HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Hariken

vCash: 500
Fantankstic results! Good job Carolina, Colorado, Calgary! We want more of these results!

Old
04-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

April 29th can't come any sooner.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:01 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Would you guys expect all of the big 3 to be in the NHL next season?
Like I've said before. I think Drouin will be sent back to the Q, same reason as Huberdeau. The skill is there, but not the weight, strength or physicality.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Like I've said before. I think Drouin will be sent back to the Q, same reason as Huberdeau. The skill is there, but not the weight, strength or physicality.
Yeah, he's also a black hole defensively.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:20 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Me too. So we can start speculate who we will take, and who will be available if we dont draft 1st. Even if we finish last, we still just 25% chance to draft 1st.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:31 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
lol same feeling here....

Old
04-14-2013, 06:25 PM
CaptainScrewy

So it was a boring Sunday...decided to go through and read all about the top prospects, watch some video, etc. etc. and I have come to my own very unprofessional opinion: Nathan Mackinnon needs to be a Florida Panther. Oh my. He will fit in amazingly and we will be a cup contender and a strong franchise if we can bring him in. It's that simple. Please let this happen.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:31 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainScrewy View Post
So it was a boring Sunday...decided to go through and read all about the top prospects, watch some video, etc. etc. and I have come to my own very unprofessional opinion: Nathan Mackinnon needs to be a Florida Panther. Oh my. He will fit in amazingly and we will be a cup contender and a strong franchise if we can bring him in. It's that simple. Please let this happen.
what did u like about him over drouin?

Old
04-14-2013, 06:47 PM
CaptainScrewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
what did u like about him over drouin?
Drouin has a ton of skill but man...it's like people forgot MacKinnon has just as much skill. Plus he is a center, physical as hell, a grinder, great at face offs, just all around awesome player. Shut down Huberdeau last year too. MacKinnon seems relentless and our three centers of Mac, Bjugstad and Shore will define what this team is all about, IMO. All three guys have skills and will be tough as hell for teams to match up against offensively and defensively.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Me too. So we can start speculate who we will take, and who will be available if we dont draft 1st. Even if we finish last, we still just 25% chance to draft 1st.
but if we finish last from what I undertood is we can't drop more then 1 spot. Is that correct? If we finish last then worst we would pick is at #2? If that is the case we know one of Mac/Drouin will be there.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
but if we finish last from what I undertood is we can't drop more then 1 spot. Is that correct? If we finish last then worst we would pick is at #2? If that is the case we know one of Mac/Drouin will be there.
Correct!

-ghoste

Old
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
homegrizown

i may not be in the majority here. but if we don't get mackinnon and we have the 2nd pick i'm all for taking jones. if third i'm fine with drouin. but i think for me it's either or with those two.

maybe i'm looking at the immediate impact factor. but jones is tough to pass on after mackinnon.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:56 AM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
i may not be in the majority here. but if we don't get mackinnon and we have the 2nd pick i'm all for taking jones. if third i'm fine with drouin. but i think for me it's either or with those two.

maybe i'm looking at the immediate impact factor. but jones is tough to pass on after mackinnon.
DT will go for BPA and Jones is the BPA. MacK and Drouin is a coin toss between who DT think is the better guy and who have more character

Old
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM
florida pwnthers

Ni-russian-kin apparently #2 on the ISS ranking now. anyone know anything about him? all i've heard/read is that he's kind of like malkin in the term of size etc. going to need to grow into his big body but apparently got one of the highest ceilings offensively. He've said that his favourite team is Flyers so I could see the russian factor if any other team draft him...

However, he's a big center to play ahead or behind Bjugstad...

Old
04-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Hariken

The russian factor will scare away most teams, including the Panthers. He has a 3 year KHL contract on-going as well, so bleh.

Keep tanking and get MacK.

Though we have a big problem in the Nashville tank. They've lost 6 in a row and have already 43gp, compared to most others 41. They have 50% AHLers due to injury and can't score. Them losing all the rest of their games is quite possible. Currently at 38pts, 6 points difference to the Panthers, but as mentioned, they have played 2 more games.

Last edited by Hariken: 04-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old
04-15-2013, 11:23 AM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsylt View Post
The russian factor will scare away most teams, including the Panthers. He has a 3 year KHL contract on-going as well, so bleh.

Keep tanking and get MacK.

Though we have a big problem in the Nashville tank. They've lost 6 in a row and has already 43gp, compared to most others 41. They have 50% AHLers due to injury and can't score. Them losing all the rest of their games is quite possible. Currently at 38pts, 6 points difference to the Panthers, but as mentioned, they have played 2 more games.
He's #2 on the list, so we'd have to tank harder than to draft MacK.

Tallon loves his canadian boys so we're probably getting MacK which is great.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
Ni-russian-kin apparently #2 on the ISS ranking now. anyone know anything about him? all i've heard/read is that he's kind of like malkin in the term of size etc. going to need to grow into his big body but apparently got one of the highest ceilings offensively. He've said that his favourite team is Flyers so I could see the russian factor if any other team draft him...

Nichushkin is a very interesting prospect. Has the best physical package of any Forward in this draft. The skating level in that frame makes him incredibly difficult to defend against. He has very good hands, especially near the net with speed. Vision and Hockey IQ were question marks, however less so as the year has developed. He isn't the puck possession player Malkin is (few are i guess).

He's a hard prospect to truely peg. He isn't nearly as refined as the other top forwards in this draft, yet he's been very noticeable in the KHL playoffs. People are overblowing the 2 further years remaining on his KHL contract. The NHL draft is a marathon projection, not a chat roulette sprint. Waiting 2 years for him really isn't much of an issue, especially if waiting 2 years makes him a better prospect. It's unlikely any of these 2013 prospects make a huge impact straight away anyway.

I wouldn't take Nichushkin at #2 over Mackinnon etc simply because i have more questions marks over his transition. The fact that he is Russian to me is inconsequential.

If Nichushkin does go to the U-18, that may have a huge impact on where he may be drafted.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Nichushkin is a very interesting prospect. Has the best physical package of any Forward in this draft. The skating level in that frame makes him incredibly difficult to defend against. He has very good hands, especially near the net with speed. Vision and Hockey IQ were question marks, however less so as the year has developed. He isn't the puck possession player Malkin is (few are i guess).

He's a hard prospect to truely peg. He isn't nearly as refined as the other top forwards in this draft, yet he's been very noticeable in the KHL playoffs. People are overblowing the 2 further years remaining on his KHL contract. The NHL draft is a marathon projection, not a chat roulette sprint. Waiting 2 years for him really isn't much of an issue, especially if waiting 2 years makes him a better prospect. It's unlikely any of these 2013 prospects make a huge impact straight away anyway.

I wouldn't take Nichushkin at #2 over Mackinnon etc simply because i have more questions marks over his transition. The fact that he is Russian to me is inconsequential.

If Nichushkin does go to the U-18, that may have a huge impact on where he may be drafted.
thanks for the run down

Old
04-15-2013, 03:34 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
DT will go for BPA and Jones is the BPA. MacK and Drouin is a coin toss between who DT think is the better guy and who have more character
Depends on the eye that sees. To me MacKinnon is the BPA.

Quote:

Nichushkin is a very interesting prospect, with lots of upside. The russian factor will scare some teams off, but I would be very surprised to see him drop out of the top8-10. Powerful skater with great strides. A powerforward with very good hands. He can score anyway you like it, garbage goals, highlight goals, snipes etc. Not afraid to get physical.

Not sure if he would be able to buy his way out of his KHL contract. Some said Kulikov had that in the 2009 draft, that scared some teams off. But Bob said Kulikov would be able to buy himself out of that contract, not sure if Nichushkin can do the same.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:40 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Nichushkin can buy out his contract if he wishes, but that isn't happening (and would require personal/family wealth).

He isn't NHL ready. He has 2 years remaining. I struggle to fathom why anybody would actually want him to come over in those 2 years.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
So not the greatest night for the tank:

Philly wins

Colorado loses in overtime

Calgary loses
New Jersey loses
Nashville loses

-ghoste

Old
04-15-2013, 10:41 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

Philly wins

Calgary loses
New Jersey loses
Nashville loses

-ghoste
ya it definitely looked like it coulda been a good night for the tank but ended up being a so-so night. At least philly won and the avs got a point...

Old
04-16-2013, 02:34 AM
The Cat Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

Philly wins

Calgary loses
New Jersey loses
Nashville loses

-ghoste
Calgary really needs to find a way to help us out, they are worrying me!

Old
04-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
As much as I want MacKinnon...

Campbell-Jones
Kulikov-Gudbranson

Is an awesome top 4... with Matheson, Petrovic, Robak, Brennan behind..

Old
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
RainingRats

Young d-man take forever to have an impact and develop. plus they're very hard to project from juniors to the NHL. Look at all the top d-men picks for the last 20 years and compare them to the forwards taken nearby. Taking Jones with a top 3 pick will be a mistake.

And even if he becomes a #1 d-man it wont be for a few years. I'd much rather have another Huberdeau than another Guds/Kulikov/Bouwmeester. Have we really not learned our lesson with taking Bouw over Nash?

Closed Thread