HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Wolves making moves

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Crossbar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
The compensation isn't the same, that's for sure. There is, however, compensation... otherwise the organizations wouldn't do it.
You are correct....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...954392-ap.html

Quote:
In return, Florida will receive future considerations, that will be based on how far the Wolves advance in the playoffs.

Old
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
I don't know. I'm thinking the Amerks need to get 1 guy that can put the puck in that net. Won't hurt chemistry at all. They need some depth anyway, might as well get someone who will contribute offensively.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the Amerks adding a piece that makes sense, but I truly think they'd compete just fine with their current setup. They're a solid team. I don't think they need to be too reactionary and counter the moves made by Chicago, and I definitely don't want them to go out and borrow a mercenary. It looks like they wouldn't consider this anyways after seeing them cool off on Gionta because of his affiliation with the Devs.

I can't wait to see how they do against Bingo this week. If they sweep, don't fix it if it aint broke.

Old
03-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
I don't know. I'm thinking the Amerks need to get 1 guy that can put the puck in that net. Won't hurt chemistry at all. They need some depth anyway, might as well get someone who will contribute offensively.
Hey maybe San Antonio can loan you Gregory Campbell? He and Derek Roy had some nice chemistry on a line together back in Juniors with the Kitchener Rangers, that helped lead them to winning the Memorial Cup. The Panthers organization have been quoted many times saying Campbell is expected to make the Panthers whenever the season starts again, so I would think he is in the same boat as Weiss and Bouwmeester in that they'd like him to experience playoff competition to further his developement.

Old
03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the Amerks adding a piece that makes sense, but I truly think they'd compete just fine with their current setup. They're a solid team. I don't think they need to be too reactionary and counter the moves made by Chicago, and I definitely don't want them to go out and borrow a mercenary. It looks like they wouldn't consider this anyways after seeing them cool off on Gionta because of his affiliation with the Devs.

I can't wait to see how they do against Bingo this week. If they sweep, don't fix it if it aint broke.
Well it came out that Gionta just wanted to get in game shape for the World Championships. I think that was a bigger factor than him playing for the Devils, since other players have signed outside their organization.

If they sweep Bingo, you're right, it's tough to justify getting anyone. But I can assure you there will be more loans like this so it'll be tough to sit by idly if you're an Amerk fan because regardless of h ow much they have been scoring, they could use one more guy.

Old
03-08-2005, 11:08 PM
bruins4777*

I highly doubt that teams round the league will be getting loans now, this is just one event, under some very special circumstances.

Don't bring up olson that was due to to many vets on hershey.

Old
03-08-2005, 11:15 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
I highly doubt that teams round the league will be getting loans now, this is just one event, under some very special circumstances.

Don't bring up olson that was due to to many vets on hershey.
Quote:
Another NHL source says we should expect more of this over the next week as NHL teams who are eager to see their prospects in the postseason will make AHL deals to accommodate that.
Clear day rosters are due in about a week. Teams will be making more loans. They do every year around this time. The only thing special about this one was the quality of players being loaned.

Old
03-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
I'm not worried if I'm Rochester, Manchester, or Chester the Molester. The teams at the top have excellent chemistry, something that you can't go out and acquire.
Good point.

Old
03-09-2005, 02:07 PM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Clear day rosters are due in about a week. Teams will be making more loans. They do every year around this time. The only thing special about this one was the quality of players being loaned.
Thats what i ment, i doubt more ultra high quality will be loaned, or as much as people say for an all-star "mercenary" team.

Closed Thread