HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Smith (and wilson...)

Old
02-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
And what happens when the player we trade for fails to adapt to Trotz's system in two years?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:14 PM
redbeard7737

vCash: 500
has Smith been improving? when this guy played in the pre-season last year, he looked unstoppable and I was excited to see him develop but looks like he hit a huge wall...does he have a poor work ethic or what's been happening with him to see 0 points in 10 games?

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:18 AM
weeze

Since the All-Star game last year, Smith has not performed well at all! This year it looks like he has forgotten how to skate, pass and shoot the puck. I can't tell you how many times I have seen him fall down while skating and how many times he has fanned/whiffed on a shot attempt. Play outa control a lot too.

I think he needs to calm and settle down. He is trying way to hard and not letting the game come naturally to him. Overreacting and over skating on most plays and then skating like a mad man to get back into the play.

I do like him and think he can be a great asset once he can learn to stay under control.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
canuckthug16
that's curtains!

Wilson currently leads your team in points. Will he be this good all year? What can you tell me about him? How dangerous is his line? Is he on PP1 or PP2?

side question:
Does Shea Weber usually play longer than 1 minute on the PP? Most players switch off but was wondering if Shea stays on a bit longer.

Thanks and it should be a good battle on Friday !!

canuckthug16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckthug View Post
Wilson currently leads your team in points. Will he be this good all year? What can you tell me about him? How dangerous is his line? Is he on PP1 or PP2?

side question:
Does Shea Weber usually play longer than 1 minute on the PP? Most players switch off but was wondering if Shea stays on a bit longer.

Not as much since Josi, Ellis and Blum are all on the pp too.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckthug View Post

side question:

Wilson has the potential to be this good and better. He sometimes has to work things out between the ears, but this year he seems to have it figured out. He plays PP but Trotz has a habit of switching up PP units so you never know when or where he'll show.

Weber generally will play half the PP. Occasionally he'll stay longer depending on game situation. But with Blum, Ellis and Josi we have capable PP defensemen to split the workload up.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
canuckthug16
that's curtains!

^
^
Awsome, thanks.

And I'll get to see myself this Friday !!

canuckthug16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Smith seems to be regaining his confidence...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Smith seems to be regaining his confidence...
Agreed, but it still seems like the game is going way too fast for him. A great example is that semi-breakaway against Anaheim he had off a dump in where he quickly took a slap shot despite having tons of time and space to make a move. This is just something that will come to him over time. May even take a couple years. Gaining his confidence is definitely a huge step in the right direction though.

With his hands, speed, and work ethic, there is no way he doesn't become a legit top 6 player at the very least.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote