HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Begin finds going back to Hockey hard and has comments about Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Mike The Wall

vCash: 500
Begin finds going back to Hockey hard and has comments about Prospects

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...005,948165.php

It is in French sorry I am not great at translating can someone do it it would be great.

Old
03-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Part on the kids:

The 26 year old veteran, who won a place in Habs fans hearts last year with spectacular body checks and his 10 goals in 52 games has been able to analyse a few of the team's top prospects. Chris Higgins seems to be the player he feels is the closest to the NHL. « He's playing well. He's a big time worker, he never gives up and he's a complete player. Among the kids, he's the one who has the most mature game.»

He's also impressed by the talent of 20 year old Belarussian Andrei Kostitsyn, the team's first round pick in 03, who scored his 12th goal of the season on sunday. (The commentators even compared the power and precision of his shot to Joe Sakic's.)

«He's a really really really good player. Good shot, good skater, great hands, he really has the tools. He still needs to develop certain things, but if he can follow the game plan, he will become a very good hockey player. I did not know much about Tomas Plekanec, but he is also a very good player. He must improve his defensive play though. »

Among the defenceman, Begin has zero doubts about Mike Komisarek's chances of having a nice career in the NHL. « He will be in Montreal when the NHL will resume. It's funny because he's also coming back after a long absence and he also finds it hard. I told him to not worry about it...»

Begin also had good words for Ron Hainsey. « People were telling me that he was having a tough season and that fans were often booing him here in Hamilton, but he's playing very well since I have been here (4 points in his last 2 games, +1). He made some very nice plays once again on sunday. I am talking about the kids, but I am not yet in a good position to give opinions on their play right now. I miss a few shifts trying to get my breath back on the bench. I will be a better analyst in a few weeks...»

Old
03-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Mike The Wall

Thank you very much Marc

Old
03-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Habs13

I find the fact that Begin is talking about Higgins being a hard working is a real compliment to Higgins. Begin is a work horse, he nevertakes a shift off.. so, that makes me a happy bunny!

Old
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Plekanec doit travailler sa defensive

ok , c'est vrai que Bégin vient juste d'arriver a Hamilton et son point de vue n'est pas le meilleur.

À ses yeux , Hollywood est un vrai Rob Blake

Old
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I think Begin is the perfect guy in Hamilton for our youth to learn from. He just may have infleunced Hainsey apon his arival!

That a boy Begin

Old
03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Mike The Wall

I think he will give that extra push not that he needs it to Higgins. Hainsey I think Komi being back will push him. From what I heard he was always envious of Mike. Hopefully this will push him to play better.

Old
03-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
Hainsey I think Komi being back will push him. From what I heard he was always envious of Mike.
Care to back that up? I never heard or read such a thing.

Old
03-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Taupy

I like what he said about Kostitsyn and don't forget that it's just the beginning.

Old
03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

I just like everytime Begin speaks. This guy is a warrior, and a real hockey player. He'll tell you what he thinks and not make cliché quotes.

Begin must be a Hab for the rest of his career.

Old
03-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Care to back that up? I never heard or read such a thing.

I remember reading this in the Montreal Gazette about 1 year ago. when Hainsey was sent down to the minors and Mike was brought up. It did not say jealeous but envious do you know the difference and all the posters know that I do not write about junk or make believe stuff.

Old
03-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
I remember reading this in the Montreal Gazette about 1 year ago. when Hainsey was sent down to the minors and Mike was brought up. It did not say jealeous but envious do you know the difference and all the posters know that I do not write about junk or make believe stuff.
I wasn't accusing you of making stuff up, it's just that those kind of infos travel badly and usually get distorted along the lines of: Hainsey wishes Komisarek good luck... then Hainsey wishes he could be where Komisarek is... then Hainsey wishes he could be Komisarek... then Hainsey wishes he could kill Komisarek and take his spot... etc.

So that's why I asked where that came from.

Old
03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Je ne connaissais pas beaucoup Tomas Plekanec (le premier pointeur des Bulldogs), mais c'est un très bon joueur lui aussi. Il doit cependant améliorer l'aspect défensif de son jeu

That was indeed a great article , Begin is the man.

Old
03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Does Plekanec realy need work on the defensive part of the game or Begin as not seen enough of him. In the games that I saw I tought he was good in the defensive zone.

Old
03-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
Does Plekanec realy need work on the defensive part of the game or Begin as not seen enough of him. In the games that I saw I tought he was good in the defensive zone.
Plekanec's good defensively. Begin's out to lunch on this one. I love the guy, but I think his brain lacked oxygen out there on the bench when he was trying to catch his breath. Made him hallucinate things.

Of course a player can always work on his defensive game, Plekanec's not at Lehtinen's level yet so I guess you could say there is theoretically room for improvement, but no way this is one of his weaknesses.

Old
03-08-2005, 06:55 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyF
I just like everytime Begin speaks. This guy is a warrior, and a real hockey player. He'll tell you what he thinks and not make cliché quotes.

HE will probably will...he might very well be at this point the only current Hab player that is popular with all the fans.

Old
03-08-2005, 08:08 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
HE will probably will...he might very well be at this point the only current Hab player that is popular with all the fans.
I think Ryder is also. Guys that play it simply, give their 100% every shift and play with an edge are popular in Montreal. That's why Higgins will be popular too.

Koivu is in the same boat, but SOME people dont like him.. probably because he's always injured, maybe because he's european (that's not my opinion, I LOVE Koivu, but.. some people think differently)

Old
03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
saskhab

Maybe Bégin is looking at Plekanec from a NHL standpoint. He might do some things well defensively, but there are things you can get away with at the AHL level that you can't at the NHL level. He might be saying that he needs to continue to work on his defensive play to stick in the NHL long term.

But Plekanec has his up and downs. Not the most consistent player (not to say he's inconsistent), so Bégin might not have seen him at his top game yet...

Old
03-09-2005, 01:48 AM
yvresgyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyF

I totally agree with you there. His influence is what any team need and it has been said everywhere he has been. Hell, even Don Cherry likes him.

I think Begin should get an A on his shirt for next season, whenever that is. Should he snatch it from Breeze-By's jersey.

Closed Thread