HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Delicious Pancakes

vCash: 500
Oilers fan here. Edmonton plays Colorado tomorrow and we'd just love to help you guys out and lose to the Avalanche. It's in Colorado and they've got a better road record than the Oilers away record. Here's hoping.

Old
04-19-2013, 05:02 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
Oilers fan here. Edmonton plays Colorado tomorrow and we'd just love to help you guys out and lose to the Avalanche. It's in Colorado and they've got a better road record than the Oilers away record. Here's hoping.
Losing in Overtime would be perfect.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:32 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
Why do you guys care where you finish? You'll just win the lottery anyway. Well as long as Tambo left his lucky tie behind.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
Hello Florida fans. Avalanche fans have been wondering who you'd pick in the draft. I personally think you'd go for a MacKinnon or another forward and since we want/need Jones, we'd love it if you didn't pick him. Do you have any preferences yourselves or ideas on who your management is likely to draft if you finish 1st overall?

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
04-19-2013, 08:49 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Hello Florida fans. Avalanche fans have been wondering who you'd pick in the draft. I personally think you'd go for a MacKinnon or another forward and since we want/need Jones, we'd love it if you didn't pick him. Do you have any preferences yourselves or ideas on who your management is likely to draft if you finish 1st overall?
Tallon will draft who he think is BPA.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:20 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Most of us want a high end forward (not winnin' for Mckinnon) a few people want Jones especially the way our defense has been lately. Tallon will take whoever he thinks is the best player available that meets his character criteria. But he has said over and over he likes his team to score more goals so I'm guessing he leans towards offense.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Didn't want to create a new thread, but, if FLA ends up picking 1st and takes Jones, do you think that the team would have interest in a Couturier for Kulikov swap?

EDIT: or, on the other hand, would you be willing to trade the 1st for Couturier + 8th overall.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old
04-19-2013, 11:10 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Didn't want to create a new thread, but, if FLA ends up picking 1st and takes Jones, do you think that the team would have interest in a Couturier for Kulikov swap?
we need a bona fide #1 center more than a 2nd-3rd C since we got enough of those prospects. idk, i think we'd want a bona fide #1 center, even if we'd have to add

Old
04-19-2013, 11:34 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

I wish this team would hurry up and lock up 2nd place so I could root for them to win again. Of course then I'll probably be disappointed again but it's a lot more fun rooting for a win.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
FrolikFan67

well i dont see a couturier + 8th overall deal happening but if we do draft jones i could potentially see a kulikov for couturier trade, ive proposed it in the past. long term this would be insane:

Campbell-Jones
Gudbranson-Kulikov

but we need offense, so IF we draft jones, i'd be open to trading kulikov or campbell somewhere down the road, but theyd probably both stay for at least next season (or at least till the trade deadline in kulikovs case).

Old
04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Im going to fight for Mac some more. With Soupy, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Petrovic, and Weaver next season, this team will put forth a capable defensive core. And that core is without any trades, buyouts, or signings by Tallon. On offense, we will be getting Bergy and Steeger back, but we are still lacking that top line offensive talent to compliment Huberdeau. And even though Jones has top pairing capability, I think its much harder to find a top line center, especially for a team that is not capable of landing one in free agency. Mac just makes our forward group complete IMO, and I think choosing him over Jones makes this team a force to wrecken with sooner. Im thinking we are a playoff team next year, and a serious contender in a couple of seasons.

Old
04-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Im going to fight for Mac some more. With Soupy, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Petrovic, and Weaver next season, this team will put forth a capable defensive core. And that core is without any trades, buyouts, or signings by Tallon. On offense, we will be getting Bergy and Steeger back, but we are still lacking that top line offensive talent to compliment Huberdeau. And even though Jones has top pairing capability, I think its much harder to find a top line center, especially for a team that is not capable of landing one in free agency. Mac just makes our forward group complete IMO, and I think choosing him over Jones makes this team a force to wrecken with sooner. Im thinking we are a playoff team next year, and a serious contender in a couple of seasons.
Exactly. Not only do I think we will improve just as much with MacKinnon as we would with Jones, but I think we will see that improvement much sooner. And also, no need to trade Kulikov for Couturier, just draft MacKinnon, save all the effort.

Old
04-19-2013, 04:46 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Exactly. Not only do I think we will improve just as much with MacKinnon as we would with Jones, but I think we will see that improvement much sooner. And also, no need to trade Kulikov for Couturier, just draft MacKinnon, save all the effort.
Mac improves our center depth, improves our talent overall, improves our prospect pool, and gives us something we have never had, which is a legitimate top line center. We have a top line winger in Huberdeau, we have a 2nd line center with top line potential in Bjugstad, we have secondary forwards in Mueller, Howden, Steeger, Flash, Bergy, etc., and we have a very capable blueline in Kuli, Guds, Soupy, Petrovic, etc., but what we need is that #1 center that a team needs to contend for the cup. We have a chance to build something special here, something we havent had ever, and I believe that Mac is the missing piece that will make this team complete over the next few years.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:12 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
We also got Matheson and Robak coming up in the future, and I would rather draft a defenseman 31st. I just wouldnt like drafting a defenseman 1st overall, look at Erik Johnson for example (among other top drafted defensemen). Defensemen are harder to predict at this age, thats why its easier to find good defensemen later in the draft. Also defensemen take longer to develop, thats also a major factor to why defensemen are hard to predict at this stage. Jones might be something different, but we have tons of defensemen, and we need a star forward along with Huberdeau.

I think its more likely that Tallon trades down to #2 or maybe even #3, than taking Jones to be honest.

MacKinnon all the way for me, or I will be a bit disappointed.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:15 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

EDIT: or, on the other hand, would you be willing to trade the 1st for Couturier + 8th overall.
No and no.

Trading that far down would be a massive mistake IMO, and Couturier doesnt add the difference between 1st and 8th overall. We need quality, not quantity. We got tons of prospects, and we're just missing that elite forward IMO.

And it would cost more than Couturier to get Kulikov. Kulikov has been by far the best defenseman this year IMO, even though he makes mistakes at times. If we trade Kulikov it would be to upgrade our top6. A player like Bobby Ryan is something I could trade Kulikov for. But to me, Kulikov will only leave for a massive overpayment or as a piece in a package to upgrade the top6.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:41 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
We also got Matheson and Robak coming up in the future, and I would rather draft a defenseman 31st. I just wouldnt like drafting a defenseman 1st overall, look at Erik Johnson for example (among other top drafted defensemen). Defensemen are harder to predict at this age, thats why its easier to find good defensemen later in the draft. Also defensemen take longer to develop, thats also a major factor to why defensemen are hard to predict at this stage. Jones might be something different, but we have tons of defensemen, and we need a star forward along with Huberdeau.

I think its more likely that Tallon trades down to #2 or maybe even #3, than taking Jones to be honest.

MacKinnon all the way for me, or I will be a bit disappointed.
I agree. We dont have a future #1 Dman, but we have a very good top four, and good depth overall, and whatever else we need, Tallon can add via free agency or trade. This franchise was battered, bruised, destroyed, ridiculed for nearly all its existence, and that began to change once Tallon was hired. We keep hearing about this blueprint, we see the work he has made, the steps that this team has taken, since his arrival, and I think this draft is what completes this team. I think this draft is as critical as the hiring of Tallon, and can take us right to the end of that tunnel. We have our future goaltender, we have a capable defensive core, we have Huberdeau, and complimentary pieces all over at forward, its time to add that missing piece. I know that Mac isnt Crosby, and more than likely never reach that status, but he is a very good prospect that will take this teams prospect pool, and forward depth, from good to great. Jones and Drouin could turn out to be better than Mac, but Mac is what this team needs. I would be a more than a "bit" dissapointed if his name wasnt called when we its our time to choose.

Quote:
No and no.

Trading that far down would be a massive mistake IMO, and Couturier doesnt add the difference between 1st and 8th overall. We need quality, not quantity. We got tons of prospects, and we're just missing that elite forward IMO.

And it would cost more than Couturier to get Kulikov. Kulikov has been by far the best defenseman this year IMO, even though he makes mistakes at times. If we trade Kulikov it would be to upgrade our top6. A player like Bobby Ryan is something I could trade Kulikov for. But to me, Kulikov will only leave for a massive overpayment or as a piece in a package to upgrade the top6.
Why not just pick Mac and keep Kuli, since it pretty much solves our need up front. Im sure that is what you mean.

Old
04-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
I agree. We dont have a future #1 Dman, but we have a very good top four, and good depth overall, and whatever else we need, Tallon can add via free agency or trade. This franchise was battered, bruised, destroyed, ridiculed for nearly all its existence, and that began to change once Tallon was hired. We keep hearing about this blueprint, we see the work he has made, the steps that this team has taken, since his arrival, and I think this draft is what completes this team. I think this draft is as critical as the hiring of Tallon, and can take us right to the end of that tunnel. We have our future goaltender, we have a capable defensive core, we have Huberdeau, and complimentary pieces all over at forward, its time to add that missing piece. I know that Mac isnt Crosby, and more than likely never reach that status, but he is a very good prospect that will take this teams prospect pool, and forward depth, from good to great. Jones and Drouin could turn out to be better than Mac, but Mac is what this team needs. I would be a more than a "bit" dissapointed if his name wasnt called when we its our time to choose.

Why not just pick Mac and keep Kuli, since it pretty much solves our need up front. Im sure that is what you mean.
Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. This is the final piece moving forward, the top pick in this draft. This is the piece that could make us not just to be a perennial playoff team, but a perennial championship contender.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Avs lose. They only have 4 games left, and two are against the Blues. They will probably finish 30th. Which is fine. There's almost a 50% chance either us or them will get the #1 pick, and the Avs would take Jones if given the chance.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Tank update:

Calgary wins

Nashville loses in overtime

Colorado loses

-ghoste

Old
04-19-2013, 10:39 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Avs lose. They only have 4 games left, and two are against the Blues. They will probably finish 30th. Which is fine. There's almost a 50% chance either us or them will get the #1 pick, and the Avs would take Jones if given the chance.
Calgary gets two points and the Predators also pick up a point today.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
They are up on us by three. I'm really only worried about tomorrow's game against New Jersey and the last game of the season against Tampa Bay. If the Devils can beat us, then there's a great chance we have 30th locked up.

The Devils broke their losing streak against Philly the other night and I've read that Kovalchuk might be able to play. There's a couple of positives.

-ghoste

Old
04-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
Calgary gets two points and the Predators also pick up a point today.
Yeah it is pretty much down to us and Colorado for last, in all reality. Like I said, there's almost a 50% chance we will draft MacKinnon whether we finish 30th or 29th.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
They are up on us by three. I'm really only worried about tomorrow's game against New Jersey and the last game of the season against Tampa Bay. If the Devils can beat us, then there's a great chance we have 30th locked up.

-ghoste
I can see us beating the Devils and Bolts(both teams have been lousy lately as well), and maybe ekeing out another point or two. And the Avs not getting another point.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

The Devils broke their losing streak against Philly the other night and I've read that Kovalchuk might be able to play. There's a couple of positives.

-ghoste
Yeah I know, but Philly is pretty bad too. We'll see. I actually want Marky to get at least one more win this season so I'll be rooting for our boys tomorrow.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Yeah I know, but Philly is pretty bad too. We'll see. I actually want Marky to get at least one more win this season so I'll be rooting for our boys tomorrow.
I can settle with one more win, but I'm good if we don't. Haha

I just really want that last spot because I'm not comfortable with the lottery. I can just see us losing the lottery to a BS team and sliding to 29th.

-ghoste

Closed Thread