Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/trade/etc discussion part IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

vCash: 500
Vats + 2rd, i think vats could be in play we already moved a small pmd in trade when we had another one in the system, we may do it again

Old
02-15-2013, 02:34 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
lydman + holland + 2nd + Beleskey
Not close IMO, not enough value, even if he's holding out.

Aging top 4 dman (not useful for Av's right now) + UFA at seasons end
Potential #2 C prospect
4th line winger
2nd round pick

Av's do have leverage, while it's annoying he's holding out, they don't have to trade anytime soon given he's on RFA status, only thing that would force their hand is an OS, which would put them in a situation on taking the picks or matching and having a clearly unhappy player on the team for a year.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
There's a report somewhere that it wasn't just the money difference but was also the fact that they weren't going to give him the C. It sounds like its getting personal and that bridges are getting burned, but I haven't read anything that said he'd be willing to take less $$ elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
not sure if it been mentioned but it been reported that fact Laders got made C over ROR has really got to him plus maybe more behind scens stuff too, so i would not be shocked if that why he asking for the reported 5mill, also i think the Avs fans price is way high than what the Avs have in terms of leverage in real life, you make a good offer now they take it or he goes for nothing

sorry did not see post above
If those stories are true it would seem the kid still has a lot to learn about teamwork. I mean how can he be upset that at 21 years old they didn't give him the "C"? That hardly sounds like "C" material.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

we dont know what happend maybe the Avs promised him it but then went back on it

Old
02-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Unholy
waifu

Beauch and Souray #1 and 2 in +/-

02-17-2013, 01:35 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Interesting stats

Souray and Beauch are 1/2 in the league in goals for, while on the ice amongst defensemen in the league at 5 on 5 at 19 and 17.

Beauch has arguably been the best two way defender in the league this season, only 3 ES goals have been scored against him while starting most of his shifts outside the offensive zone, matched against top lines

One can argue Koivu is the leading Selke candidate right now. On the ice for ONE ES goal against, while on the ice for 13 scored.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:40 AM
AngelDuck

Beauchamin has been ridiculously good this year. I have more confidence in him than anyone else back there. We seriously need either Fowler to come back, or Sbisa/Lydman to play better. If both of those happened...this defense could be pretty great. I want us to trade Sbisa/Lydman when Fowler comes back

Fowler-Lydman/Sbisa
Souray-Beauchamin
Allen-Lovejoy

Lovejoy is WAY cheaper than Sbisa and Lydman and has been very effective in a bottom pairing role. We also have Vatanen and Lindholm as insurance.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:44 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Beauch should absolutely be in the Norris discussion, to this point anyways. he's +9 in his last 5 game

Old
02-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Exit Dose

I think everyone is forgetting that Sheldon Souray has a fairly extensive injury history.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Hopefully he doesn't punch anyone.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Hopefully he doesn't punch anyone.
If we start making these sorts of trades I'm willing to give him a freebie with our GM.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:35 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think everyone is forgetting that Sheldon Souray has a fairly extensive injury history.
Which is why Lovejoy was brought in. We can afford to trade one of Sbisa/Lydman once Fowler is fully healthy. Even if Souray goes down...We still have Fowler, Lydman/Sbisa, Allen, Beauchamin, Lovejoy, and Vatanen, Lindholm are depth. If Murray wants to he can try to get a defenseman, prospect, and maybe a pick for Sbisa which would give us more depth on the blueline if Souray goes down. Sbisa has been nothing more than a 3rd pairing guy this year...very shaky. I say trade him before his value is too low...Just my opinion

Old
02-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Exit Dose

Vatanen and Lindholm haven't even proven that they're ready for a full time job; in Lindholm's case, hasn't even had a tryout. How are they insurance? Maybe for the future, but that isn't the case right now.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:50 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

There is no reason to trade any of our D right now. To be able to carry 7 NHL quality d-men is huge for us. I don't understand why we always want to dump experienced players for prospects all the time, there is nothing wrong with letting prospects develop in the AHL for a year or two

I don't want to see Lindholm or Vatanen playing many NHL games this year, Vatanen isn't ready quite yet, and Lindholm hasn't played hockey in god knows how long, and could be out for the entire season for all we know.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Eddie Shack

I would much prefer to sit Sbisa in the press box for a few games before just getting rid of him. Sometimes young players can learn more sitting a game or two than constantly pressing on the ice.

For that matter I would also prefer giving him more time as a third pairing guy while he gets his act together.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I would much prefer to sit Sbisa in the press box for a few games before just getting rid of him. Sometimes young players can learn more sitting a game or two than constantly pressing on the ice.

For that matter I would also prefer giving him more time as a third pairing guy while he gets his act together.
Thank you. Also, one glance at teams like Ottawa, Colorado, and Philly should make anyone nervous about losing NHL-caliber defensemen. I don't like the idea of going into a playoff race where we're starting Guenin and Hendry because we felt that we needed to get draft picks while we could.

As Mightyquack says, having 7 NHL defenseman for a change is something that we should embrace.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:08 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Vatanen and Lindholm haven't even proven that they're ready for a full time job; in Lindholm's case, hasn't even had a tryout. How are they insurance? Maybe for the future, but that isn't the case right now.
They're injury insurance. Never said they should be handed a full time job, but if Souray does go down for some reason we have two high end prospects that can fill in for a length of time. You have no clue if they aren't insurance right now. Vatanen is a pretty damn good player in the AHL, and Lindholm is a total stud when he's healthy. The point is that Sbisa and Lydman are horrible, and Lovejoy has been better than both on that pairing with Allen. We have to sit/trade someone, and right now that person should either be Sbisa or Lydman. Like I said, if we move Sbisa, Murray can get an NHL veteran defenseman to provide more depth if he isn't comortable with the Lindholm/Vatanen thing. Trading Sbisa will also get us a draft pick and a prospect probably.

I like Sbisa, I really do, and I want him to succeed, but he just isn't improving. He's barely looking like a bottom pairing defenseman in what, his 5th season? He's no longer an inexperienced player. He's definitely not untouchable for the future because let's be honest, Fowler and Lindholm are more promising than him. Vatanen might be too.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:21 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Well Lindholm isn't insurance right now for a start, I don't think the Ducks are going to throw him into the NHL on the back of just coming back from 2 concussions either.

Sbisa is signed for what, another 2 years after this one? Nothing wrong with seeing what happens this season (only 1/4 of this season is evne completed so far), there is no urgency to trade him right now.

For all the hate they get, I don't even think Sbisa and Lydman has been that bad, not on their best form, but hardly been taking away from the quality of the team.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Exit Dose

We don't know whether they could be, though, therefore they are. Plus picks and prospects, because we clearly need to stock the cupboard.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:31 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
We don't know whether they could be, though, therefore they are. Plus picks and prospects, because we clearly need to stock the cupboard.
You can never have too much talent in the system. I think it's clear in the last 10 games that Sbisa isn't getting better. THis isn't lockout rust. He's just not very good.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Unagi

As ROR is no real option (too expensive, possible attitude problem and Avs want to ship him out East) and a lot of people want to move Sbisa, how about Sbisa stright up for Derick Brassard (COL)?

Old
02-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
You can never have too much talent in the system. I think it's clear in the last 10 games that Sbisa isn't getting better. THis isn't lockout rust. He's just not very good.
Yet apparently you can have too much NHL experience on your team. Good to know.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Which is why Lovejoy was brought in. We can afford to trade one of Sbisa/Lydman once Fowler is fully healthy. Even if Souray goes down...We still have Fowler, Lydman/Sbisa, Allen, Beauchamin, Lovejoy, and Vatanen, Lindholm are depth. If Murray wants to he can try to get a defenseman, prospect, and maybe a pick for Sbisa which would give us more depth on the blueline if Souray goes down. Sbisa has been nothing more than a 3rd pairing guy this year...very shaky. I say trade him before his value is too low...Just my opinion
I'm glad Murray isn't as inpatient as you. Sbisa played 14 games dude. 14 games... that's not even 1/4 of a normal season. You could maybe trade Lydman, but he's more valuable down the stretch than the mid-round pick or two that he will fetch. Teams trying to make a run load up on guys like him, they don't trade them away. I also don't want to have to rely on guys like Lovejoy, Vatanen, and/or Lindholm down the stretch if Souray or somebody goes down. Lovejoy is still a couple levels below Souray, Vatanen's not ready, and Lindholm hasn't even played an NHL game yet! You can't rely on guys like that. Fowler has a concussion, too. You can't be sure with those.

Trading Sbisa or Lydman will be a real bad decision, unless the are part of a deal that we can't refuse.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
There is no reason to trade any of our D right now. To be able to carry 7 NHL quality d-men is huge for us. I don't understand why we always want to dump experienced players for prospects all the time, there is nothing wrong with letting prospects develop in the AHL for a year or two
I don't get it either. Why the **** would we want to trade a solid guy like Lydman for a mid round pick, when we're trying to win?

Old
02-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
So it's safe to say Perry is trash now too? He hasn't had a very good start either, and he still hasn't totally picked it up yet.

Did you even watch Sbisa last season? He was playing quite well towards the end.

Closed Thread