HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Sheahan vs Coyle

Old
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Seems to have been a wake up call for Sheahan.

On the flip side, have we ever figured out why Coyle left BU?

The rumors swirled around that for a while and it wasn't just his choice if I remember right. Ran with the crowd of guys that kept getting in trouble was a team wide problem, Nicastro won't talk about it to the media in GR either.
Whether it's true or not, I think he gave the "focus more on hockey" reason.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Seems to have been a wake up call for Sheahan.

On the flip side, have we ever figured out why Coyle left BU?

The rumors swirled around that for a while and it wasn't just his choice if I remember right. Ran with the crowd of guys that kept getting in trouble was a team wide problem, Nicastro won't talk about it to the media in GR either.
I heard rumblings that academic issues had something to do with it, but I stress that these are unsubstantiated rumors.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:55 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I heard rumblings that academic issues had something to do with it, but I stress that these are unsubstantiated rumors.
“Charlie has decided that he would like to focus on beginning his professional hockey career,” BU coach Jack Parker said via press release. “We respect his decision and certainly wish him all the best in the future.”

The sophomore's departure was first reported by U.S. Hockey Report yesterday morning, which said Coyle’s departure was “supposedly due to academic issues.” Coyle, in a text message to The Daily Free Press said this afternoon, "He was not failing out."

^ from Boston Globe

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post
“Charlie has decided that he would like to focus on beginning his professional hockey career,” BU coach Jack Parker said via press release. “We respect his decision and certainly wish him all the best in the future.”

The sophomore's departure was first reported by U.S. Hockey Report yesterday morning, which said Coyle’s departure was “supposedly due to academic issues.” Coyle, in a text message to The Daily Free Press said this afternoon, "He was not failing out."

^ from Boston Globe
....and there you go. My insider friend in New England was just reading the paper.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshoe82 View Post
the sophomore's departure was first reported by u.s. Hockey report yesterday morning, which said coyle’s departure was “supposedly due to academic issues.” coyle, in a text message to the daily free press said this afternoon, "i are not falling skewl."
ftfy.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:49 AM
blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post

^ from Boston Globe
Wonder what took longer to decipher.....Coyle's term paper or Sheahan's drunklish with the cops?

Poll time??

blink is offline   Reply With Quote