HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Garrioch Writes that Avs are Quietly Shopping O'Reilly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 10:06 PM
  #301
Walter Kovacs
McJesus
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Absolutely terrible. Nothing but scraps for a Young Stud Centerman. Embarrassing proposal
Hahaha homerism at it's finest I suppose

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:07 PM
  #302
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Spinning the reply just like you. Downie and Calder Trophy winner are certainly not the scrubs you suggest. Winnik sure but the other two?
Did you see Downie once he busted his shoulder? I love the guy's craziness and trolling ability, but he was barely better than Winnik after the injury.

I'm not going to **** on Landy because I love him and he had a great rookie year, but it was still a rookie year, and he needed to adapt and adjust over the course of it, he'll be fantastic and I think Landy has the ability to score 35+ with a PPG, but that's not who he was last year.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
  #303
Walter Kovacs
McJesus
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
Hey gang, I'm not sure sure if this was brought up previously but RFA compensation (according to ppp from September 2012--too lazy to do the math and truthfully I don't know how it would work this season) is a 1st and a 3rd for O'Reilly's rumoured asking price of $5 mil (even if you go up a rung, it's just a 2nd rounder thrown into the mix). That being said you're probably looking at an asking price just above that (or else Colorado would simply threaten to match) in value and I still think it's a great bargain if the rumours are true.

My question for you is... If you were the GM of your favourite team, would you trade a 2013 1st and 2013 3rd (possibly a 2nd as well) for a chance to sign this kid?
It's all depends where you finish in the league for me, top 10 no anything after yeah probably.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
  #304
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Hahaha homerism at it's finest I suppose
How is that Homerism? Blacker, Colborne, and Mckegg are all no more then mid level prospects, and a 2nd is scraps.

Oreilly is a young stud, the fact that you think Gagner is close to Oreilly makes you a huge homer. Even Oilers fans themselves realize theres a significant difference between the two.

But yea, go ahead and keep living in your little dream world where Gagner scores 8 points every night, sounds like a fun place.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
  #305
Walter Kovacs
McJesus
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
How is that Homerism? Blacker, Colborne, and Mckegg are all no more then mid level prospects, and a 2nd is scraps.

Oreilly is a young stud, the fact that you think Gagner is close to Oreilly makes you a huge homer. Even Oilers fans themselves realize theres a significant difference between the two.

But yea, go ahead and keep living in your little dream world where Gagner scores 8 points every night, sounds like a fun place.
this has nothing to do with Gagner, you saying Kessel or nothing is the dumbest thing i read on here tonite, that is a brutal overpayment for one decent season.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
  #306
Canadian91
Registered User
 
Canadian91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,066
vCash: 500
lol all the Leaf fans knocking Garrioch

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
  #307
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Oreilly+ for Kessel or theres no deal to be made.
the + would have to be pretty significant.

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
  #308
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
the + would have to be pretty significant.
I thought Kessel was a UFA 2014?

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:14 PM
  #309
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
this has nothing to do with Gagner, you saying Kessel or anything is the dumbest thing i read on here tonite, that is a brutal overpayment for one decent season.
How? We have no need for anything else on the Leafs roster? I didn't say Kessel straight up either, I said Oreilly+.

And it certainly wasn't a "decent season". As a 21 year old leading his team in points, leading the ENTIRE league in takeaways, and getting Selke consideration, all again at the age of 21... That's not a decent season, that's a breakout season that has established Oreilly as one of the better two way players in the game.

Guys like him don't get traded, ever(Look at Bergeron, Kesler, etc) they simply don't hit the trade market. And if they do there return is going to be significant. Not scraps.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:16 PM
  #310
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,653
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Give him 5m.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:16 PM
  #311
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I thought Kessel was a UFA 2014?
And.... thats 2 seasons away. I thought O'Rielly was the one who wont sign?

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
  #312
Walter Kovacs
McJesus
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
How? We have no need for anything else on the Leafs roster? I didn't say Kessel straight up either, I said Oreilly+.

And it certainly wasn't a "decent season". As a 21 year old leading his team in points, leading the ENTIRE league in takeaways, and getting Selke consideration, all again at the age of 21... That's not a decent season, that's a breakout season that has established Oreilly as one of the better two way players in the game.

Guys like him don't get traded, ever(Look at Bergeron, Kesler, etc) they simply don't hit the trade market. And if they do there return is going to be significant. Not scraps.
Not even in the same class as Kessler, Bergeron maybe try Bodker or Berglund would be a whole lot closer.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
  #313
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
the + would have to be pretty significant.
I don't think we'd be good partners for a deal then. Very different values on each player, given that Kessel is a UFA in less then 2 years.

Maybe Oreilly + 2014 1st, but the first being contingent on Kessel resigning with the Avs. Other wise if he doesn't the 1st becomes a 2nd?

I wouldn't offer more then that.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:20 PM
  #314
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Not even in the same class as Kessler, Bergeron maybe try Bodker or Berglund would be a whole lot closer.
He's certainly not far off. Kesler had 23 points in the NHL at age 21. Don't see how Oreilly isn't on a similar path to Kesler at this point.

Boedker has yet to crack even 40 points. He's not even in the same realm as Oreilly, considering Oreilly is just as good Defensively if not better and obviously much more offensive.

Theres no point arguing with you. You clearly have literally no idea what you're talking about. Probably haven't even seen Oreilly play.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:23 PM
  #315
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
Hey gang, I'm not sure sure if this was brought up previously but RFA compensation (according to ppp from September 2012--too lazy to do the math and truthfully I don't know how it would work this season) is a 1st and a 3rd for O'Reilly's rumoured asking price of $5 mil (even if you go up a rung, it's just a 2nd rounder thrown into the mix). That being said you're probably looking at an asking price just above that (or else Colorado would simply threaten to match) in value and I still think it's a great bargain if the rumours are true.

My question for you is... If you were the GM of your favourite team, would you trade a 2013 1st and 2013 3rd (possibly a 2nd as well) for a chance to sign this kid?
Somehow I doubt any team would try and offer sheet. It happens so rarely. That team would also have to watch out for their future RFAs.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:26 PM
  #316
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Absolutely terrible. Nothing but scraps for a Young Stud Centerman. Embarrassing proposal
Not quite as embarrassing as your rotten attitude.

Good luck with O'Reilly bud. I'm sure you guys will hit a home run.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:26 PM
  #317
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71
 
SinfulCobraZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Despres + Tangradi + 2nd?

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:27 PM
  #318
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Not even in the same class as Kessler, Bergeron maybe try Bodker or Berglund would be a whole lot closer.
So wait....O'Reilly is not close to Kesler, a bit closer to Bergeron, and you think he is a lot closer or Boedker? This is the Boedker who has never cracked 40 points? The Boedker O'Reilly is better than defensively? The Boedker that is two years older? That is one of the most random comparisons I've ever seen...They don't even play the same position. I'm questioning how much you know about O'Reilly if that is who you compare him to.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:28 PM
  #319
Walter Kovacs
McJesus
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Despres + Tangradi + 2nd?
Crosby or nothing.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
  #320
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Not quite as embarrassing as your rotten attitude.

Good luck with O'Reilly bud. I'm sure you guys will hit a home run.
Yeah...that proposal is still one of the most embarrasing things in this thread. Pathetic offer. Nice try though. Good luck with your Leafs

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
  #321
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Crosby or nothing.
Hey, you said it.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:30 PM
  #322
Walter Kovacs
McJesus
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Hey, you said it.
Figured i'd get a head start on what the reply would be

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:32 PM
  #323
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,902
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Figured i'd get a head start on what the reply would be
Really? How pathetic.






You forgot Malkin

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
  #324
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71
 
SinfulCobraZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Really? How pathetic.






You forgot Malkin

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
  #325
TheMobGoesWild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Not really a shocking revelation. If negotiations continue to go the way they have (nowhere) trading him becomes the most probable course of action. I obviously hope it doesn't come to that but I do have to be realistic.

TheMobGoesWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.