Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Royal Rumble GDT pt 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 11:33 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 233
Well, it's gonna be hard convincing people it wasn't The Shield.

01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Oh well. We are just trying to make **** up that wasn't plausible from the first place.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:42 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Always positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Hey, you have fun with your online girlfriend in HFWF, buddy.
He's being catfished

Old
01-27-2013, 11:44 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
He's being catfished
You're that backstage HFWF worker feeding info to Meltzer!

Old
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Always positive

Quote:
You're that backstage HFWF worker feeding info to Meltzer!
or i'm the one catfishing him

Old
01-28-2013, 12:24 AM
M.C.G. 31

Big E Langston @BigELangston
Now accepting bookings as interviewer/news anchor. Please send to @Matt_Striker_ . We now have an "understanding."

Old
01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Finally got back (after transportation issues and getting a late meal) and all I can say is WOW! What a night! It is definitely better being at a live event than watching on TV. You get the full experience with the crowd, the entrances, everything.

The preshow match was entertaining and a good way to start off. Cesaro displayed some nice moves and got a decent pop. The Miz came out to a pretty good sized face pop and held his own in the ring.

The WHC match was entertaining to say the least. Seeing Hart there was cool too. Overall, the match was very well-paced and had some nice spots, including Ricardo being thrown into the barricade and when ADR went through the table.

Tag team title match was good as well, though I thought Rhodes Scholas would win, I'm happy with the outcome. I wish it had been a bit longer though.

The Rumble was fun, might be the most fun I've ever had at an event. I marked HARD for Jericho. He EASILY got the biggest pop of the night (more than The Rock, Cena, Orton, anybody) Goldust and The Godfather (he actually showed up! ) were nice surprises as well. The match itself was fun and entertaining, and actually booked quite nicely. Of course Cena won because...well...CenaWins.jpg. But, I didn't realize that Ryback was No. 30. There was no display for the entrant number anywhere in the arena.

But, because the Rumble was so good, I felt that the WWE Title match was a letdown. For all the **** Cena gets on here and from the IWC for his moveset, The Rock isn't all that great either. It seemed like Punk was carrying him through most of the fight and was doing most of the heavy lifting. Then, The Shield came out and even though we couldn't "see" them, camera bulbs were flashing a million times a minute and Reigns screamed that typical Samoan scream. I didn't like the ending though, after the restart. Once the restart came, I knew right away "Well, prepare for Rock to win!" I was disappointed in that...not that Rocky won, but the fashion.

Overall, I give the PPV a 7.5/10. It was definitely one of the funnest experiences I've ever had...ever.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:51 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Well, it's gonna be hard convincing people it wasn't The Shield.

I'm confused...if the arena actually went dark how was that captured so clearly? am i missing something?

Old
01-28-2013, 12:53 AM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I'm confused...if the arena actually went dark how was that captured, am i missing something?
Well as Murdocktor said, there were tons of things flashing. I even saw the commentators during the ordeal on my TV and The Rock being hoisted up for the powerbomb. So it was easy to catch the slip if you paused it at the right moment.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:31 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

And sorry guys. I tried my best to get the #HFWF sign on TV, but I wasn't at a very good angle for the cameras.

And I'm glad a lot of people here appreciated the crowd. We were very into it, and I'm not just saying that. Good pops all the way around and good back-and-forths as well.

Another thing I have to say is that HOT DAMN! The pyro is loud. Funnily enough, the pyro that off near the stage was louder to me than the pyro that came when Cena pointed to the WM29 logo, which I was MUCH CLOSER to.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
And sorry guys. I tried my best to get the #HFWF sign on TV, but I wasn't at a very good angle for the cameras.

And I'm glad a lot of people here appreciated the crowd. We were very into it, and I'm not just saying that. Good pops all the way around and good back-and-forths as well.

Another thing I have to say is that HOT DAMN! The pyro is loud. Funnily enough, the pyro that off near the stage was louder to me than the pyro that came when Cena pointed to the WM29 logo, which I was MUCH CLOSER to.
Yeah, the pyro scared the **** out of my younger cousin when we went to Raw in Montreal. Kofi Kingston's pyro came and he jumped, Kane's pyro came up and his exact words were "ahhh, I think I just **** my pants."

Old
01-28-2013, 01:42 AM
M.C.G. 31

Rewatched the show and made some changes to my ratings for the matches:

Last Man Standing: Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show - ***1/4
Tag Team Championships: Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars - **
Royal Rumble Match - ***3/4
WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. The Rock - ****

I initially had the LMS match at ***1/2, but it's really not that. It's not better than their Smackdown Last Man Standing match, really. Their Smackdown match was much more engaging and grabbed your attention. This one was still good, but not on the level of their Smackdown match, which I have at ***1/2.

I had the tag team championship match at **3/4, but on second watch, it's just a meh match. These teams have done better with each other. They really should have put the titles on Rhodes Scholars here.

The rumble match rating and WWE Championship match rating stayed the same. The Rumble match was WAAAY better than last years, which I believe I had at a **3/4 or ***.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:40 AM
BGDDYKWL

Jericho being there really made the Rumble. Glad that wasn't leaked (at least I didn't hear about it, so it was a surprise for me). I'm glad The Rock won obviously because I hate Punk, but there definitely should've been more after the restart. Rock beat him too easily.

What would've been an interesting angle would have been for The Shield to interfere tonight, cost Punk his title, and then ultimately we find out The Rock was in cahoots with The Shield the whole time. I feel like we haven't had a big swerve like that in a while.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:57 AM
AlanHUK
5-14-6-1

vCash: 822
I loved the PPV, watching them in bars gets a great atmosphere, though the broken glasses when Cena won was probably a little over the top from some people.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Royal Rumble is my favourite event.. and I was disappointed. I hate horrible booking.

The Royal Rumble was great, but I hate when it's predictable. Everyone knew Cena was winning months ago and they made it even more obvious with that Final-3. Sheamus won last year and has been doing nothing of importance for months. You knew he wasn't winning. Ryback is too new (and not over at all) so he wasn't winning. I would have had Cena, Jericho, Orton, and Ziggler as the Final-Four. Orton has been off TV enough that you think he could pull it out. Ziggler is the ultimate heel, which you need, to tell a good story. Jericho was having a Mr. Perfect 2002(3?) type Rumble. I don't care so much that Cena won but they cold have made it 100 times less obvious. One thing I loved is how this Rumble NEVER had downtime. I loved that the ring was always full and that there wasn't many quick eliminations. I hate quick eliminations in Rumble and Survivor Series matches. Jericho and Cena's performances were great. Kofi's bit was pretty funny although nothing will ever beat the year Shannon Moore kept Matt Hardy in. ****3/4

Del Rio vs Big Show was boring. The Bret Hart segment with Rodriguez before the match was more exciting than the entire match. Del Rio tried, but Big Show really is useless. Can't wait until he retires. The ending was fun enough though. *3/4

Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars was decent enough. Didn't get enough time for a truly great match, but it was still the best regular wrestling match on the card. Fun enough, but nothing to write home about ***

Rocky vs Punk... absolute trash. Just complete utter garbage. So much wrong with the booking, and Rocky going that long while wrestling once in a blue moon shows. Firstly, having the Rumble before this match? Stupid. Gave away the ending, even if most knew it was happening. Second, I ****ing DESPISE restarts. At least this one made a little more sense, due to pre-match stipulations, but I still hate them. (I really hate the restarts when someone cheats and the GM comes out to restart - why doesn't that happen all the time?). The pre-match stipulations are also stupid because it begs the question that why doesn't every match have a stipulation similar about interference? I hate ignoring the regular just to make a difference in the booking. Third, Rocky looked very meh. Ad is it me or have his promos been absolutely horrible lately? His promo before the match sounded like he was one solar system away from being Ultimate Warrior. **

Rumble is the saving grace, but only until the final 3. After it got down to 3, it was not very entertaining and way to predictable.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:17 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

To add to the Rumble... it makes for a great ending when someone unexpected wins. For instance.. the year HBK was chasing Taker down for the rematch. The Rumble was all about HBK winning and getting back to fight Taker. The whole build was about Shawn and he was insanely good during the Rumble match. However.. when Batista knocked him out, it was a great moment. The crowd was emotionally behind him but it wasn't boring writing. It made sense and then all unfolded in the coming months.

We needed that last night. I thought Cena put on a good show, but he needed go be eliminated and look broken up because he lost. That's a year of losing for him. It's not like you can't write him into main events in February or March. We have a crap load of time before WM.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:37 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
To add to the Rumble... it makes for a great ending when someone unexpected wins. For instance.. the year HBK was chasing Taker down for the rematch. The Rumble was all about HBK winning and getting back to fight Taker. The whole build was about Shawn and he was insanely good during the Rumble match. However.. when Batista knocked him out, it was a great moment. The crowd was emotionally behind him but it wasn't boring writing. It made sense and then all unfolded in the coming months.

We needed that last night. I thought Cena put on a good show, but he needed go be eliminated and look broken up because he lost. That's a year of losing for him. It's not like you can't write him into main events in February or March. We have a crap load of time before WM.
That's why I was hoping he wouldn't win it. Cena doesn't need to win anything in order to be gifted a title shot. Like you said though, plenty of time before WM for them to take things in a different direction or redeem themselves of that atrocious writing last night. Sadly, I just don't expect any major breakthroughs.

Rock/Cena II, Cena wins
Punk/Taker, Taker wins
HHH/Lesnar, Don't care who wins, the match will be horrible.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:58 AM
M4TR1X
@MajorLeeRix

I am was tempted to order the event but in the end I decided not to and I'm so glad I didn't. The results from the show disgruntle me as a fan.

While I'm losing interest by giving Rock this one last chance to shine by facing the WWE champion and knowing he won't stick around for long, they decide to give him the title.

To make matters worst, they let John Cena win the Royal Rumble.

So Wrestlemania is nice and predictable. Thanks WWE, I'm watching your product no more.

There is no way I'm going to watch a Cena/Rock II build up for the next 2 months. There is no way am I going to suffer through this atrocity that is suppose to be "wrestling."

Glad Punk reigned as champion as long as he did but it's too bad that it came to an end by losing to a movie star who loves to walk down the streets of Hollywood amongst all the actors that know NOTHING of wrestling.

Sorry for the hateful post but I am absolutely PISSED THE **** OFF!

Old
01-28-2013, 08:00 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn Shadow View Post
I am was tempted to order the event but in the end I decided not to and I'm so glad I didn't. The results from the show disgruntle me as a fan.

While I'm losing interest by giving Rock this one last chance to shine by facing the WWE champion and knowing he won't stick around for long, they decide to give him the title.

To make matters worst, they let John Cena win the Royal Rumble.

So Wrestlemania is nice and predictable. Thanks WWE, I'm watching your product no more.

There is no way I'm going to watch a Cena/Rock II build up for the next 2 months. There is no way am I going to suffer through this atrocity that is suppose to be "wrestling."

Glad Punk reigned as champion as long as he did but it's too bad that it came to an end by losing to a movie star who loves to walk down the streets of Hollywood amongst all the actors that know NOTHING of wrestling.

Sorry for the hateful post but I am absolutely PISSED THE **** OFF!
I think separating the event and the results is a must. The show was well worth every penny. The crowd was great and there wasn't a filler match at all. Everything was great. The show had that big event feel to it. It was great.

ADR/Show put on a fun all around the arena match with a cool spot. The tag division looked legit. The Rumble was AT LEAST a B+ before the final 3 gave it away.

Rock Punk just had a cheap ending.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Marf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I think separating the event and the results is a must. The show was well worth every penny. The crowd was great and there wasn't a filler match at all. Everything was great. The show had that big event feel to it. It was great.

ADR/Show put on a fun all around the arena match with a cool spot. The tag division looked legit. The Rumble was AT LEAST a B+ before the final 3 gave it away.

Rock Punk just had a cheap ending.
This for the win.

If anyone actually thought Cena wasn't going to win last night than you need to take a break before you have a meltdown because guess what, he's likely getting the belt put on him at WM.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Piper Mark

My 9 year old twins, who love wrestling, got up and walked away when the RR came down to the final 3. My son actually said 'Dad. We are sick of Cena. Why does he always keep winning?'

I showed him the cenawins.jpg and explained that Vinnie makes the decisions.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:05 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
That's why I was hoping he wouldn't win it. Cena doesn't need to win anything in order to be gifted a title shot. Like you said though, plenty of time before WM for them to take things in a different direction or redeem themselves of that atrocious writing last night. Sadly, I just don't expect any major breakthroughs.

Rock/Cena II, Cena wins
Punk/Taker, Taker wins
HHH/Lesnar, Don't care who wins, the match will be horrible.
Cena winning the RR (again) was done the same reason why he won the MITB: so they can add to his resume of accomplishments

Old
01-28-2013, 09:19 AM
4thline4life

the wwe probably lost me as a regular viewer again. I mean I'll probably watch here and there since nothings on Mondays. But no way in hell am I going to raw in Philly like I was planning. I'm not mad with rock winning but I have absolutely no interest in a rock-cena twice in a lifetime match. Once was enough. And especially since cena will go over.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
the wwe probably lost me as a regular viewer again. I mean I'll probably watch here and there since nothings on Mondays. But no way in hell am I going to raw in Philly like I was planning. I'm not mad with rock winning but I have absolutely no interest in a rock-cena twice in a lifetime match. Once was enough. And especially since cena will go over.
it's funny because the WWE will probably act as if they didn't even have a match last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they billed the re-match this year as "once in a lifetime" again

Old
01-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Now, watch Cena end up gettting Dolph's briefcase and challenge both the WWE and WHC champs at WM and unify the titles after kicking out 47 finishers combined. I'm pretty sure that Vince would suffer a stroke from getting that much joy in such a short amount of time.

Closed Thread