HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trying to end the rumor of Det/Wash/Col.

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 12:31 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Trying to end the rumor of Det/Wash/Col.

Was just browsing the net and came across this. It might not be the best source but at least it is a source.

Look at the last paragraph in "Spector's Mailbag" at a "Jim in Denver" letter.
http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

No Deal!

Spectors Hockey is the guy that writes "Prince of Pucks" for Fox Sports.com

Old
09-25-2003, 01:00 PM
Slats432

Not that I want to give credence to the rumour but Spector's source for the information was Jim from Denver who emailed Leonsis.(I don't know how likely this is.)

As far as giving credit to the source of a rumour, you have to look at what the source is of the discrediting of a rumour.

(Note to self....register user name JimfromDenver to play with minds of Avs, Wings, and Caps.)

Old
09-25-2003, 01:39 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Not that I want to give credence to the rumour but Spector's source for the information was Jim from Denver who emailed Leonsis.(I don't know how likely this is.)

As far as giving credit to the source of a rumour, you have to look at what the source is of the discrediting of a rumour.

(Note to self....register user name JimfromDenver to play with minds of Avs, Wings, and Caps.)
Ted Leonsis is part of the founding crew at AOL and bought the Caps with his AOL riches. For obvious reasons the Capitals are very computer friendly. They are widely celebrated as the team with the best website and features. Leonsis himself responds to every email from fans that he gets. I've heard him say a 100 or more a day. He has answered each email that I have sent him, myself. Some are suspicious and say its not him, but its hard to prove that either way unless you are standing over his shoulder as he does it. I believe him. If Leonsis said there has been no conversation with Colorado, then I would believe that. As this website points out further down on the mailbag, the trade makes no sense for the Capitals. Why would the Capitals trade Kolzig for Cujo?
Kolzig is better, younger and cheaper than Cujo. Why would the Capitals do that? In addition to the fact that the Caps don't need a forward. They are full. IF the Caps traded Jagr or Lang to Detroit and then facilitated Cujo going from Detroit to Colorado, I could see that happening. That makes a little sense. But Kolzig ending up in Colorado makes no sense for the Caps and makes a lot less sense for Detroit than letting Colorado get Cujo.

Old
09-25-2003, 03:30 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
i never thought of spectors as a completely legit rumor site, and frankly if leonisis got 100's of emails a day and responded to them ALL it'd be nearly impossible unless he sends one short to the point bs response, something to the effect of: ALL RUMORS ARE FALSE, while unlikely as the 3way is now, it's still a possibility until proven otherwise,

btw, until you resurfaced it, the rumor was pretty much ended, so to all those who want it ended, i'd say quit talking about it not happening and it would be ended

Old
09-25-2003, 06:37 PM
I_r_1337

Yeah Ted talks with us in emails all the time...even when you send him a insane email or just a friendly hey whats up he'll respond. I think he has my email saved or something because on a couple moves he's sent me emails the day after or two days later with a smiley face asking how I liked that. He's a kick ass owner and does whatever it takes but his teams just don't perform.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:20 PM
gocaps8

George McPhee denied a rumored deal

From Washington Times
Caps general manager George McPhee denied a rumored deal on ESPN.com that had goalie Olie Kolzig being traded to Colorado and center Robert Lang to Detroit, with surplus goalie Curtis Joseph coming from the Red Wings and center Alex Tanguay from the Avalanche.

Closed Thread