HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Crosby back down to Earth?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 450
Crosby has been slow to start. The biggest thing I noticed is his skating, he doesn't have his legs at 100%, clearly, and his skating is a big part of his game. Top that with Kunitz playing like the Coon, and you have a mere PPG start for him so far this year.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 500
I just get the feeling that this thread will be bumped back up... later in the season, and no, it will not be by the OP.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI Flyers10 View Post
Just curious, but do Penguins fans not realize that Malkin's nickname is "Gino" and not "Geno"?
His official Twitter, where he himself, spells it "Geno"...

Not sure why that bothers you so much.

And any Crosby thread turns into a bunch of Crosby haters that say he sucks or hop on the whole "he's not the best player on his team anymore" and forget to mention he's also missed a crap load of games because of an injury as well. But hey, to each their own...as lame as that is.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:24 PM
SteelFish87*

his linemates are definitely hurting him

Kunitz is playing the worst hockey of his career

Old
01-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Human
cynic

LOL at this thread.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyYourTheDevils View Post
I can't help but think you have an agenda.

Anyways, Crosby has been the best player in the league for a long time. And as has been shown, he's a notoriously slow starter. If he only has 20 points half way through the season I think then maybe you can start threads like this. 1 week into the season though?
No he hasn't... stop eating what TSN feeds you.

I don't count the years he was hurt because well.. he was hurt.

Before that he was often getting outscored by Malkin and Ovechkin and even a Sedin...

Old
01-27-2013, 08:53 PM
WarriorofTime

How dare anyone question 1 time Art Ross Trophy winner Sidney Crosby's status as the greatest scorer since Gretzky.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:53 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

He scored a nice goal in the shootout tonight. The talent is still there and he has 5 points in 5 games. Not dominating but he can pick it up. He was over PPG last year after his return too. Malkin isn't lighting it up either. Pittsburgh has been slack on offense so far this year. Getting him a winger would help.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
How dare anyone question 1 time Art Ross Trophy winner Sidney Crosby's status as the greatest scorer since Gretzky.
I consider 41 game sample (along with all the others.. like last season) enough for me to judge a player. When he's played, he's been the best player. Now, if you're talking about durability, yeah...you got an argument there.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
I thought the lockout helped him. Some saying he didn't play hurt him?

The extra time I figured would be more time for any remaining issues to clear.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:58 PM
nowhereman

You should have stopped writing after the first sentence of your post. It's the first week of the season. When has Crosby ever come out the gate on fire? And, on top of that, the guy hasn't played competitive hockey in nine months.

Make this thread thirty or so games into the season and maybe you've got a point. Until then, you can bet that Chicago is not going to go undefeated, Marleau is not going to score 96 goals in 48 games, and Ovechkin will have more than 20 points.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:59 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
I consider 41 game sample (along with all the others.. like last season) enough for me to judge a player. When he's played, he's been the best player. Now, if you're talking about durability, yeah...you got an argument there.
We don't know if the pace Crosby sustained over 22 games last year could have been sustained over 82 games. My guess is probably not as even the best players tend to go through slumps at some point over the long season. Malkin was the best player in the league last year.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
No he hasn't... stop eating what TSN feeds you.

I don't count the years he was hurt because well.. he was hurt.

Before that he was often getting outscored by Malkin and Ovechkin and even a Sedin...
I don't watch or read TSN, but thanks for jumping to conclusions.

Crosby has been the best player in the world for some time now, I don't need stats to tell me that. If you think stats tell the whole story then its really not even worth reading your posts, but apparently thats all you know how to do. Which explains this thread . . .

I'll take a player who consistently puts up 100+ point seasons while playing both sides of the ice over a triggerman who can't even spell backcheck.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
TertiaryAssist

Imagine how awesome Geno would be if he didn't turn the puck over in the neutral zone every other shift.

I'm serious, by the way. I've never seen a player as gifted and careless with the puck at the same time.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI Flyers10 View Post
Just curious, but do Penguins fans not realize that Malkin's nickname is "Gino" and not "Geno"?
Just curious, where do Flyers fans come up with this sort of nonsense?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
BUFSABES1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Crosby is so overrated.. He's the second-best player on his own team and a top 5 player in the NHL tho.
winner, winner chicken dinner.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
redwingsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Truth.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
8Bing7

lol he and his linemates didnt play during the lockout and dupuis and esp kunitz look sloppy. He is perfectly fine he set up people about 3 times today for goals and all of them couldnt finish.

its been 5 games hes fine

Old
01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
8Bing7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind
Crosby is so overrated.. He's the second-best player on his own team and a top 5 player in the NHL tho.
lol

Old
01-27-2013, 10:14 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyYourTheDevils View Post
I don't watch or read TSN, but thanks for jumping to conclusions.

Crosby has been the best player in the world for some time now, I don't need stats to tell me that. If you think stats tell the whole story then its really not even worth reading your posts, but apparently thats all you know how to do. Which explains this thread . . .

I'll take a player who consistently puts up 100+ point seasons while playing both sides of the ice over a triggerman who can't even spell backcheck.
You talk as if Crosby is some defensive guru.. his play in his own end has always just been average at best... Datsyuk he is not.

Ovechkin was clearly better his sheer complete dominance at goal scoring and physical play give him the edge for sure.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:16 PM
redwingsrock

To actually add value to the thread, I am sure Crosby will pick it up. That being said I have never once even considered Crosby to be the best in the game. Him and Malkin both lack the composure that the true great players have. I noticed it in the '08 playoffs, and it was amplified times 50 in last years playoffs. They are extremely offensively talented players but sometimes they act like....children for lack of a better description.

Crosby's talent with Callahan's composure and leadership....Now you are talking best player in the NHL.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:27 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
To actually add value to the thread, I am sure Crosby will pick it up. That being said I have never once even considered Crosby to be the best in the game. Him and Malkin both lack the composure that the true great players have. I noticed it in the '08 playoffs, and it was amplified times 50 in last years playoffs. They are extremely offensively talented players but sometimes they act like....children for lack of a better description.

Crosby's talent with Callahan's composure and leadership....Now you are talking best player in the NHL.
If only he could be more like Datsyuk.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
What's so wrong with that?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
redwingsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
He'd be more fun to watch, that's for sure!

...but not what I was getting at...at all. However, I could see how you could confuse "Callahan" for "Datsyuk".

Old
01-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post

yes, because we all know there was a black hole between 2008 and 2012...

somehow you forgot the 2009 playoffs, and I bet you expect people to take you seriously...

Closed Thread