HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are Leafs fans the worst in the NHL?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:57 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Yes, leaf fans are 100% the worst fans in the NHL.

But for entirely different reasons than what the OP is suggesting.

The 'good' leaf fans are the ones that are critical of the pathetic organization. Not the ones blindly defending it.

The leafs are the richest team in the league with dramatic financial advantages over a substantial amount of the competition (even with the cap), yet still have the longest cup AND playoff drought.

If the leafs had 'good' fans, EVERY thread on this forum would be negative. EVERY fan should be utterly irate, posting entirely in all caps, wih bolded lettering.

Fans should be booing the team the very SECOND the team steps on the ice, till the very moment they leave. Even when we score... Even when we win a game (I know it's rare), we should boo.

Good leaf fans would be throwing waffles on the ice every possible second. Not just at home, but on the road. W have such a big fan base that we could do this. We should make the entire sport unplayable due to waffles. We should throw waffles at players on the street, at the acc at all times, at the leafs bus, and at the players families.

These are things that "good" fans would do.

Unfortunately, Toronto is full of terrible fans who blindly cheer and make excuses for he inexcusable.
So yes... The leafs DEFINITELY have te worst fans in the NHL.
This is either the most hilariously pathetic or geniusly satirical thing I've ever read on here.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Urban Explorer*

We're about to pass montreal in posts. Only short by about 2000. I guess that makes us the best fans on HFboards!

Urban Explorer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Darcy Tucker

I really hope we win our next game or things are going to get ugly

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM

Far from the worst. In fact with what we've had to put up with, I'd say we're the best fans in the NHL.

More like the most frustrated fans.

2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Count Von Grabo*

No. lol @ op.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 1775
Quote:

The 'good' leaf fans are the ones that are critical of the pathetic organization. Not the ones blindly defending it.

The leafs are the richest team in the league with dramatic financial advantages over a substantial amount of the competition (even with the cap), yet still have the longest cup AND playoff drought.

If the leafs had 'good' fans, EVERY thread on this forum would be negative. EVERY fan should be utterly irate, posting entirely in all caps, wih bolded lettering.

Fans should be booing the team the very SECOND the team steps on the ice, till the very moment they leave. Even when we score... Even when we win a game (I know it's rare), we should boo.

Good leaf fans would be throwing waffles on the ice every possible second. Not just at home, but on the road. W have such a big fan base that we could do this. We should make the entire sport unplayable due to waffles. We should throw waffles at players on the street, at the acc at all times, at the leafs bus, and at the players families.

Unfortunately, Toronto is full of terrible fans who blindly cheer and make excuses for he inexcusable.
Do you even know what the definition of a fan is? If you look it up, it's pretty much the exact opposite of what you just said. You're making my point for me. This is the exact subgroup I was speaking about in my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Gardiner View Post
No. lol @ op.
Great argument.

Last edited by Leafidelity: 01-29-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:42 AM
The_Chosen_One

The Leafs are the biggest franchise in the NHL. Due to their greater fun base, there is simply going to be more whingers amongst fans than other teams.

The truth is the Leafs have improved tremendously from a line up that consisted on Antropov, Wellwood, Stajan, to one with Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Grabs, JVR, Kadri and the rest. It's pretty obvious that the new coaching is taking time to adjust too. We're just five games in, the Leafs are not out of the playoffs, and performance levels will improve. The Leafs were able to beat the Penguins 5-2, potential certainly exists.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
I have no problem with Leaf fans being critical; however, there needs to be an emphasis on validity, of which, more often than not, there is none.

I still think, though, that raising concern (even if not valid) is better than passively sitting back and being optimistic because it is in your nature to be so, or something.

The way the franchise has been managed leading to its current state is extremely poor and does call for genuine concern. For one, I still cannot understand how the highest paid front office in hockey, with not one, but at least three general managers, can be so off-base at times. This criticism can be extended to the scouting staff as well.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:22 AM
DaveT83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
This is either the most hilariously pathetic or geniusly satirical thing I've ever read on here.
You remind me of the guy who stands at the back yelling stuff during a fight.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Tak7

Most Leafs fans are pathetic.

They are unreasonable in their criticism (listen to what many have been saying about Kessel and Phaneuf over the past few days).

They are hypocritical (LET'S BE PATIENT WITH OUR YOUTH, BUT GET ANGRY WHEN OUR YOUNG PLAYERS AREN'T THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST).

They rip apart all and every player on the roster, regardless of validity (That Liles absolutely sucks - even though he's coming back from concussion and is still finding his timing), and yet aren't afraid to completely over value their players when it comes to trades (Liles + Komisarek + 7th round pick should be a good price for Rick Nash).

Come on.

When you get targetted by one fan base, or a few fan bases, it's rivalry.

But when most of the league views your fans as the laughing stock, it's time to clue in.

It's what makes the decent, level-headed, well informed fans such a rare breed

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:29 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
"without first round draft picks"

Kadri,Rielly,Biggs and Percy aren't first round draft picks?4 drafts,4 first rounders.
Don't worry. Those guys just ignorethe truth unless it supports their p.o.v.

Quote:

Keep leading the charge.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post

They are unreasonable in their criticism (listen to what many have been saying about Kessel and Phaneuf over the past few days).

They are hypocritical (LET'S BE PATIENT WITH OUR YOUTH, BUT GET ANGRY WHEN OUR YOUNG PLAYERS AREN'T THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST).

They rip apart all and every player on the roster, regardless of validity (That Liles absolutely sucks - even though he's coming back from concussion and is still finding his timing), and yet aren't afraid to completely over value their players when it comes to trades (Liles + Komisarek + 7th round pick should be a good price for Rick Nash).

Come on.

But when most of the league views your fans as the laughing stock, it's time to clue in.

Everyone here is reading this thinking they're the well informed breed.

anyway, eloquently said.

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:16 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:

Come on.

Leaf fans are the laughing stock of the entire league for 1 reason an one reason only...
Dramatically. Over. Rating. Their. Team. Players. And. Prospects.
(or does that count as 3 reasons?)

To suggest that it's any other reason is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on these forums.

I mean, over the past few months, I've read over and over and over again about how Burke 'restocked our cupboards' and had acquired elite prospects'.

Then all of the prospect rankings came out and the leafs were ranked aroun 20th by ALL OF THEM.

Now... I've noticed that every other fan base that was ranked low complained about THEIR GM!!!

But leaf fans?
They complained about THE PROFESSIONAL SCOUTS THAT MADE THE LISTS!!!!!!!!

Do you see the difference? Out of every sports fans in the league, I think only leaf fans would do something so stupid.

And that is an example of why leaf fans are mocked league wide. Not all the nonsense quoted above me.

Disgruntled Observer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:28 AM
lampshade*

We're not the greatest but the sunbelt and Dallas/Arizona fans take this title, lack of knowledge being only one reason.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:23 AM
vipergtx18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
We're about to pass montreal in posts. Only short by about 2000. I guess that makes us the best fans on HFboards!
Not when all the posts are demoralizing the team. but A for effort. P.S learn to stick with you team through the good and bad. even if your suffering a decade long playoff drought

vipergtx18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:

Come on.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthis

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:31 AM
CocoPops

I think people are just frustrated that it's the Maple Leafs, synonymous with hockey. When people around the world think of the NHL, especially in the UK where I live, Toronto Maple Leafs is always one of the first to come to mind, a member of the original six, despite all these things, the Leafs have not been relevant for so long, not even making the playoffs.

The fans have lost their patience. Once that happens, then criticism comes thick and fast, patience for young players to develop becomes lost etc etc, this is what has happened to Leafs fans, looking in as an outsider

CocoPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:49 AM
MajorityRules
Sior Gaisgeil

Quote:

Come on.

Good post, sounds like you've been posting here for awhile lol.

MajorityRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:12 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
You remind me of the guy who stands at the back yelling stuff during a fight.
I'm fine with that. Please, continue punching each other in the face like a bunch of 12 year olds.

As an aside, you remid of that guy on HF who never contributes anything remotely meaningful to discussions.

Wait.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:35 PM
nsleaf

Some Leafs fans seem to have a sense of entitlement, living on ancient history that no longer has any relevance today.

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Leafs03

We are considered the worst fans cause theres so many delusional fans who think bunch of 3rd 4th lines are going to make the playoffs and win us a cup. Like come on, i was playing poker with some friends and friends friends and they all were saying that Kostka is a solid top pairing and ****.. So stupid. We have no good players, blow the team up and rebuild and 3-4 years from now we won't make topics like these. This team isn't going to get anywhere with 3rd lines... Trade everyone but our young guys for picks and lets rebuild..We might have the biggest fan base in nhl but 40% of them actually have a clue about hockey, the rest just cheer and probably don't even understand it...

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
We are considered the worst fans cause theres so many delusional fans who think bunch of 3rd 4th lines are going to make the playoffs and win us a cup. Like come on, i was playing poker with some friends and friends friends and they all were saying that Kostka is a solid top pairing and ****.. So stupid. We have no good players, blow the team up and rebuild and 3-4 years from now we won't make topics like these. This team isn't going to get anywhere with 3rd lines... Trade everyone but our young guys for picks and lets rebuild..We might have the biggest fan base in nhl but 40% of them actually have a clue about hockey, the rest just cheer and probably don't even understand it...
That's just not true. Please show me a single serious post that predicts this team will win a cup.
As far as the rest of your diatribe, we've heard it all before. Picks, picks and more picks.....the simple, magical solution to all the problems.
I don't think you should passing judgement on who has a clue and who doesn't.

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Leaf fans are the laughing stock of the entire league for 1 reason an one reason only...

To suggest that it's any other reason is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on these forums.

And that is an example of why leaf fans are mocked league wide. Not all the nonsense quoted above me.
Careful - it's almost as if you didn't read any of the post you intend to criticize:

Quote:

They rip apart all and every player on the roster, regardless of validity, and yet aren't afraid to completely over value their players when it comes to trades
Must have missed that part, huh? Sounds pretty similar to the post you made? The very point you claim was "nonsense?"

1 - "Nonsense quoted above" just happens to be the same thing you posted. Did you forget that part?

2 - If my post was the most ridiculous thing you've EVER read on these forums, as you suggest, I recommend you do more reading of these forums Perhaps start with reading posts you intend to respond to, criticize, and then simply re-state.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Quote:

I mean, over the past few months, I've read over and over and over again about how Burke 'restocked our cupboards' and had acquired elite prospects'.

Then all of the prospect rankings came out and the leafs were ranked aroun 20th by ALL OF THEM.

Now... I've noticed that every other fan base that was ranked low complained about THEIR GM!!!

But leaf fans?
They complained about THE PROFESSIONAL SCOUTS THAT MADE THE LISTS!!!!!!!!

Do you see the difference? Out of every sports fans in the league, I think only leaf fans would do something so stupid.

You know what? You're totally right. We are the only fanbase that does this. We are always bowing at the feet of our team's stars Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf saying they can do no wrong and this overvaluing makes us bad fans!

There's only one course of action: We must trade all our players for the crap they are REALLY worth around the league (like any objective person would), fire everyone currently in management and start from scratch. Then, next year, when we suck again we can fire all the new people's ***** and trade everyone again!

If this doesn't happen, we must throw crap on the ice and complain loudly on the streets until it happens! This is what good fans would do! WE WOULD BE LEGEND!

But seriously, I don't know what's worse - those that overrate Leaf players and prospects, or the counter movement to completely under rate them both by other fans teams and by our own. Its sad really.

I just want a good Leaf team again. This is beyond ridiculous now. We're approaching 10 years of futility and its staggering. The fact that the team still has such a loyal fanbase indicates we are great fans. Stupid, maybe, but cheering your team on despite the crap that surrounds it is the meaning of being a fan. Call the Leafs the blindest fans in the league and you have an arguement. Call them the worst....no.

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Yes.

http://www.facebook.com/torontomapleleafs

Skim the comment sections.

/argumentover

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote