HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Riley Sheahan!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  #1
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,134
vCash: 925
Riley Sheahan!

Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3 min
Wings have recalled forward Riley Sheahan from Grand Rapids.
Awesome news. Can't wait to see the kid play.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
  #2
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
Who is he up for?

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
  #3
Detroit Sports*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Who is he up for?
Hopefully Cleary. We need to call up Tatar for good.

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:21 PM
  #4
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,134
vCash: 925
Quote:
George Malik ‏@georgemalik 1 min
On FSD, Babcock said that he was worried that Zetterberg re-tweaked his groin. The Riley Sheahan recall gives the Wings 13 warm bodies.
Better not be just healthy scratch..

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #5
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings
 
VladTheImpaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Awesome news. Hopefully he gets more than 1 game with a measely 9 minutes of ice time.

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
  #6
Henkka
Registered User
 
Henkka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lempäälä, Finland
Posts: 12,432
vCash: 500
I gotta hate our management with all these youth movement.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:27 PM
  #7
BinCookin
Registered User
 
BinCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 500
Looks like Holland is "Seeing what he has" with alot of these young kids. It is like he wants to play 10-11 rookies but not all at once.

I really hope offseason time we will get a better direction for this organization. I do not expect much out of Sheahan.

BinCookin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
  #8
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Would of preferred Tatar if our goal is to make the playoffs but can't be mad at this.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:41 PM
  #9
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 13,894
vCash: 500
Even if Z is ready to go, I'd replace Cleary or Emmerton with Sheahan. Wouldn't hurt.

But I think Z sits next game since Backes is going to go absolutely ape**** on his ass.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:43 PM
  #10
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,320
vCash: 500
if Z is healthy, sheahan has to go down. the wings cannot recall anyone anymore unless it's an emergency call up AFAIK. kenny said that around the deadline.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:44 PM
  #11
cupforwings09
Registered User
 
cupforwings09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
The only way they can call somebody up is on an emergency basis. So, although its exciting to get him up here, it actually sucks because it means Zetterberg might not play. We need Hank bad for Sunday.

cupforwings09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  #12
Detroit Sports*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
The only way they can call somebody up is on an emergency basis. So, although its exciting to get him up here, it actually sucks because it means Zetterberg might not play. We need Hank bad for Sunday.
I don't understand why Sheahan over Tatar.I know he is bigger but Tomas is a better scorer.

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:53 PM
  #13
cupforwings09
Registered User
 
cupforwings09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
I don't understand why Sheahan over Tatar.I know he is bigger but Tomas is a better scorer.
Holland and Babcock are really high on Sheahan. I remember reading and article recently where Babs or Holland was saying they want to get Sheahan up for some games. In the long run, Sheahan has the chance to be a lot more valuable then Tatar.

cupforwings09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #14
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
Looks like Holland is "Seeing what he has" with alot of these young kids. It is like he wants to play 10-11 rookies but not all at once.

I really hope offseason time we will get a better direction for this organization. I do not expect much out of Sheahan.
Better direction:

Datsyuk - Nyquist - Bertuzzi
Zetterberg - Brunner - Filppula
Helm - Tatar - Abdelkader
Andersson - Tootoo - Miller/Emmerton

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Smith
Quincey - Kindl/Lashoff

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  #15
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
I don't understand why Sheahan over Tatar.I know he is bigger but Tomas is a better scorer.
If I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg was playing at center and now that he is probably injured that means we need to call up someone who can play center. But I'm just guessing of course.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:17 PM
  #16
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,514
vCash: 500
If he plays at the expense of Z I'm not so excited over this. He's earned a call up anyway.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:24 PM
  #17
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Better not be just healthy scratch..
Are you serious? If Riley is in, then Z isn't. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a lineup with Z in it over a lineup with Sheahan in it if the two are mutually exclusive.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:24 PM
  #18
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17,966
vCash: 500
Babcock said he "wanted to get a look at him." Which shouldn't shock anyone. Babcock loves to look at guys who are 6'2", 215lbs.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
  #19
Heaton
Moderator
Holland = nomorecups
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 20,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Babcock said he "wanted to get a look at him." Which shouldn't shock anyone. Babcock loves to look at guys who are 6'2", 215lbs.
And he's a 1st round pick from a few years ago.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  #20
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Zetterberg was playing at center and now that he is probably injured that means we need to call up someone who can play center. But I'm just guessing of course.
Zetterberg has been out before, and we still have 5 guys who can/have recently played center.

Pavel, Filppula, Andy, Emmerton, (Abby)

I'd almost guarantee that Sheahan was called up instead of Tatar because we're playing St. Louis, and Babcock is planning on going with a boring, defensive, grind it out game. Which means we'll probably be shutout.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:33 PM
  #21
Detroit Sports*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Better direction:

Datsyuk - Nyquist - Bertuzzi
Zetterberg - Brunner - Filppula
Helm - Tatar - Abdelkader
Andersson - Tootoo - Miller/Emmerton

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Smith
Quincey - Kindl/Lashoff
I have no problem with this.But no Cleary so it won't happen

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
  #22
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats
 
Kronwalled55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
He played well in his one game with the big club. If I remember correctly, he took a couple early penalties though.

For a guy that hasn't been known for his scoring touch, he does have 16 goals with the Griffs this season.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:36 PM
  #23
Detroit Sports*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
He played well in his one game with the big club. If I remember correctly, he took a couple early penalties though.

For a guy that hasn't been known for his scoring touch, he does have 16 goals with the Griffs this season.
I remember his one game.I didn't see much form an opinion one way or the other.

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM
  #24
Heaton
Moderator
Holland = nomorecups
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 20,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Zetterberg has been out before, and we still have 5 guys who can/have recently played center.

Pavel, Filppula, Andy, Emmerton, (Abby)

I'd almost guarantee that Sheahan was called up instead of Tatar because we're playing St. Louis, and Babcock is planning on going with a boring, defensive, grind it out game. Which means we'll probably be shutout.
We've also already seen Tatar this year, give Sheahan a chance.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
  #25
rx7dryver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Everyone is going to throw a hissy when they realize that Gustav is going to be healthy scratch next game

rx7dryver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.