HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semi-official what to do with Ebbett thread

View Poll Results: What should the Canucks do with Ebbett?
Get him off the Canucks roster asap 43 55.13%
He has some upside that is being ignored cause he is being asked to be a 2nd liner; 4th liner 18 23.08%
Should be a regular in the lineup guy 4 5.13%
Option 4 25 32.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-28-2013, 05:09 PM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
I'll never forget that play^^

Miss his speed, hustle and that sick shot.

Give us Tambo!

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
^ That play alone had more positive impact for us than anything an injured Glass did in ~20 games or so.
haha glad we rid of him. he had the worse +/- on the Jets last season. Which is pretty bad for a 4th line player. Wonder why the Pens would sign him.

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
haha glad we rid of him. he had the worse +/- on the Jets last season. Which is pretty bad for a 4th line player. Wonder why the Pens would sign him.
To be fair, he was a decent 4th liner for us - in the regular season. In the playoffs though it was a different story from what I remember. Very perplexing why they would even have him in the lineup when he was injured to boot - virtually ineffective, though that was not his choice. That's on the coach's decision to use him there in the first place. But size on the 4th line trumps all, I guess...

0 goals from the 4th line in 25 games. Just horrible. Tambo would have been better and I said as much during the run too.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:15 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Hate to be so critical but Ebbet is not an NHL player. My vote is clear. Get him off the team.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:26 PM
David71

hes an ahl player. nuff said.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Bitz and Bites

Don't see any use for him at all on the team.Does'nt have the size or skillset for a bottom 6 defensive or energy player and he's not even as effective as most of our regular bottom sixers like Hansen,Higgins(when he picks it up),Wiese,etc when they're playing top six minutes due to injuries.
I'd rather see a Hansen/Wiese type player as a 13th forward who could actually be useful in the bottom six and allow whichever regular bottom sixer that is playing well to move up in the lineup.

Bitz and Bites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
TheSnowLeopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Ebbett is the new Rome.
Rome was a servicable, bottom pairing stay at home NHL defenceman. If it wasn't for the fact that AV had a man-crush on him and that the NHL refs + Shanahan decided Rome was the perfect scapegoat for suspensions it would be great if he was still on the team. I am still steamed over Rome being suspended in the playoffs for a borderline hit when he had been taken out himself in a previous round by a far dirtier play with no suspension. Anyway . . .

Ebbet does not appear to have the hockey sense, speed or physicality to play in the NHL, at least from what we have seen the last few games. Unless he is injured or following some unknown coaching dictive it seems like there must be someone somewhere that is affordable that would fill that role better.

Hopefully Malholtra is back in tonight.

Cheers

TheSnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
come playoffs (if we make it), Ebbet will be our first sub if anyone gets injured. have fun watching Ebbett killing penalties against a line of Toews, Kane, and Sharp, Keith and Seabrook. Honestly, I just want Ebbett out because of the fact that I don't trust AV with how he plays him. It's more of a coaching decision problem so one of them has to go.
Um, wouldn't Volpatti and Malhotra (or whoever comes out when Kesler and Booth return) be ahead of him?

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Huh?

Glass played 13+ min per game with the Jets last year, and did the heavy lifting defensively along with Slater. Up there for highest QoC among their forwards, and second lowest offensive zone start percentage. Didn't come out well for those minutes, but that was a pretty tough haul.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
ProstheticConscience
Bopping along

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Waive him and call up Sweatt or Pinizzotto?
Bingo. Would have rather kept Bitz around than Ebbet, and would rather either of the two mentioned above get NHL tryouts before him.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Fat Tony
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Huh?

Glass played 13+ min per game with the Jets last year, and did the heavy lifting defensively along with Slater. Up there for highest QoC among their forwards, and second lowest offensive zone start percentage. Didn't come out well for those minutes, but that was a pretty tough haul.
I would have sent him packing for fanning on that great Tanev set up. I wouldn't even have waited for the period to end.

Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote