HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The MDZ Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
  #101
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,953
vCash: 50
My biggest worry is that we trade DZ and then another one of the horses goes down win an injury. ****s our defensive depth.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:24 PM
  #102
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
My biggest worry is that we trade DZ and then another one of the horses goes down win an injury. ****s our defensive depth.
This this this this.


I don't see why we trade one of our PMD guys. Well, what's closest to one. We aren't even sure of our D in the A, so really the smart move to me is to keep our defensemen...we need some 6/7 guys that aren't Bickel or Gilroy sometimes.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:25 PM
  #103
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Yep, we can't afford to trade Del Zotto because we simply dont have the depth. If any of our top 3 go down, our defense is horrible.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:26 PM
  #104
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yep, we can't afford to trade Del Zotto because we simply dont have the depth. If any of our top 3 go down, our defense is horrible.
I can't even see us doing a DZ deal with Sauer here (I wish that his career wasn't more than likely over...). DZ is our most offensive minded D man IMO.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:27 PM
  #105
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
It's not all about points pal. Our #2 center doesn't score goals when the games really matter(1 goal in 25 games in the playoffs in his career) and isn't anywhere near as good as ROR is at forchecking, creating turnovers, faceoff % and physical play.
If, for arguments sake, the proposed deal was MDZ and Stepan for Erik Johnson and ROR, that's a deal the Ranger's should do everyday and twice on sundays!
Stepan is actually at 50% faceoffs this season he's improved alot. he's also been very good defensively on the PK and playing with Nash and Hagelin offensively has turned his game around. Also, speaking of ROR, in their last 18 games last season (you know when the Avs HAD to win games to get into the playoffs?). ROR put up an amazing 2 goals.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
  #106
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Stepan is actually at 50% faceoffs this season he's improved alot. he's also been very good defensively on the PK and playing with Nash and Hagelin offensively has turned his game around. Also, speaking of ROR, in their last 18 games last season (you know when the Avs HAD to win games to get into the playoffs?). ROR put up an amazing 2 goals.
Ya mean 1 more goal than Stepan has put up in his entire playoff career of 25 games?? Good Gosh!!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:40 PM
  #107
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Ya mean 1 more goal than Stepan has put up in his entire playoff career of 25 games?? Good Gosh!!
so is your point neither are that good? yet everyone on here is raving over the guy and would give up MDZ and some even Staal....

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
  #108
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Ya mean 1 more goal than Stepan has put up in his entire playoff career of 25 games?? Good Gosh!!
This was O'Reilly's only playoff goal:


Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
  #109
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Stepan is actually at 50% faceoffs this season he's improved alot. he's also been very good defensively on the PK and playing with Nash and Hagelin offensively has turned his game around. Also, speaking of ROR, in their last 18 games last season (you know when the Avs HAD to win games to get into the playoffs?). ROR put up an amazing 2 goals.
Btw, Stepan has turned his game around playing with Nash and Hagelin?? Since when? He's the only guy on that line that isn't producing results unless you consider 1 goal, 0 assists in his last 5 games as results.
ROR is a player who can actually match up against the top centers in the East; go ahead and try that with Stepan and see how far you go!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
  #110
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
stats dont mean everything.. kids 22 and only going to get better.. same with DZ.. give them a chance before we write them off..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:46 PM
  #111
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Btw, Stepan has turned his game around playing with Nash and Hagelin?? Since when? He's the only guy on that line that isn't producing results unless you consider 1 goal, 0 assists in his last 5 games as results.
ROR is a player who can actually match up against the top centers in the East; go ahead and try that with Stepan and see how far you go!
I never once said Stepan was better than him in any of that post. I simply stated you were wrong about Stepan, and the guy you are raving about had 2 goals in the last 18 games of last season when his team needed him the most.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:51 PM
  #112
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
so is your point neither are that good? yet everyone on here is raving over the guy and would give up MDZ and some even Staal....
Look, let's get down to brass tacks here. It's all about improving the team(that is what a GM is supposed to do although you would never know it from Sather's job performance in almost 13 yrs here!)
Hypothetically, if and only if we could do a deal where we give up MDZ(who is a flawed player defensively) and Stepan(not in love with him either but would rather keep him because our center position is so weak!) and get ROR(who is a way better all around center than Stepan) and Erik Johnson(who was a #1 pick overall, has had some issues with injuries is still young and when healthy is head and shoulders above MDZ as a defenseman), you wouldn't do that deal?????? Think again pal!!!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:04 PM
  #113
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I never once said Stepan was better than him in any of that post. I simply stated you were wrong about Stepan, and the guy you are raving about had 2 goals in the last 18 games of last season when his team needed him the most.
Look, you have nothing to worry about because this rumored deal just won't happen for a # of reasons.
So, we will still have Stepan and Del Zotto around for me and some other less patient Ranger's fans to rip apart when they don't produce(especially DZ) as they should.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
  #114
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,426
vCash: 500
Losing 1-0 Del Zotto doesn't have any goals, bench and trade.



Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.