HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 01:42 AM
JerkChicken

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Assuming we don't work a deal where the Leafs keep a portion of salary. Dropping Higgins or Raymond is always an option in an absolute worst case scenario.
If he doesn't start doing something soon... dropping Higgins may be considered a best case scenario.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:43 AM
blankall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Only Schroeder and Tanev are due raises, which will be marginal at best. I'm sure Gilman can work it out by skimming a bit off a few of the other players we need to re-sign.

And if anyone get's injured, they can be placed on IR. We've had experience using it in the pass to bend cap limits. It's certainly not unfeasible.
Nope. RFAs who make less than a certain amount automatically get raises. Weise and Connoughton get them too.

Short term injuries will continue to count against the cap until they become LTIRs.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Nope. RFAs who make less than a certain amount automatically get raises. Weise and Connoughton get them too.

Short term injuries will continue to count against the cap until they become LTIRs.
Meh, if needed we can replace Higgins or Raymond(2 mil) with Volpatti(600k).

Not as sexy, but makes enough room for everyone else then, if absolutely neccessary.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:47 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Yeah, there's not enough space to make it fit without gutting all depth.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
I would like to reiterate that if that trade happened, I would burn Rogers Arena to the ground.

I would never consider giving up Schneider and two 1st rounders for Kessel.
Schneider isn't your best goalie, and based on where you probably expect the Canucks to finish in the standings this season and the next, do you know where Vancouver will be picking in the first round for the next two drafts? And those assets, collectively, are too rich for a 25 year-old who finished 6th in the league in points a year ago?

This truly is "hockey's future."

BTW, if Vigneault starts Cory on Friday and Schneider gives up 3 or more to the 'hawks, oh lord...

Old
01-31-2013, 01:55 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Mason Raymond ($2.000m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)
Chris Higgins ($2.000m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Dale Weise ($0.615m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($5.000m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Jim Vandermeer ($0.600m) /
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $64,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,037,500; BONUSES: $310,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $162,500
Don't think Raymond takes another paycut, Higgins is due for more than 100k raise, Lappy, Weise and Tanev both need raises, and we always run a 23 man roster not 22, so we need another dman. Even if we ditch Raymond or Higgins I still don't think it fits.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:56 AM
blankall

Quote:
Meh, if needed we can replace Higgins or Raymond(2 mil) with Volpatti(600k).

Not as sexy, but makes enough room for everyone else then, if absolutely neccessary.
Lappierre is playing well. He'll get a 500k raise minimum. You can fit Kessel in but not without having your entire bottom six and bottom pairing d-men making at or around the league minimum.

Several players who've not solidified themselves as NHLers have been penciled in for full time roles, including Lack.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Lappierre is playing well. He'll get a 500k raise minimum. You can fit Kessel in but not without having your entire bottom six and bottom pairing d-men making at or around the league minimum.

Several players who've not solidified themselves as NHLers have been penciled in for full time roles, including Lack.
Not exactly. But I do think Schroeder and Jensen should be given a good chance for full time roles. I would say for sure Higgins or Raymond are gone, but realistically we are not getting Kessel anyways lol so not need for all the fuss.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Don't think Raymond takes another paycut, Higgins is due for more than 100k raise, Lappy, Weise and Tanev both need raises, and we always run a 23 man roster not 22, so we need another dman. Even if we ditch Raymond or Higgins I still don't think it fits.
FORWARDS
Chris Higgins ($2.400m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.100m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)
Dale Weise ($0.700m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.750m) / Chris Tanev ($1.200m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,697,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $602,500

It is indeed feasible. And if we work a deal where Toronto holds some of Kessel's salary, then we have no worries.

Quote:

Evidently, you have missed the games prior to tonight. Laps has not played well. A raise is debatable to begin with, never mind 50%

And? Kassian was a question mark and look how that turned out. Jensen is our best prospect and Lack was heavily praised by Mac T as ready to make the leap. You do not know our roster, and especially not our prospects. So kindly do not make assumptions of them.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:10 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:

Kassian will be in his 3rd year in the NHL, Schroeder in his 2nd. Jensen and Lack will be rookies, but on the off chance they don't make the roster, we can sign comparable players.

Also, I'd forgotten about Corrado(599k for the next 3 years) who may have jumped the depth chart over Connauton.

Lapierre so far hasn't been playing that well, he had a good goal this game, but overall he's been slow and a bit disappointing.

Also, both Vandermeer and Connauton can play both wing and D, so it adds some more flexibility in the event of injuries.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
lush
@jasonlush

Looks like the Canucks may end up splitting goaltending duties based on whether the games are regular season or playoffs.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I don't see Gillis making that type of roster. He's always spent a decent amount on his bottom pairing and bottom 6 and he's also left a decent cushion for injuries. I don't see him spending 5m on a winger instead of doing all that.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
FORWARDS
Chris Higgins ($2.400m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.100m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)
Dale Weise ($0.700m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.750m) / Chris Tanev ($1.200m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,697,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $602,500

It is indeed feasible. And if we work a deal where Toronto holds some of Kessel's salary, then we have no worries.

Evidently, you have missed the games prior to tonight. Laps has not played well. A raise is debatable to begin with, never mind 50%

And? Kassian was a question mark and look how that turned out. Jensen is our best prospect and Lack was heavily praised by Mac T as ready to make the leap. You do not know our roster, and especially not our prospects. So kindly do not make assumptions of them.
You're still missing the 8th D though. When was the last time we've ever ran with 7 D? I'd be shocked if we ran with a 22 man roster next year with our 6/7 D being Vandermeer and K-Conn.

I'm also just not a fan of either bringing in Kessel or trading Schneider. I think both are terrible ideas for this franchise.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

I think I saw somebody have tanev in a trade proposal. Tanev is like a ghost, the guy plays yet nobody knows because he never makes a mistake.

Scary

Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I think I saw somebody have tanev in a trade proposal. Tanev is like a ghost, the guy plays yet nobody knows because he never makes a mistake.

Scary
He took a rare penalty tonight. It's scary how effective Tanev is. Even though he has no offensive game, his defensive reliability will be important in the playoffs.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:03 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Schneider isn't your best goalie, and based on where you probably expect the Canucks to finish in the standings this season and the next, do you know where Vancouver will be picking in the first round for the next two drafts? And those assets, collectively, are too rich for a 25 year-old who finished 6th in the league in points a year ago?

BTW, if Vigneault starts Cory on Friday and Schneider gives up 3 or more to the 'hawks, oh lord...
Schneider + 2 1sts is way to much for Kessel. I guarantee that Schneider will make more of an impact for Toronto then Kessel will for Vancouver. Realistically Kessel's cap hit is too high for Vancouver going forward, it would be difficult to sign him next year.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:47 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Schneider + 2 1sts is way to much for Kessel. I guarantee that Schneider will make more of an impact for Toronto then Kessel will for Vancouver. Realistically Kessel's cap hit is too high for Vancouver going forward, it would be difficult to sign him next year.
And I would say Kessel is too high a price to pay for a goalie who seems to be incapable of playing well behind what is supposed to be the premier team in the NHL. Either way, with Luongo stealing the show, Kessel would make a much bigger impact on Vancouver than Schneider.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:50 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
And I would say Kessel is too high a price to pay for a goalie who seems to be incapable of playing well behind what is supposed to be the premier team in the NHL. Either way, with Luongo stealing the show, Kessel would make a much bigger impact on Vancouver than Schneider.
If we're basing this on the season so far are we talking about the goal scorer without any goals?

Sample size man!

Old
01-31-2013, 03:57 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
If we're basing this on the season so far are we talking about the goal scorer without any goals?

Sample size man!
I'm not worried about Kessel. Are you guys worried about Schneider?

Old
01-31-2013, 03:58 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
Nope: He has a 0.935sv% in his last 3 games. How many goals does Kessel have in his last 3 games?

Old
01-31-2013, 04:01 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Schneider has gotten outplayed by luongo, but he ha still been solid.

We have two elite goalies.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
We've got 2 capable goalies & Schneider has been very good. Goaltending is the least of my worries when it comes to the Canucks. Thanks for asking though.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:42 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post

Well which is it?

Schnieder is the worse goalie when he's in a trade proposal to TO.

Then Luongo is the worse goalie when he's in a trade proposal to TO.

Everyone likes to undervalue whoever they are after.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:12 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
You're still missing the 8th D though. When was the last time we've ever ran with 7 D? I'd be shocked if we ran with a 22 man roster next year with our 6/7 D being Vandermeer and K-Conn.

I'm also just not a fan of either bringing in Kessel or trading Schneider. I think both are terrible ideas for this franchise.
Fair enough. I doubt any of this happens but I have to disagree regarding Kessel. One of the reasons I believe he would fit is due to us allowing him relative obscurity. He is not a media fan and in Vancouver would play fourth fiddle at absolute best. Unlike Toronto, expectations for him to carry the offense would be nowhere near as high.

Regardless, I remain uncertain dealing Luongo is the best course of action. We have plenty of talented goalie prospects and would garner a better return moving Schneider. Perhaps I am a bit biased but Luongo shouldered this team into a success. I would prefer his "awful contract" stay and retire with us.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
If I'm giving up that package for a player, it's someone that fits our needs and role on this team, and that's not Kessel.

Where do you play Kessel? Is he the type of player that fits with the Sedins? Can you play him with Kesler? Keep in mind that in Toronto he can't play with Grabovski because he needs a playmaking center, not a goal-scoring one.

Kessel is just a bad fit given the makeup of our lineup... and you're proposing we give up a huge package for a bad fit who's a UFA in a couple years, that's going to demand tons of money on the market?

Makes no sense to me.

If I'm giving up that package, I'd want a signed Perry.. or Ryan... or Backes... or, well a similar powerforward type right winger who can be a good fit next to either the Sedins or Kesler. Kessel isn't a fit beside either of those guys.

I feel this solid post needs to be repeated here. The fantasy proposals are great though...

Closed Thread