HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs lose again. We are Oilers in denial.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Do we have a better shot at getting out of the bottom 10 with one offensive line producing consistently, or two?
His motives are clear when you read his posts, he wants Grabo to have the 2 best and most physical wingers so Grabs can keep padding those stats regardless of them going minus in the defensive dept. Obviously the right thing to do is move JVR to the top line to replace Lupul.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
The Grabo line seemed to pick it up offensively with the JVR insertion, unfortunately this line also went south defensively.
Is it any surprise? The only time those players get any recognition is when they put up the points. The fans in this town are downright ruthless when they're not.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:56 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

[QUOTE=Sokil;58430785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post

There is no I in team, as they say.
So what makes up a team then?

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Bozak is not a first line player. I hope people realize this. All the little things he does are fool's gold. His speed, positioning, and shot are not first line material, and this trumps all his positives.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel should all be playing on the same line.
He did fine with Lupul and Kessel and Crabb. All that line needs is someone to go into the dirty areas and Kessel will be again a fan fav here.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Is it any surprise? The only time those players get any recognition is when they put up the points. The fans in this town are downright ruthless when they're not.
Look no further than Kessel my man, he's being burned at the stake tonight. Phaneuf too.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:58 PM
bunjay

Quote:
His motives are clear when you read his posts, he wants Grabo to have the 2 best and most physical wingers so Grabs can keep padding those stats regardless of them going minus in the defensive dept. Obviously the right thing to do is move JVR to the top line to replace Lupul.
You're on the ignore list now, so you can stop doing your weird routine whenever.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Macarthur was taken off that line because he was killing their offense in the first place. Now you think putting him back magically solves the problem? You want to dismantle something that's working (Kulemin - Grabo - JVR) for something that was already horrible only 4 days ago?

Sorry, you've failed to solve any problem whatsoever, even in your fantasy world where the Leafs have the depth for 2 scoring lines without Lupul.
What are you talking about Mac was moved to the Bozak line as a result of Lupul getting hurt.....

I can see JVR being moved to the Bozak Line as Carlyle needs to make changes to get some offense going.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Why is it that before the season began, all anyone seemed to be talking about was tanking, yet whenever we lose a game everyone throws an absolute s**tfit?

Kyle Doobas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Interactif

Quote:
You're on the ignore list now, so you can stop doing your weird routine whenever.
Thank you, now we can go about talking about hockey rather than you going on about one player night in, night out.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:00 AM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
Rangers did pretty good with one line doing all the scoring.
Once we can squeeze 3 PPG caliber all stars on one line without gutting the rest of the team, we can revisit this discussion.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:02 AM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Do we have a better shot at getting out of the bottom 10 with one offensive line producing consistently, or two?
I ask you in all honesty? Do you understand the structure of four lines? The fourth will never be offensively what the first is. This is for various reason but the easiest way to explain to you is that generally the third and fourth lines occupy less salary than the first two. I told the poster bomber this the other night, it's a fast game and for people who have not played the game often difficult to understand the subtle neuances. A good way of learning is going to the main board and simply reading. Take in what you can. We appreciate your ideas here however they often are odd. Not everyone has played the game but most posters try to comprehend what they are typing. Wish you all the best in your quest for knowledge. Any questions, myself and many others here would be willing to help you out with via a pm.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post

I support the crest on the front and the players that are pulling there weight .
The crest, how noble. What a cop out of an answer.

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
diceman934

Quote:
Thank you, now we can go about talking about hockey rather than you going on about one player night in, night out.
Ignore list....is that not an infraction

Old
01-27-2013, 12:03 AM
lampshade*

Quote:
Another terrible post, no one cares who's on your ignore list. Contribute to the thread, upping your post count impresses no one.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Pi

Quote:
Look no further than Kessel my man, he's being burned at the stake tonight. Phaneuf too.
I've got no problem with Phaneuf, I think his play didn't warrant a -4 next to his name.

Kessel on the other hand not only had trouble getting anything going in the offensive zone, he was giving away the puck in our zone every time someone came within a foot to him.

Bozak and Kessel were huge liabilities in our end this game might have had a different result if Brad Richards isn't left all alone to score an easy tap in.

It is evidently clear that Kessel needs a strong PWF on the left wing or someone that goes into the dirty areas like Lupul for him to be successful.

In the end, MacArthur and Kessel are both the same sort of players, they don't engage much near the boards or in the corners. He's a really bad fit for Kessel.

Leafs need to put JvR or Kulemin on that line and give that line some desperately needed stability. I feel like Lupul was the glue that held that line together.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
What are you talking about Mac was moved to the Bozak line as a result of Lupul getting hurt.....

I can see JVR being moved to the Bozak Line as Carlyle needs to make changes to get some offense going.
Macarthur was already getting bounced around in the Pittsburgh game....before Lupul got injured.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Interactif

Making an ignore list is sort of a compliment to me, I don't know I have critiqued Kessel and Bozak tonight, any of their fans want to put me on ignore too?

Telling it as I see it, thankless task here. LOL

Old
01-27-2013, 12:07 AM
rdawg1234

Quote:
Macarthur was already getting bounced around in the Pittsburgh game....before Lupul got injured.
Yea I'd prefer JVR up there, Macarthur is the definition of depth scoring, doesn't really add much to the team but he'll pot in the odd goal every once in a while.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:08 AM
hotpaws

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
The crest, how noble. What a cop out of an answer.
I also said the players that are pulling there weight but i guess you missed that . If you want to mindlessly support every player on a bottom end team that your problem .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:09 AM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Yea I'd prefer JVR up there, Macarthur is the definition of depth scoring, doesn't really add much to the team but he'll pot in the odd goal every once in a while.
I wonder how many people would be singing a different tune if Macarthurs shot had gone off the crossbar and in.

He's been useless, though. Anybody who will work the boards is a better option on that line, not just JVR. If you move JVR from where he's started to get it going, you are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:09 AM
diceman934

Quote:
It was not even for a period.....and the change was made because JVR was not playing up to par.....if you care to listen to Carlyle.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I've got no problem with Phaneuf, I think his play didn't warrant a -4 next to his name.

Kessel on the other hand not only had trouble getting anything going in the offensive zone, he was giving away the puck in our zone every time someone came within a foot to him.

Bozak and Kessel were huge liabilities in our end this game might have had a different result if Brad Richards isn't left all alone to score an easy tap in.

It is evidently clear that Kessel needs a strong PWF on the left wing or someone that goes into the dirty areas like Lupul for him to be successful.

In the end, MacArthur and Kessel are both the same sort of players, they don't engage much near the boards or in the corners. He's a really bad fit for Kessel.

Leafs need to put JvR or Kulemin on that line and give that line some desperately needed stability. I feel like Lupul was the glue that held that line together.
You are 100% correct. Need someone that can have a net/board presence like Lupul had. Painfully obvious this is what is missing from the line.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
It was not even for a period.....and the change was made because JVR was not playing up to par.....if you care to listen to Carlyle.
I said Macarthur was taken off that line because he was dragging them down. You said it was because Lupul was injured. Macarthur was off that line already. That's it. If JVR was promoted to get him going, that doesnt exclude Macarthur from having been demoted for sucking. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

If this was already posted I apologize:

Quote:
Damien Cox‏@DamoSpin

Classic Leaf Nation. Team surrenders 12 goals in 2 games and blame is heaped on one player, the captain. And goodnight from New York...

GoHardSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
diceman934

Quote:
Making an ignore list is sort of a compliment to me, I don't know I have critiqued Kessel and Bozak tonight, any of their fans want to put me on ignore too?

Telling it as I see it, thankless task here. LOL
I was on a past posters ignore list so I just quoted him.....I agree that Kessel and Bozak were horrible tonight. Kessel has not been good at all this year. He got two apples in his first game but really was not that good. Tonight he was the worst player on the ice for both teams.....it was not even close.