HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hamilton vs Pietrangelo

View Poll Results: Hamilton vs Pietrangelo
Dougie Hamilton 7 5.88%
Alex Pietrangelo 112 94.12%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 04:29 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
with all you stated, he was also like a minus 6 or 7 vs the kings last year during the playoffs. You know when things got intense, he had a harder time out there.

He is on his way, but he still can improve.
A torn MCL will do that to you, especially when your partner plays the worst hockey of their lives.

You've proven you really haven't watched Pietrangelo or the Blues all that much, so just move on from things you don't know much about.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Fire Julien

Dougie will be in Ray Bourque territory pretty soon.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
A torn MCL will do that to you, especially when your partner plays the worst hockey of their lives.

You've proven you really haven't watched Pietrangelo or the Blues all that much, so just move on from things you don't know much about.
sure buddy. If you think he is the best d in the league today , than you keep thinking that. I'm sure you also think the blues are the best team in the league , when that can only happen if you can raise the cup or at least make your conference finals.

Things need to be proven first

Old
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Alklha

Quote:
you must be a blues fan no doubt.

If he was elite on both ends, he would score like Karlsson and be shutdown like Chara/Weber.

Not trading him for Crosby or Stamkos, is silly in alot of ways.
Pietrangelo is shut down, and he has done it without anything close to a first line calibre linemate.

Offensively he was the top defenseman in the West last season. Using Karlsson as the only comparison to "elite" is unfair but hey... since the start of 2012 he has 49 points in 56 games. Erik Karlsson has 49 in 53 games. I'm not saying he is as good offensively as Karlsson, but 50+ games isn't exactly a small sample size.

Quote:
with all you stated, he was also like a minus 6 or 7 vs the kings last year during the playoffs. You know when things got intense, he had a harder time out there.

-4 and playing pretty badly injured. But I'm sure you knew that.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:49 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Pietrangelo is shut down, and he has done it without anything close to a first line calibre linemate.

Offensively he was the top defenseman in the West last season. Using Karlsson as the only comparison to "elite" is unfair but hey... since the start of 2012 he has 49 points in 56 games. Erik Karlsson has 49 in 53 games. I'm not saying he is as good offensively as Karlsson, but 50+ games isn't exactly a small sample size.

-4 and playing pretty badly injured. But I'm sure you knew that.
Ok thats fine if he was playing injured. The whole blues team didn't play well period.

My point is, its a little early to consider him a ray bourque or nick lidstrom.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:53 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Ok thats fine if he was playing injured. The whole blues team didn't play well period.

Just like it's too early to compare Hamilton to Pietrangelo?

Old
01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

So, your taking the smallest sample size there is, during which is was playing on a knee that he had surgery on during the offseason, and extrapolating from there?

By the way, he DID play defense as good as Chara last year. (Apart from three games in the playoffs, two of which were on a bum knee.) Stylistically, they are different. But every measurable stat shows that Pietrangelo was comperable to Chara defensively last season.

As far as being as good as Karlsson offensively, you are confusing generational and great. When you factor the additional PP time, offensive zone time, the system differences, and the players they played with, Karlsson's lead over traditional defensemen like Weber, Chara, and Pietrangelo shrinks. It is still there, don't get me wrong.

If you measuring post for great is the best player in the league in that category, then where is Hamilton on that scale?

Old
01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Just like it's too early to compare Hamilton to Pietrangelo?
It is. But i never mentioned Hamilton to be as accomplished yet.

I'm only talking about differences and similarities. Potential etc.

Even though its been only 4 games for hamilton, comparisons are possible bc he is playing that great already.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

Nobody is doing that but you.

You claimed Pietrangelo is merely good.

You got corrected, rightly so.

You then resort to a small sample size while he was injured and the hold him up to some of the greatest defense to ever play the game in order to show his shortcomings.

Nobody is claiming Pietrangelo is a generational defenseman here. Merely that he has already played at the best level in the league currently.

Take off the homer glasses, realize nobody is trying to insult you, and understand that you are vastly underrating Pietrangelo if you only think he is good.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:00 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
It is. But i never mentioned Hamilton to be as accomplished yet.

I'm only talking about differences and similarities. Potential etc.

Even though its been only 4 games for hamilton, comparisons are possible bc he is playing that great already.
It's very similar to the Kassian thread, need to wait longer before making bold predictions. Pedigree only does so much

Old
01-26-2013, 05:01 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
So, your taking the smallest sample size there is, during which is was playing on a knee that he had surgery on during the offseason, and extrapolating from there?

By the way, he DID play defense as good as Chara last year. (Apart from three games in the playoffs, two of which were on a bum knee.) Stylistically, they are different. But every measurable stat shows that Pietrangelo was comperable to Chara defensively last season.

As far as being as good as Karlsson offensively, you are confusing generational and great. When you factor the additional PP time, offensive zone time, the system differences, and the players they played with, Karlsson's lead over traditional defensemen like Weber, Chara, and Pietrangelo shrinks. It is still there, don't get me wrong.

If you measuring post for great is the best player in the league in that category, then where is Hamilton on that scale?
Are Blues fans offended Hamilton can be spoken in the same sentence of Pietrangelo or something?? They have a similar game. Its like comparing Tarasenko to Bure.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Nobody is doing that but you.

You claimed Pietrangelo is merely good.

You got corrected, rightly so.

You then resort to a small sample size while he was injured and the hold him up to some of the greatest defense to ever play the game in order to show his shortcomings.

Nobody is claiming Pietrangelo is a generational defenseman here. Merely that he has already played at the best level in the league currently.

Take off the homer glasses, realize nobody is trying to insult you, and understand that you are vastly underrating Pietrangelo if you only think he is good.
you have to understand something my friend. Read my 1st post. I've mentioned Petro is a fine D. I would be ecstatic if hamilton accomplishes as much as he has in 3-4 years now in the nhl.

But another one of your blues fan, stated that , he is so good, you don't trade him for crosby or malkin. And thats why i was making my points.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Alklha

Quote:
you have to understand something my friend. Read my 1st post. I've mentioned Petro is a fine D. I would be ecstatic if hamilton accomplishes as much as he has in 3-4 years now in the nhl.

But another one of your blues fan, stated that , he is so good, you don't trade him for crosby or malkin. And thats why i was making my points.
Look at the guys avatar. He is quite clearly a Flyers fan

Old
01-26-2013, 05:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
sure buddy. If you think he is the best d in the league today , than you keep thinking that. I'm sure you also think the blues are the best team in the league , when that can only happen if you can raise the cup or at least make your conference finals.

Things need to be proven first
Quote:

Where has any of us said any of that?

Hamilton's 4 games are not as great as you think they are. Hamilton will be a great player IMO, but at this moment, no comparison is even possible.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

He isn't even a Blues fan...

Old
01-26-2013, 05:08 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
bingo

Boston fans should be overjoyed if Hamilton turns out as good as Pietroangelo
That would be awesome. Overjoyed might be an understatement on how I would feel about it.

Old
Wiems35*

Quote:

3 posts above yours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Dougie will be in Ray Bourque territory pretty soon.

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Are Blues fans offended Hamilton can be spoken in the same sentence of Pietrangelo or something?? They have a similar game. Its like comparing Tarasenko to Bure.
No, and that comparison would be just as ridiculous. Our issue is the things that you are saying about Pietrangelo specifically.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:17 PM
topcat986*

reading these boards is making me go nuts! Who would make a poll on this after Hamiltons played for games?

Old
01-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Pietrangelo is, and always will be, better than Hamilton

Old
01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
reading these boards is making me go nuts! Who would make a poll on this after Hamiltons played for games?
Not me. I created the thread and somebody added a poll

Old
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
This isn't a fair convo to have for Hamilton right now.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
sayheykid

Pietrangelo or a guy who may be as good as Pietrangelo at some point?

Whom to choose...

Old
01-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Mainehockey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Pietrangelo is, and always will be, better than Hamilton
How good was Pietrangelo at 19? -9 and couldn't stick with the Blues.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:12 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
How good was Pietrangelo at 19? -9 and couldn't stick with the Blues.
And at 18 he was even, proof that +/- doesn't mean that much, especially in a small sample size.

Closed Thread