HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Bryz already with one goal against
Reimer hasnt let one in YET....

Old
01-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Yes he would/could are you saying if Gillis had offered Luongo for Frattin and Kadri at the draft Burke wouldn't take it? He surely would have.
While i agree, rumour lately is TO declined Bozak,Kadri and a 2nd. Now i don't think Bozak or the 2nd are deal killers....so.....

Old
01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Plenty of time

Old
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Plenty of time
Has Luongo won a game yet??

Kidding!!

Old
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
While i agree, rumour lately is TO declined Bozak,Kadri and a 2nd. Now i don't think Bozak or the 2nd are deal killers....so.....
I thought it was Luongo vetoed Toronto that killed a deal?

Anyways, this is what I mean, trying to predict what teams are asking for/offering is a useless exercise for fans.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I thought it was Luongo vetoed Toronto that killed a deal?

Anyways, this is what I mean, trying to predict what teams are asking for/offering is a useless exercise for fans.
Originally i heard the same. But i have heard a couple of times lately that TO declined.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
And bingo

Old
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
And bingo
From the school of positive thinking:

At least we can't blow a 2-0 lead....

Old
01-29-2013, 07:54 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally i heard the same. But i have heard a couple of times lately that TO declined.
You also heard that Luongo to Toronto was a done deal upon signing of the CBA... so... believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear!

The asking price should be the same (high)... No reason for it to go down... Gardiner + 1st + roster player, IMO... Don't care if Toronto wants to pay that or not... Don't care if Toronto can pay that or not... Don't care if Toronto gets Luongo or not... No money, no meatballs...

As an aside, Dregger last night on TSN was pretty funny... Analyzing Gillis word-for-word ("as long as he would like", I think the quote was, he picked out), and suggesting that it might be difficult to keep Luongo happy, despite what he says... Despite what Luongo himself says (ignoring this)! Completely neglecting (failing to mention) the chance for playoff success, playing with friends in a city he likes, etc... Toronto media is selling you what you want to hear... That it's possible to get Luongo cheap... Once, it was even sold! Done deal! How many Toronto fan suckers were born that day?

To me, it seems that some Toronto fans feel entitled to get Luongo cheap... Get frustrated at Gillis (and Vancouver fans) for **** blocking this entitlement... Canuck fans should be asking through the roof proposals here from Toronto, IMHO... Because that is what it would actually take for Toronto to get Luongo... at this point of time... Looking forward to potentially reading fabricated Toronto media stories about how Gillis talked real badly about Luongo, to try and start pressuring Luongo to want out! Wouldn't surprise me given all the other B.S. coming out of Toronto... You Toronto fans would eat that up... clicks, advertising dollars, great for the Leafs (added benefit), recycle...

Last edited by I in the Eye: 01-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
You also heard that Luongo to Toronto was a done deal upon signing of the CBA... so... believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear!

The asking price should be the same (high)... No reason for it to go down... Gardiner + 1st + roster player, IMO... Don't care if Toronto wants to pay that or not... Don't care if Toronto can pay that or not... Don't care if Toronto gets Luongo or not... No money, no meatballs...

As an aside, Dregger last night on TSN was pretty funny... Analyzing Gillis word-for-word ("as long as he would like", I think the quote was, he picked out), and suggesting that it might be difficult to keep Luongo happy, despite what he says... Despite what Luongo himself says (ignoring this)! Completely neglecting (failing to mention) the chance for playoff success, playing with friends in a city he likes, etc... Toronto media is selling you what you want to hear... That it's possible to get Luongo cheap... Once, it was even sold! Done deal! How many Toronto fan suckers were born that day?
You are assuming i believe all media reports...i do not. As far as the "done deal"....it's about as true as Gillis' "mystery team" deal.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:07 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
You are assuming i believe all media reports...i do not. As far as the "done deal"....it's about as true as Gillis' "mystery team" deal.
Dreger mentioned the mystery team today too. Except instead of 1 player, he said the team had to move two players before they could make a deal. I'm really curious where that's coming from, and if it is indeed true.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Dreger mentioned the mystery team today too. Except instead of 1 player, he said the team had to move two players before they could make a deal. I'm really curious where that's coming from, and if it is indeed true.
Hadn't heard this. Interested to see when this gets done.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:11 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
No, I don't assume that... I assume that you believe one or two... IMHO, that's one or two too many...

Nothing we are hearing, IMHO, means anything at all... I think we can assume it is all garbage...

Once it's said and done, I think we can maybe go back and see what might have been true or not (but even then, it won't be black and white)... and who reported that. But as we're going through it, I think it's safe to assume that it is all ********, until proven otherwise... Even the concrete "predictions" on asking price and when the deal gets done... People can say anything... and the media (and specific reporters/columnists) have their own agendas...

Old
01-29-2013, 08:16 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well he didn't say you specifically but as a whole TSN and the Toronto media are going to slant any rumours/speculation to feed the Leaf's nation viewership what they want to hear so they keep coming back.

Not that some truth can't come out of there but you gotta take it with a grain of salt. I don't know about the Leafs organization but with the Canucks Gillis has always kept his hand well clear of the local media.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
rune74

2 goals on 12 shots so far for Reimer.

Old
I in the Eye

Quote:
I don't believe that... Dreger would love to be able to name the team and the players... He's reporting second hand information from uncredible sources, IMHO... He can't put his reputation on the line by being more specific... And yet, he's trying to say something specific to give a sense of the news being credible... These are guys that have no problem mentioning specific players... He would love to be able to name the specific players and specific team... But he can't... He doesn't know... and yet, who would tell him two players? Gillis? Unlikely... The specific team? Unlikely...

Old
StringerBell

Quote:
I doubt it's anytime soon. If 2 players have to be moved before a deal can be made then it's pretty safe to assume nothing is impending.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
I don't believe that... Dreger would love to be able to name the team and the players... He's reporting second hand information from uncredible sources, IMHO... He can't put his reputation on the line by being more specific... And yet, he's trying to say something specific to give a sense of the news being credible... These are guys that have no problem mentioning specific players... He would love to be able to name the specific players and specific team... But he can't... He doesn't know... and yet, who would tell him two players? Gillis? Unlikely... The specific team? Unlikely...
I don't think this is necessarily true. He could have a legitimate source who told him in confidence, and he knows naming the players/team would compromise future information from that source.

Either way I don't believe it. It'll be a cold day in hell before I believe any "info" broken by Dreger in regards to the Lu situation. I just enjoy following the narrative these guys are pushing.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Well, there's only one team I know that has to move two guys when injuries are cleared up over the next couple of weeks. That's Detroit. They had to move one, but after signing Huskins, they now will have two guys with no options that either have to clear or be traded.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:29 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
I don't think this is necessarily true. He could have a legitimate source who told him in confidence, and he knows naming the players/team would compromise future information from that source.

Either way I don't believe it. It'll be a cold day in hell before I believe any "info" broken by Dreger in regards to the Lu situation. I just enjoy following the narrative these guys are pushing.
I think it's great for what it is... I don't believe that a guy who generates so much press (Luongo) will end up unvaluable... It's not negative press about Luongo doing stupid things... It's positive press as where is this guy going? It's legit interest... I think the media focus is great... I just think it's all ********...

To me, if it was legit... It would come out somehow... There is no way, IMHO, TSN would let that info sit... At least, the team would be mentioned with two or three other teams in there... It's too valuable information to just keep under wraps, IMHO... If it's true, it builds major credibility for TSN... If it's not true, it builds major clicks and talk about TSN... We're doing it right now...

Old
01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
2 goals on 12 shots so far for Reimer.
And we are up 3-2.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
rune74

Quote:
And we are up 3-2.
Plenty of time left.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
And we are up 3-2.
This is great... The desired result is for the Leafs to be a great team, but have terrible goaltending that costs games... 1st round pick in the 12-14 range... Need for Luongo (to drive up price for others)...

If playing great all around, no need for Luongo... If playing terrible all around, no need for Luongo... Need the sweet spot for Toronto to be relevant in the Luongo equation... Let's both hope the sweet spot is reached by the end of the season!

Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
This is great... The desired result is for the Leafs to be a great team, but have terrible goaltending that costs games... 1st round pick in the 12-14 range... Need for Luongo (to drive up price for others)...

If playing great all around, no need for Luongo... If playing terrible all around, no need for Luongo... Need the sweet spot for Toronto to be relevant in the Luongo equation...
I've got bad news for ya....we are a terrible team with average goaltending.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
I've got bad news for ya....we are a terrible team with average goaltending.
Maybe Toronto should be getting rid of their average goaltenders then - if it's **** blocking Toronto getting high picks to make a difference going forward...

Maybe Toronto fans are in the wrong thread... Maybe Toronto fans should be in a We Need Worse Goaltenders thread?

Closed Thread