HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) III

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
Subby Doo will be back in the Habs lineup by the Saturday game (2 Feb)...he has no leverage and the Habs arent trading him and arent going to budge....

Old
01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
We're screwed. Trade his rights for a 2nd.

Whoever offers first, wins!
I am glad you arent the GM......

Old
01-27-2013, 10:05 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Subby Doo will be back in the Habs lineup by the Saturday game (2 Feb)...he has no leverage and the Habs arent trading him and arent going to budge....
If he has no leverage then he would be playing right now. Players always have leverage assuming they're willing to sit out to get what they want.

Judging from his statement last week about not wanting to rob the bank but simply get "what he deserves" and to be paid equivalent to "his worth to the team" seems to indicate he isn't budging.

Does anyone really think Subban will wake up one day and completely reevaluate his worth and what he thinks he deserves?

If I were the Habs I would just pay him and be happy.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:07 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
If he has no leverage then he would be playing right now. Players always have leverage assuming they're willing to sit out to get what they want.

Judging from his statement last week about not wanting to rob the bank but simply get "what he deserves" and to be paid equivalent to "his worth to the team" seems to indicate he isn't budging.

Does anyone really think Subban will wake up one day and completely reevaluate his worth and what he thinks he deserves?

Its comical to hear people claim that Subban has leverage. If he had any leverage he'd be playing for another team already. Subban will either have to compromise (both Subban and MB) on his demands or bend. Those are really the only two outcomes. The Habs won't trade him and i don't see anyone with the balls to throw him an offersheet knowing the Habs will match.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Philly did an offersheet for Weber, probably the most likely candidate to do one for Subban.

They still need D.
They dont have the space to make an offer sheet

Old
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post

What about his most recent statement that he would take the weekend to think about the situation and meet with Bergevin on Monday?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:19 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
What about his most recent statement that he would take the weekend to think about the situation and meet with Bergevin on Monday?
Hmm, hadn't heard this. Definitely sounds a bit promising, hopefully leads to a deal.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:21 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Could also be meeting with agents and family to say "Just so you know, on Monday, I'm asking for a deal" to give the advance warning to get out of town before the media descends upon them. I'm not saying it is that, but to say just because he wanted to take a weekend to focus on things doesn't mean he's basically giving up.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:23 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Its comical to hear people claim that Subban has leverage. If he had any leverage he'd be playing for another team already. Subban will either have to compromise (both Subban and MB) on his demands or bend. Those are really the only two outcomes. The Habs won't trade him and i don't see anyone with the balls to throw him an offersheet knowing the Habs will match.
Ya, you're right. The last player to hold out was Kyle Turris, but thankfully for the Coyotes he had no leverage at all.

Look, I agree that if Subban wants to play this year he doesn't have much leverage, and both sides likely compromise and make a deal. All I'm saying is IF it turned into a Turris situation where he felt he's rather move on and is willing to miss the year to do it, his leverage goes up. Habs won't risk letting him sit that long IMO.

Judging by poster above, they'll meet soon and hopefully all of this is moot and he signs soon.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
They dont have the space to make an offer sheet
You are wrong. Way, way wrong.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Could also be meeting with agents and family to say "Just so you know, on Monday, I'm asking for a deal" to give the advance warning to get out of town before the media descends upon them. I'm not saying it is that, but to say just because he wanted to take a weekend to focus on things doesn't mean he's basically giving up.
OR, it could mean that he is taking the weekend to re-calibrate his expectations in the spirit of moving forward. With that said i don't think the Habs have drawn a line in the sand.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:31 PM
SmoggyTwinkles

What can an RFA do theoretically if he wanted to hold out?

I'm trying to figure out what PK's options are. Do they go to arbitration at some point? And if that were to happen would the contract from that be for the remainder of this season and he would be UFA after that?

Just wondering....

Old
01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyTwinkles View Post
What can an RFA do theoretically if he wanted to hold out?

I'm trying to figure out what PK's options are. Do they go to arbitration at some point? And if that were to happen would the contract from that be for the remainder of this season and he would be UFA after that?

Just wondering....
He's property of the Habs until he turns 27. The Habs qualified him so he has no options at this time (other than demanding a trade or signing an offersheet). He has no arbitration rights yet.

The only leverage PK Subban has is to sit out. Of course he doesn't collect a paycheck by doing that...

Old
01-27-2013, 10:42 PM
SDig14

I think if PK were to sign an offersheet now the Habs match because not a lot of teams have room for an offersheet big enough to make the Habs walk away.

But if he ever did sit out all season, there could be 29 teams submitting offers and they could start to get into the range that Montreal isn't remotely comfortable with.

The part I don't get is Bob Mack saying they're 2.5-3 million apart and that the Habs offered 5M over 2 years. Has management upped their offer since or do we know anything else?

Not to mention the fact they could be 3+ years apart on term as well.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
To the Flyers for Couturier makes too much sense honestly.
At this point, Subban is worth more than Couturier. Couturier hasn't become a go-to player on his team yet.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
PATCHESx67

Philly contacted the habs about PK....i know i know nobody's surprise but still figured i would share

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...188405451.html

Old
01-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
At this point, Subban is worth more than Couturier. Couturier hasn't become a go-to player on his team yet.
Thats a fair deal if the Habs decide to trade Subban

Old
01-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
You are wrong. Way, way wrong.
who gives a flying ****? you don't think the habs would match and just let him walk to a conference rival for a couple of picks? you think whoever philly wants they get?

Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Thats a fair deal if the Habs decide to trade Subban
no it's not. so what if couturier is so great defensively? it would take more than that to get Subban from the habs

Old
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
How often do you see 19 yr old rookies being delpoyed against game breakers like Malkin? I believe their is a deeper stat in their about the points he got when Couturier was on the ice. If a kid has the defensive acumen for the game at that age and puts up 27pts in his rookie year with 3rd line pluggers, you have something big.
No one is saying Couturier is a scrub to be honest it was a steal at a 7th round pick he should have gone top 3 but still habs need more Subban than Couturier right now we already have a problem at center with 4 guys for 3 spot why add another? Plekanec Desharnais or Eller would have to be moved and i doubt we would get an awesome return if we have to trade one in a hurry.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:46 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
No one is saying Couturier is a scrub to be honest it was a steal at a 7th round pick he should have gone top 3 but still habs need more Subban than Couturier right now we already have a problem at center with 4 guys for 3 spot why add another? Plekanec Desharnais or Eller would have to be moved and i doubt we would get an awesome return if we have to trade one in a hurry.
Couturier was picked 8th overall.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:15 AM
hitmen19

the oilers should trade hall for subban. win win for both teams.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Couturier was picked 8th overall.
I meant 7th overall but you're right it's 8th even more of a steal

Old
01-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Halpysback*

Subban to Boston

Makes too much sense. His brother in the system, Marchand his bff, and he's the type of D they need. Hamilton + Knight/Khokhlachev + (?) maybe?

Old
01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Makes too much sense.
Not as long as Subban is property of the Habs and the Bruins are the Bruins.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Closed Thread