HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning Weekly Power Rankings

Old
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Legendary

vCash: 3073
Lightning Weekly Power Rankings

Lightning Power Rankings Week 1

ESPN - 6th
Quote:
Last Week: 16 Kudos to GM Steve Yzerman for his offseason work. Sami Salo is among those additions. Try a plus-9 and five assists in five games for the veteran blueliner with the surprising Bolts.
NY Post - 5th
Quote:
Scored 24 goals in five games. Martin St. Louis had four assists Sunday in a 5-1 win over the Flyers and has 11 points on the season
CBS - 5th
Quote:
Still not sure they are this good as I'm not sold on Anders Lindback in net yet, but it's tough to argue with results. ... The offense is very balanced right now but Martin St. Louis still stands out. What a player
HockeyNews - 5th
Quote:
Led by the dangerous Stamkos-St-Louis duo, the Lightning are the highest scoring team in the league right now. Still, they allow too many shots, averaging 34.2 against per game early this season, 26th in the NHL
FOX Sports - 11th
Quote:
Martin St. Louis was the third of the NHL’s “Three Stars” of the week. His eight assists tie him for second in the league to power a Lightning team with the most goals scored per game in the league (4.8).
TSN - 2nd
Quote:
Rookie winger Cory Conacher is the offseason addition getting noticed the most, which happens with seven points in five games, but veteran D Sami Salo has been great too, contributing five points and a league-leading plus-9.
SportsNet - 4th
Quote:
Perfect at home, the Lightning have easily the best goal differential in the East (+11). The scary thing? Three other Tampa Bay players have scored as many goals as Steven Stamkos (three). Wait till Stammer gets warmed up.
SI - 8th
Quote:
Maybe last year was the fluke, when the Lightning missed the playoffs after going to Game 7 of the 2011 conference finals. Coach Guy Boucher's Bolts have looked plenty good so far, especially ageless Martin St. Louis (11 points, NHL Third Star of the Week honors) and Vincent Lecavalier, who recently played in his 1,000th game. "I don't feel old," Lecavalier told reporters. "I still feel that I can play at a high level. I can play physical. I want to keep that; I don't want to change just because I'm getting older." Rookie left wing Cory Conacher has been a find so far, with five points (two goals) in his first three games. If only the Lightning could beat the Islanders at Nassau Coliseum, their loss made it four straight defeats in the old barn by a combined 16-6 margin.
Interesting to see most have us in the top 5.
To me the most surprising is TSN having us at #2 given how they have generally seemed to not like Tampa.
Fox having us at 11 is also perplexing. Especially since it shows we moved down 2 spots from their preseaon rankings.

Last edited by Xenophobia Catalyst: 01-29-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added SI
Xenophobia Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
TurboBrick

vCash: 500
2nd on TSN? Wow, that must have been a hard one for them to swallow. IIRC they ranked us 26th in their preseason poll.

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Interesting... keep us updated the next weeks please

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
2nd on TSN? Wow, that must have been a hard one for them to swallow. IIRC they ranked us 26th in their preseason poll.
Yea they usually dont like to see TB do well. They always seem to rate their canadian teams higher even if they arent doing even close to as well as TB is at the moment. This team is fun to watch right now. I hope they can keep this play up for as long as possible. They will win many games if they can.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
They always seem to rate their canadian teams higher even if they arent doing even close to as well as TB is at the moment.
That's just pandering to their audience, I assume, and can't really fault them for.

B2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 50
Nice to get recognized once in a while.

#2 on TSN? I'm shocked!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k3 View Post
That's just pandering to their audience, I assume, and can't really fault them for.
Its not just them though, they all usually cater to the bigger markets. Go where the money is at I guess.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote