously not a pair.

and its not like Leddy/Stanton is that great either...any option we have is likely going to invole 2 young guys together unless Brookbank fills that role.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
No doubt. Clendening needs quite a bit of seasoning before he sees the ice.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
No doubt. Clendening needs quite a bit of seasoning before he sees the ice.
the same could be said for Dylan Olsen last year but he played almost 30 games with his flaws. I understand we had no real depth at the position last year, but if the Hawks want to see what their kids can do, they arent afraid to bring them up and try and put them in positions to succeed.

again, I am sure it will be Stanton or Olsen that comes up, I just wouldnt mind seeing how Clendening can do...the same people dismissing him without even seeing him play for a single NHL game, are the same ones who laughed at Nick Leddy making the club 2 years back....that turned out pretty damn okay in my book.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:
the same could be said for Dylan Olsen last year but he played almost 30 games with his flaws. I understand we had no real depth at the position last year, but if the Hawks want to see what their kids can do, they arent afraid to bring them up and try and put them in positions to succeed.

again, I am sure it will be Stanton or Olsen that comes up, I just wouldnt mind seeing how Clendening can do...the same people dismissing him without even seeing him play for a single NHL game, are the same ones who laughed at Nick Leddy making the club 2 years back....that turned out pretty damn okay in my book.
He played 30 games pretty much because we had no other options. Hence the Oduya trade as well.

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote