HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 07:11 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
Weiss from Florida is rumored to be on the block. Wonder what we'd have to give up for him?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Marotte Marauder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Tyler Myers isn't worth Olsen straight up at this point and no thanks to Roszi back beyond this year

Already slowing down (Still playing overall well) ,, Would be mistake to bring him back unless as cheap #7 next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Oh, ****. I totally forgot about his extension.

Not worth it with the contract, but if he was still on an ELC or something, well worth it.
Quote:
You're right, and that was one of the things that I forgot about. I knew he had signed the extension, but it never dawned on me. Not worth the risk for that much per year. I'd rather utilize it to give our own "studs" raises.

These remind me of the debates that went on when Beach was selected ahead of Myers.

How's that working out?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
ChiHawk21

O reilly
Weiss
Ribero

all seem to look like they could move this year. Are the hawks interested in getting anyone?

I like weiss

Old
02-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
These remind me of the debates that went on when Beach was selected ahead of Myers.

How's that working out?
Probably for the better since we don't have Tyler signed to a 5+ mil contract.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
O reilly
Weiss
Ribero

all seem to look like they could move this year. Are the hawks interested in getting anyone?

I like weiss
Florida has explicitly stated they aren't trading Weiss. Oreily wants 5+ mil a season.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:12 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Florida has explicitly stated they aren't trading Weiss. Oreily wants 5+ mil a season.
I didnt realize. When was this?

Old
02-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
I didnt realize. When was this?
If you watched Hotstove Tonight on Hockey Night In Canada last weekend, you heard Florida Panthers general manager Dale Tallon toss cold water on rumours that he was willing to trade unrestricted free agent-to-be Stephen Weiss, who has a no-move clause.

"Ridiculous," Tallon said. "I'm not trading him, I'm going to try to sign him."

Old
02-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
If you watched Hotstove Tonight on Hockey Night In Canada last weekend, you heard Florida Panthers general manager Dale Tallon toss cold water on rumours that he was willing to trade unrestricted free agent-to-be Stephen Weiss, who has a no-move clause.

"Ridiculous," Tallon said. "I'm not trading him, I'm going to try to sign him."
I'm sure if we dangle Beach and a bag of pucks in front of him he will change his tune real quickly.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:32 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I am not sure where the Weiss man love comes from. He's a decent center but nothing worth selling the farm over.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Cullksinikers

Give me Mike Ribiero.

Imagine the ridiculousness Kane and Ribiero would manufacture on the ice together. It'd be a phenomenal sight to see.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:38 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Give me Mike Ribiero.

Imagine the ridiculousness Kane and Ribiero would manufacture on the ice together. It'd be a phenomenal sight to see.
Yep, Cup dreams and a hell of a lot of great memories.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Probably for the better since we don't have Tyler signed to a 5+ mil contract.

My head hurts from this board.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
hockeydoug

Weiss has said that he wants to test free agency. He's not staying in Florida and it's very possible he has no intention of waiving his NMC. I don't think FLA will spend the money it takes to keep him given their situation and I don't think the gm had any choice but to say what he said about signing him.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Keep in mind though that for every Niemi and Fasth there are thousands of others who we don't remember because they flammed out quickly.
I know at least 3 good goalies playing in europe that never got a fair chance in NA. One of them was WC MVP 2010 and he would be good enough as backup when he would be used to NA.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
digdug41982

Salak now 23-12-0 with a .941 SV % and 1.60 GAA, can't wait to see this guy get a shot in the NHL, hopefully in the Eastern conference though.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
My head hurts from this board.
And why is that? It is looking like an atrocious contract as of right now. That does not mean I am a Beach fan or that we should have taken someone instead of him (which we obviously should have). I just do not think he is that good of a d-man at this time.

You make my head hurt.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Salak now 23-12-0 with a .941 SV % and 1.60 GAA, can't wait to see this guy get a shot in the NHL, hopefully in the Eastern conference though.
Not surprised he's doing well in the SEL. I was a fan of him when we got him, but he didn't badly outplay Emery in the pre-season and they went with the experience/veteran behind Crawford. If Salak had gone down the Rockford, worked hard and not sulked, he may have been CHI's back-up this seaoson. Oh well.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:36 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Not surprised he's doing well in the SEL. I was a fan of him when we got him, but he didn't badly outplay Emery in the pre-season and they went with the experience/veteran behind Crawford. If Salak had gone down the Rockford, worked hard and not sulked, he may have been CHI's back-up this seaoson. Oh well.
Agreed, I know the bridge is burned here. I still want to see him in the NHL though. I still think he will be a good goalie here.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Give me Mike Ribiero.

On PP sure but at even strength I would rather see Ribs feeding Hossa/Sharp on 2nd line

Would be thing of beauty watching his passes to Sharp/Hossa

Old
02-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Salak won't get a chance in the NHL. He refused to fight for his chance and showed a bad character being a bad loser.
Guy has had his chance but whined his way back to europe. He has the talent, but not the heart and head.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Salak won't get a chance in the NHL. He refused to fight for his chance and showed a bad character being a bad loser.
Guy has had his chance but whined his way back to europe. He has the talent, but not the heart and head.
BS, it's been proven in sports time and time again, no matter how bad your attitude if you can produce you will have a spot on a team.

If Salak continues his good play a team short on goalies will sign him and give him a chance.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
And why is that? It is looking like an atrocious contract as of right now. That does not mean I am a Beach fan or that we should have taken someone instead of him (which we obviously should have). I just do not think he is that good of a d-man at this time.

You make my head hurt.
Are you liking 5M tied up in Montador and Oduya? Were you in favor of getting rid of Campbell for cap space? Did you offer the Beach pick as a mistake before now?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Are you liking 5M tied up in Montador and Oduya? Were you in favor of getting rid of Campbell for cap space? Did you offer the Beach pick as a mistake before now?
1. Obviously I do not like having money tied up in Montador. Clearly there was no way to foresee him getting his head turned to mush. His contract going forward will not be an issue though.

2. I am starting to come around on Oduya, but no I do not like the contract.

3. I was in favor of jettisoning Campbell for cap relief, but I thought the return was paltry. I thought Campbell got too much flak here and on other boards, but at the end of the day his play on the ice came no where close to justifying his contract.

4. There were multiple players that have turned out to be better than Beach that were picked in the 10-15 spots after him. Hindsight is 20/20 of course and at the time he was slightly appealing, but I do not get paid to draft or sign players. Tallon did at the time and if we have seen anything over the years concerning his drafting it is that it sucks. So no I do not give him the benefit of the doubt and overall I would have preferred the team selecting a d-man (even including Myers (in theory), yes, although I do think he is not even in the top 5 of d-man to come out of that class) in what was an overall strong first round class for that position.

Last edited by Kurtosis: 02-14-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 10:40 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I am not sure where the Weiss man love comes from. He's a decent center but nothing worth selling the farm over.
He's better at some important aspects of the game than Ribiero is and he's always played on a much worse team with a worse supporting cast all around. He's significantly better at the dot, better on the boards, way more responsible with the puck, and seems less selfish in general. Dallas let Ribiero go for a reason, for the amount of points he scores most of the posters here don't see all stupid plays and turnovers he makes. Weiss is good enough to increase his point totals between Sharp/Kane and he'll win more faceoffs while playing a more responsible team game than Ribiero. I'd take Weiss over Ribiero if the package was the same.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
BS, it's been proven in sports time and time again, no matter how bad your attitude if you can produce you will have a spot on a team.

If Salak continues his good play a team short on goalies will sign him and give him a chance.
yes, I agree. But you have to factor in that Salak already is only a fringe NHL backup and #1b at best. He got his chance and sucked. Won't get another chance in the next 3-4 years.
If he would be like Belfour and just an ass, people could handle it.

Closed Thread