Notices

Roster/trade/etc discussion part IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
I'm not saying the Ducks will, and think that trading anything other than prospects and picks is a bad idea (no depth to allow for taking Lydman or Sbisa off the team right now), and actually think getting a RFA before signing Getzlaf/Perry period is a bad idea, but SOME team will be willing to throw a 1st + 3rd if Colorado tries to extort too much. Ottawa might be that desperate.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Bobby Smash

Need to give holland a serious shot at a top 6 spot. Love the organizational depth in the AHL. Smith-Pelly, Etem, Vatanen, Holland, Maroon, McMillan, etc.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Eddie Shack

I sure hope BM does nothing major until Perry and Getz are resolved. That would be a bad idea.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:55 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I'm not saying the Ducks will, and think that trading anything other than prospects and picks is a bad idea (no depth to allow for taking Lydman or Sbisa off the team right now), and actually think getting a RFA before signing Getzlaf/Perry period is a bad idea, but SOME team will be willing to throw a 1st + 3rd if Colorado tries to extort too much. Ottawa might be that desperate.
Would they match, though? I think a team has to offer them an incentive not to, even if he's willing to sign an offer sheet.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:08 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

[QUOTE=Ducks DVM;59691181actually think getting a RFA before signing Getzlaf/Perry period is a bad idea[/QUOTE]

I think this is the key, we have to get these two locked up before we even think about anything like ROR

Old
02-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Would they match, though? I think a team has to offer them an incentive not to, even if he's willing to sign an offer sheet.
Hard to say. They supposedly don't want to screw up team chemistry with the contract they gave Landeskog. Sounds like its getting to be a bad blood issue as well. I think 5M/5 years is way too high, but I also think the trade demands on the trade boards are way too high - they're asking for 1st line center returns. The guy has one good year.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:16 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I think it's possible the ducks are showcasing some young talent, anaheim scouts were at the pit/ott game. for right now i would like to see us get healthy and assess needs closer to TDL, we need Cam back to be a viable contender.

When Cam returns whos' out? maybe we rotate the D in and out to keep them healthy, it would be nice to give Beauch/Souray/Lydman some nights off here and there

Old
02-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Exit Dose

It doesn't sound like their GM is as delusional. The price I heard was a decent roster player and a top prospect.

Considering how many of them were blowing off Gardiner(before the injury) when they wanted a good 2/3 defensman, I'm not sure about the perspective some of them have beyond their team. In that one thread a couple of their fans were blowing off Holland because he wasn't as good as Etem or Palmieri.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:21 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I think it's possible the ducks are showcasing some young talent, anaheim scouts were at the pit/ott game. for right now i would like to see us get healthy and assess needs closer to TDL, we need Cam back to be a viable contender.

When Cam returns whos' out? maybe we rotate the D in and out to keep them healthy, it would be nice to give Beauch/Souray/Lydman some nights off here and there
I assume it would be Lovejoy that sits. He is our number 7 after all.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Markus078

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Let's at least give Holland a couple weeks to get a chance before we start dreaming about shipping him off. I would do that package for ROR, but I think holland is going to be a pretty good pro. We should wait and see how he turns out. Having a great year in the AHL
This!

Putting him on the wing is an option I have for a while now. I also think he could fit quite well with Getzlaf/Perry. Peter is a good skater, not a speedster for sure but better than Bobby for sure. And he is a big skilled body. I like the idea somehow. Let's see where they put him.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:03 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I assume it would be Lovejoy that sits. He is our number 7 after all.
i remember reading BB wanted to try and manage the minutes/games for his veteran players...if we can continue playing this well for a while I think we'll see these guys get a night off here and there, hopefully getting ready for the playoffs.

doesn't hurt to have kids in the minors who deserve some looks, in past year we didn't have these options

also completely on board with giving Holland some time, every time Palmieri has gone down, and then come back over the last 2/3 years he has gotten better each time. I don't want ROR, he's missed to many games and wants to much money

Old
02-14-2013, 07:33 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
So has perry? Send his ass down as well according to your logic.
A little different when one is making 5+ mil a year and one's on an ELC Etem was having decent games lately, but wasn't doing anything with his chances. Hopefully he goes down, gets plenty of top line minutes and comes back up with more offensive "flow". I was impressed with him though. His skating is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
It sucks to see him sent down cause I feel differently about it. But if this was going to be done why not earlier? We just burnt a year off his ELC unless Murray may call him up later in the season. Don't know weird move imo
Etem no longer has the contract roll because he's eligible to play in the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Ryan - Holland - Selanne

Beleskey - Bonino - Maroon

Don't blow it, Holland.
Please no Beleskey - Bonino - Maroon 4th line. I know that's what we've got now, but I'm not a fan.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:35 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
He's in the same boat as Morrow and Penner IMO. Hopefully low cost for potential high reward. Id rank them In the following order:

Clowe
Morrow
Latendresse
Penner
Too bad Clowe and Morrow are already in the Pacific. I'd love one of the two of them (especially Clowe for the first line). Latendresse might be a decent rental for a pick/prospect.

I'd like to experiment with lines like this for at least a practice:

Holland/Bonino-Getzlaf-Perry
Beleskey-Ryan-Teemu
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Maroon-Bonino/Holland-Palmieri
Staubitz

Beleskey/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Holland/Palmieri-Ryan-Teemu
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Maroon/Beleskey-Bonino-Palmieri/Staubitz
Staubitz/Maroon

I'd like to see Palmieri with Bonino and Maroon (who he had good chemistry with), but I hate the idea of having him on the fourth line. I think Maroon will be scratched and rotated into the lineup, but I think Holland will play while he's up. No reason to play Staubitz or Maroon over him.

Last edited by duxfan8: 02-14-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Too bad Clowe and Morrow are already in the Pacific. I'd love one of the two of them (especially Clowe for the first line). Latendresse might be a decent rental for a pick/prospect.

I'd like to experiment with lines like this for at least a practice:

Holland/Bonino-Getzlaf-Perry
Beleskey-Ryan-Teemu
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Maroon-Bonino/Holland-Palmieri
Staubitz

Beleskey/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Holland/Palmieri-Ryan-Teemu
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Maroon/Beleskey-Bonino-Palmieri/Staubitz
Staubitz/Maroon

I'd like to see Palmieri with Bonino and Maroon (who he had good chemistry with), but I hate the idea of having him on the fourth line. I think Maroon will be scratched and rotated into the lineup, but I think Holland will play while he's up. No reason to play Staubitz or Maroon over him.
can we keep mb away from our top 6

Old
02-14-2013, 12:12 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Bobby has been good at center but he's been better with Koivu in the middle. He's still terrible at face-offs but that's not a critical flaw to a center. I prefer him on the wing is all but if he continues to play center, fine.

But Holland isn't playing wing, that would be dumb. He have three centers in our lineup and we call up a fourth to play wing? I feel his call-up was done specifically to put Bobby back on the wing. Which isn't a knock on Bobby at all. I feel it's to allow Koivu to continue to dominate. He's playing the best hockey I've ever seen as a Duck and they ride that right now.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Bobby has been good at center but he's been better with Koivu in the middle. He's still terrible at face-offs but that's not a critical flaw to a center. I prefer him on the wing is all but if he continues to play center, fine.

But Holland isn't playing wing, that would be dumb. He have three centers in our lineup and we call up a fourth to play wing? I feel his call-up was done specifically to put Bobby back on the wing. Which isn't a knock on Bobby at all. I feel it's to allow Koivu to continue to dominate. He's playing the best hockey I've ever seen as a Duck and they ride that right now.
Agreed. If Holland is up, keep him at center. I mean sure we could move him to wing if we really need to because center to wing is an easier transition, but the point is we don't need to.

The Bobby to center experiment should begin in earnest this offseason.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

I think his call up was so that if they stack the lines in the 3rd period and move Koivu to the 2nd and Bonino to the 3rd, there's still a center on the team to take over duties on the 4th. If he can hold down a top 6 position that would be gravy, but he's going to be put wherever the team needs him right now.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:52 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:

i personally like him on the C position. he's so much better with the puck than without it, and at C he gets the most time with the puck. Ya his FO's need work but that can easily be worked on in the off-season. and he hasn't been THAT terrible actually stats wise.

bonino moving to the wing is a no-go imo. we need his FO's right now and thats suprising to hear considering he wasn't all that good last year. but the last 5 or so games he's been our best FO guy or close to it. koivu's actually been struggling and so has getzy.
also i think bonino did find his niche. he's a great bottom 6 forward whos solid defensively and can provide offensive on occasion. putting him in the top 6 with ryan and selanne i dont think will be good.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i personally like him on the C position. he's so much better with the puck than without it, and at C he gets the most time with the puck. Ya his FO's need work but that can easily be worked on in the off-season. and he hasn't been THAT terrible actually stats wise.

bonino moving to the wing is a no-go imo. we need his FO's right now and thats suprising to hear considering he wasn't all that good last year. but the last 5 or so games he's been our best FO guy or close to it. koivu's actually been struggling and so has getzy.
also i think bonino did find his niche. he's a great bottom 6 forward whos solid defensively and can provide offensive on occasion. putting him in the top 6 with ryan and selanne i dont think will be good.
I agree in keeping Holland at the C position, but it clearly seems as if he will play on the wing if he dresses in the NHL soon.

The bolded part I think is a credit to BB that we never seem to talk about. His management of the lines late in games, as of now, has been nothing short of genius.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Duckscolorman: #NHLDucks practice lines: Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry, Ryan-Holland-Selanne, Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik, Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri-Staubitz.

Don't know what it'll take for Palmieri to stick on the 1st

Old
02-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Duckscolorman: #NHLDucks practice lines: Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry, Ryan-Holland-Selanne, Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik, Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri-Staubitz.

Production. He's a -3 with no points in his last 5 games.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Production. He's a -3 with no points in his last 5 games.
i think it'll be good for palmieri. honestly this allows BB to roll 4 lines. maybe even in the 3rd period tbh.

that 4th line is the exact AHL line that tore it up last season. they have good chemistry and i think it'll be good. they'll go up against weaker competition and shuold be able to take advantage of it imo.

holland centering the two.. well we'll have to see how that goes. and if perry is finally starting to get it going, belesky will be fine on that line. he'll be the first one in crashing bodies.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i think it'll be good for palmieri. honestly this allows BB to roll 4 lines. maybe even in the 3rd period tbh.

that 4th line is the exact AHL line that tore it up last season. they have good chemistry and i think it'll be good. they'll go up against weaker competition and shuold be able to take advantage of it imo.

holland centering the two.. well we'll have to see how that goes. and if perry is finally starting to get it going, belesky will be fine on that line. he'll be the first one in crashing bodies.
totally agree. We haven't given Holland a chance at all... well here it is kid.

And I love when we roll 4 lines, it seems like we're so much harder to play against.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I think this is the perfect way for Holland to be introduced into a scoring role. Playing with those two should give him a lot of confidence.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:01 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:

It comes down to our logjam at right wing. Bobby was able to make the transition to the left side but Palmieri hasn't seemed to be able to. I like a little bit of skill on the fourth line and have no problem with Palmieri as long as they get a regular shift. I think Belesky has worked well on the top line at times this year too. And it seems no matter what Boudreau does he can't break up that third line. Not that it needs breaking.

Closed Thread