Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 08:34 PM
NEWFowler
hi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Yeah with this interesting Bruce ''pushing system'' i could see Vatanen playing, actually.

On the other hand, who of 2,5-4m defenseman will sit? Any chance us going with 11F and 7D, i wonder?
Yeah, I can definitely see that happening on the road. I don't see BB letting Vatanen getting exposed at even strength with the other team having the last change. He'll likely debut at home..

Old
01-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Hey234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I meant top six LW'ers.

I wouldn't mind going after Clowe.
I am not sure about Clowe. For the 3rd line, absolutely. He would be physical and put up decent points.

2nd line, well... Sharks fans seem pretty split on this topic. His points dipped last year and many Sharks fans are blaming his change in style. He does seem to play more around the perimeter than in past years. However, his 45 points last year is still pretty good for the second line. He needs to sit in front of the net again and battle for pucks.

The biggest problem, though, is that some GM is going to give him a 4+ mil a year contract because of the powerforward label and I don't think he is worth that. Ideal scenario would be if he signed around 3 mil a year for 2-3 years and played on the 3rd line with occasional spot starts on second. However, if that were the case, then I'm sure San Jose would just keep him.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Hey234

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Pretty much agree with that. Ryan IMO is untouchable until we have Perry signed. All bets are off in the summer if Perry is under contract again. But even then we should keep him IMO. He just needs a decent center to play with him.
I agree with this. Without Perry and Getzlaf signed, Ryan isn't going anywhere. And the hope, at least in my opinion, is to find a center for Ryan, not trade him for one.

In the trade section, Sbisa+Holland/DSP/Etem seems to be fairly agreeable for both sides. It would hurt on defense, but we would finally have a long term second line center. This all, of course, is under the idea that contract terms would be agreed upon before the trade.

My personal opinion is that Sbisa+Holland would make the most sense for the Ducks. Maybe the addition of a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick would be needed. Holland becomes redundant because of ROR, Koivu, Bonino, and the impressive play of Rakell. Sbisa fills the need on the Avalanche.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey234 View Post
I agree with this. Without Perry and Getzlaf signed, Ryan isn't going anywhere. And the hope, at least in my opinion, is to find a center for Ryan, not trade him for one.

In the trade section, Sbisa+Holland/DSP/Etem seems to be fairly agreeable for both sides. It would hurt on defense, but we would finally have a long term second line center. This all, of course, is under the idea that contract terms would be agreed upon before the trade.

My personal opinion is that Sbisa+Holland would make the most sense for the Ducks. Maybe the addition of a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick would be needed. Holland becomes redundant because of ROR, Koivu, Bonino, and the impressive play of Rakell. Sbisa fills the need on the Avalanche.
It's not an agreeable trade we're finally gaining a 4th line presence with the kid line. Arguably our 4th line was one of the best lines we had against the sharks, maybe top 2 IMO. We had speed and an actual line gelling together. The pass to Etem was remarkable and the speed? There's no way I would pull a trade so soon yet. Lets see what we we marinaded here so far. Kudos to BB for line combinations btw.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
DigitalSea
Thank you Landon

I would love Derek Roy.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:00 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
It's not an agreeable trade we're finally gaining a 4th line presence with the kid line. Arguably our 4th line was one of the best lines we had against the sharks, maybe top 2 IMO. We had speed and an actual line gelling together. The pass to Etem was remarkable and the speed? There's no way I would pull a trade so soon yet. Lets see what we we marinaded here so far. Kudos to BB for line combinations btw.
Disagree, 3rd line was on fire again, 2nd line had a few nice scoring chances and started to gel a bit and first line getz was controlling the game perry just hasnt been able to cash in yet.

The kid line looked decent and showed a lot of promise but i would have still had them 4/4 when it came to overall play vs the sharks.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
First, the kid line has nothing to do Sbisa or Holland which were the componants of the suggested trade.

Additionally, the fourth line played well, but played fourth line minutes. They still have a lot to prove. While I agree with you that I would not trade Palmieri, Etem, or Rakell, Holland would be an obvious choice to trade fo a second line center as his projected role is a second line center and we have better options for the third line center position.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
defer

vCash: 50
AnaheimDucks: #NHLDucks practice lines: Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry; Selanne-Rakell-Ryan; Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik-Staubitz; Palmieri-Smith-Pelly-Bonino-Etem

Old
01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

Rakell and Bonino changed places in todays practice

edit
damn, got beaten to it

I still want to keep Bonino there, simply because i think Rakell is not ready. Looks like Ricky will have all the chances to prove me wrong once again

Old
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

Quote:
D-pairings today so far in practice drills: Fowler-Allen, Souray-Beauchemin; Sbisa-Vatanen; Lydman-Lindholm
wow

Lydman pays the price for last games 1st goal?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:08 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
wow

It's a numbers game and Vatanen needs to see some ice-time with our power play continuing to suck. It scares me sitting such a good penalty killer in Toni but Souray and Beauch were dynamite the other night so who knows? I really want to see what this kid can do and somebody has to sit.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
wow

They're trusting him to play with one of our best prospects. I don't think that's meant as a punishment.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Exit Dose

Speaking of which, was Lindholm cleared to play?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
defer

Those D pairings in practice are very interesting. I'm not fully up to date on Lindholm's status, could he possibly play?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Paul4587

I don't really trust a Sbisa - Vatanen pairing defensively. Hopefully if Vatanen plays he's paired with Lydman.

If Lindholm was cleared to play it would put us above the 23 man roster would it not? So unless someone goes down he's still on IR.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't really trust a Sbisa - Vatanen pairing defensively. Hopefully if Vatanen plays he's paired with Lydman.

If Lindholm was cleared to play it would put us above the 23 man roster would it not? So unless someone goes down he's still on IR.
He was never placed on IR.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Bodacious Wits
Castleton Snob

Then he's not on the roster? But he's not on the Ads roster either. He's Will Smiff in that one movie.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Exit Dose

Yep, it's just like Six Degrees of Separation.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
TooHotToTrotz

I'm fine with Rakell getting a look on that second line. Can't do worse than Bonino (who I feel has been OK there, but not good or great).

D pairings is very interesting. Lydman should not be scratched. Honestly, I don't think any of our D needs to be scratched. Maybe Sbisa for one game to clear his head.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:48 PM
paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
AnaheimDucks: #NHLDucks practice lines: Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry; Selanne-Rakell-Ryan; Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik-Staubitz; Palmieri-Smith-Pelly-Bonino-Etem
Finally.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Wow. Rakell is continuing to get a look on the 2nd line. That's... interesting. Boudreau really, really seems to like the kid.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Rakell on 2nd line. This I have to see live, even if it starts 4am local time.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
wow

I'm with Exit. I don't view that as a punishment. It looks, to me, more like trust; trust that Lydman is the right guy for Lindholm to learn from. Also, trust that Lydman could give an objective opinion on where Lindholm might stand in terms of NHL-readiness.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
IR.
Agreed. I hate that pairing idea personally. The one who should be benched is Sbisa (if Vatanen is in).

Allen- Fowler
Beauchemin- Souray
Lydman-Vatanen

This should be the pairs IMO if Vatanen gets a game.

I'm not surprised though. People didn't agree with me but I always thought in camp that Vatanen was being kept around for more than just injury purposes. Murray loves to play young and sometimes unproven young players.

I just really hate the idea of Lydman being traded for a future piece. If he's traded for a 2nd rounder i will be pissed. Guy has bounced back in a big way so far.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Wow. Rakell is continuing to get a look on the 2nd line. That's... interesting. Boudreau really, really seems to like the kid.
Kinda the ultimate test to see if he's ready for the NHL this year. This is last game before the decision must be made right?

And why in the **** has DSP not been sent down yet?

Closed Thread