HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game 6: Columbus Vs Dallas| 7:00pm EST FSO|

Old
01-28-2013, 08:43 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Game 6: Columbus Vs Dallas| 7:00pm EST FSO|

7:00 PM
Nationwide Arena
Columbus, Ohio

Lines

Umberger - Anisimov - Dorsett
Foligno - Johansen - Prospal
Calvert - Dubinsky - Brassard
Gillies - Letestu - Boll

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Moore - Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

Inactive
Atkinson (IR), MacKenzie, Savard

Lines
Eriksson - Benn - Jagr
Whitney - Eakin - Ryder
Nystrom - Fiddler - Vincour
Morrow - Wandell - Garbutt

Dillon - Robidas
Jordie Benn - Daley
Goligoski - Larsen

Lehtonen

Inactive
Nilstorp (IR), Roy

"@MikeHeika: Stars still have to get Jamie Benn's paperwork done by 4 p.m. central time for him to play Monday Night"

"@RobMixer #CBJ lines this morning: 18-42-15, 9-10-40, 71-19-22, 11-17-16. Defense pairs remain the same."

"@RobMixer Those are in no particular order, just as they take rushes. #CBJ"

"@dankamal From a.m. skate, looks as though Bobrovsky gets the start tonight vs. Dallas."

"@StarsInsideEdge Kari Lehtonen will get the start tonight Vs. The #cbj"

@jrimercbj "#Stars still don't know if Jagr, lower body and Jamie Benn,immigration will play vs #CBJ tonight. But both are in the building and hopeful"

@RobMixer "Jaromir Jagr is taking the morning skate with the Stars, but it’s still unclear whether he plays tonight vs. #CBJ"

@MikeHeika "Lines at Morning Skate in Columbus: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr, Whitney-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour, Morrow-Wandell-Garbutt."

@MikeHeika "D-Pairs at Columbus: Dillon-Robidas, Jordie Benn-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen. Interesting switches there. Derek Roy (groin) is not on trip."

@dankamal "Jagr definitely in tonight."

@StarsPR "Jamie Benn's paperwork has been approved. He is expected to be in tonight's lineup."

“@RobMixer: #CBJ lines unchanged from the AM skate: 18-42-15, 11-17-16, 71-19-22, 9-10-40. Defense pairs the same, Bobrovsky in net.”

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 01-28-2013 at 05:42 PM.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
CBJFan19*

you have Jagr on the first line and inactives, diffrent guys or just a mistake?

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:03 AM
GrimReeper

This game is incredibly critical. I feel that we can rebound our slow start with a win tonight. Another loss, well...we just may be seeing the same old habits return.

My bold predictions:

- A CBJ Win, and scoring spree: 5-2 Blue Jackets.
- Umberger and Brassard both with 3 points
- Jack Johnson gets a goal
- Umberger gets a Gordie Howe

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:11 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
you have Jagr on the first line and inactives, diffrent guys or just a mistake?
He is probable. Line ups will be revised once/if someone reports them.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Jackets win 3-1. Go Jackets

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:14 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Jackets win 3-1. Go Jackets
Sounds good to me.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

"@RobMixer #CBJ lines this morning: 18-42-15, 9-10-40, 71-19-22, 11-17-16. Defense pairs remain the same."

"@RobMixer Those are in no particular order, just as they take rushes. #CBJ"

"@dankamal From a.m. skate, looks as though Bobrovsky gets the start tonight vs. Dallas."

"@StarsInsideEdge Kari Lehtonen will get the start tonight Vs. The #cbj"

Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Nordique

3-2 win. All PP goals for the CBJ. Foligno, Nikitin, Joey.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Getting goals on the PP is critical. Bobs is 2 for 2 lifetime against the Stars....so we've got that going for us.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:23 AM
IHeartZherdev

Would be nice to see the coaching staff actually hold players accountable tonight after Saturday's debacle.

If Brass takes a terrible penalty at a critical time tonight, I don't want to see him back on the ice without missing a shift. When Aucoin or Tyutin pass it to the wrong team, or commit another lazy turnover, sit them down.

On well coached teams, players are accountable for the mistakes they make - especially when they are the lazy type. The sooner the coaching staff stops giving RJ, Brass, and the rest of the usual offenders free passes, the better. Aside from just sending a message to the team, it might actually be what those guys need to respond and play better.

Out here on the east coast, you see Torts do that all the time. He benches guys for shifts or even whole periods, whether it's Brad Richards, Gaborik, or a 3rd liner. He gets on guys after they make a mistake, and lets them know it's not acceptable and more is expected of them. I'd love to see our coaching staff start treating are players like NHLers who are expected to win, as opposed to a JV team just happy to skate on the same ice as their opponents.

IHeartZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:28 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@jrimercbj "#Stars still don't know if Jagr, lower body and Jamie Benn,immigration will play vs #CBJ tonight. But both are in the building and hopeful"

@RobMixer "Jaromir Jagr is taking the morning skate with the Stars, but it’s still unclear whether he plays tonight vs. #CBJ"

@MikeHeika "Lines at Morning Skate in Columbus: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr, Whitney-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour, Morrow-Wandell-Garbutt."

@MikeHeika "D-Pairs at Columbus: Dillon-Robidas, Jordie Benn-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen. Interesting switches there. Derek Roy (groin) is not on trip."

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 01-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Snip
I'd hardly call Saturday's game a "debacle". Some dumb plays yes, but overall it was a great improvement compared to the recent road trip. Regardless of whether it is the best way to get better play out of the team, Richards is not Torts (thank goodness), and he will never coach like that.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
Regardless of whether it is the best way to get better play out of the team, Richards is not Torts (thank goodness), and he will never coach like that.
Holding players accountable for doing their jobs isn't a Torts thing, it's a professional sports coach thing.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:41 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
I'd hardly call Saturday's game a "debacle". Some dumb plays yes, but overall it was a great improvement compared to the recent road trip. Regardless of whether it is the best way to get better play out of the team, Richards is not Torts (thank goodness), and he will never coach like that.
Honestly, it's this attitude that is the worst part about the CBJ fandom and the organization. Hey, we made some terrible plays, but at least we didn't lose 4-0!

With the talent and youth, of course I don't expect this team to win a ton of games or make the playoffs. But that doesn't give them the excuse to play stupid and hand the puck to Jonathan Toews alone in front of the net by himself. If that isn't a debacle I don't know what is.

There is no way Aucoin deserves to be in the lineup tonight. Because he has been awful. But because of his age, contract, and other factors, he is still penciled in while a guy like Savard sits. This sends a terrible message to the team and in my opinion, is extremely poor coaching. We brought Aucoin in to be a smart, veteran player. If he is not doing that job he needs to sit for Savard. Putting Gillies in the lineup tonight but not Savard is extremely disappointing.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Updated lines from practice...
Eriksson - Jamie Benn - Jagr
Whitney - Eakin - Ryder
Nystrom - Fiddler - Vincour
Morrow - Wandell - Garbutt

Goligoski - Larsen
Jordie Benn - Daley
Dillon - Robidas

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Would be nice to see the coaching staff actually hold players accountable tonight after Saturday's debacle.
Saturday was a debacle?

Accountability is never a bad thing, but there are other ways to do it than to staple a guy to the bench.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Honestly, it's this attitude that is the worst part about the CBJ fandom and the organization. Hey, we made some terrible plays, but at least we didn't lose 4-0!
Meh. I guess I've finally found my rose-colored glasses and am cautiously optimistic about the direction of the team.

I'll be in the micro brew line if anyone wants to say hi.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
I can call a spade a spade, but a 3-2 loss with a controversial goal disallowed against the hottest team in the league isn't a debacle to me. The PHX game fits that description better, IMO.

Tolerating a close loss is not acceptance of losing. You're not going to win them all. Compete every night. I can 'tolerate' a loss like the one versus CHI, but I cannot tolerate a game like PHX. Maybe I'm alone in that.

Regarding mistakes, and how to correct them, different coaches have different methods. I love Torts, but his methods aren't the only way to get results..

Old
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Totally forgot Mike Ribeiro was no longer with the Stars.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Nor Steve Ott. No Ott this whole season! Woohoo!

Old
01-28-2013, 11:45 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Regarding mistakes, and how to correct them, different coaches have different methods. I love Torts, but his methods aren't the only way to get results..
I agree with this.

The problem is, we don't use any methods or correct any mistakes. We just are happy with effort (which isn't even 60 mins...the Chicago game we had a solid first period and last minutes of the 3rd) and go on making the same mistakes over and over again.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
JacketFanInFL

We lose 4-2. It will be sold as a moral win because a couple of our favorites skated hard and we got shortchanged by the refs and if Mason had started, it would have been 8-2.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
I agree with this.

The problem is, we don't use any methods or correct any mistakes. We just are happy with effort (which isn't even 60 mins...the Chicago game we had a solid first period and last minutes of the 3rd) and go on making the same mistakes over and over again.
I would counter with having seen far less mistakes against CHI than we saw against PHX, or even COL.

I felt like the CHI game was far more solid than not. There were ebbs and flows, but I never felt like they were being outclassed for entire runs of shifts. I guess we just see it differently.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
We lose 4-2. It will be sold as a moral win because a couple of our favorites skated hard and we got shortchanged by the refs and if Mason had started, it would have been 8-2.
Hoping you're wrong, and that you then go out and enjoy the sun a bit instead of being so miserable here.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@dankamal "Jagr definitely in tonight."