HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Jan 29th versus Buffalo - We need Kessel going tomorrow!

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
81snipe

vCash: 800
Hoping with the 2 day rest Leafs will be refreshed and have a solid game. Though he's been playing well, really need to get Kessel on the score sheet and also hoping he can find some chemistry with JVR. Also maybe its about time to give Kostka a game off? Go with:

Gunnar-Phanuef
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Komisarek

?

Old
01-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Sergei Berezin

vCash: 500
Something people also need to realize with this team is that it's a work in progress.

There are going to be games where everything just works (Pittsburgh) and then games where **** falls apart (NYI/NYR).

I think the encouraging thing for me is that, while we've had collapses, we've seen some serious play by this team. It's not as though we've been dominated from puck drop to the final minute, there have been clear turning points, though.

I think the most important turning points of all the losses so far have been failure on the PP to put away the game or to keep the crowd quiet.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
RASHBEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Too bad the leafs didn't have two Kostka's, that would be a slick first pairing

Old
01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
i guess miller hasnt been so hot since we last saw him
He's been very good, the rest of the team outside of vanek and pominville has been a mess

Old
01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Something people also need to realize with this team is that it's a work in progress.

There are going to be games where everything just works (Pittsburgh) and then games where **** falls apart (NYI/NYR).

I think the encouraging thing for me is that, while we've had collapses, we've seen some serious play by this team. It's not as though we've been dominated from puck drop to the final minute, there have been clear turning points, though.

I think the most important turning points of all the losses so far have been failure on the PP to put away the game or to keep the crowd quiet.
its only 5 games.
we will see the real team after the 10th game.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:19 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:

A smart post. Thanks.

And tbh, I'd rather prefer to start off like this with some hard fought games rather than the 4-0 illusion we had the last two years. This team has it's flaws but it's better we know what they are right away rather than living off an illusion like we did before. Last year was the biggest trip I've ever had as a Leafs fan. After that depressing collapse at the end of the season, I took a serious step back and re-evaluated this team. There's a lot of flaws, but it's a work in progress.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Donmega

scott going to get his ass kicked again. Leafs lose 7 - 2

Old
01-28-2013, 10:29 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

these last 2 posts are actually really good, most of them have been, like, this team sucks, we have no future, lol, trade kessel, etc..

I have seen improvment in our zone, still work to be done, but it's looking like it's headed in right direction, PK looks good, though I still think we are a little bit to back on the PK [atleast the forwards, but there is pressure, so thats a good sign]

offense needs to be better, but it will start clicking soon

decent start, but work ahead for sure

Old
01-28-2013, 10:38 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

want to see alot of JVR and Kadri on the PP
JVR standing in front of miller

Old
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
The_Chosen_One

I don't see how the hatred against Kostka is rational. He has been solid and can handle big minutes. The fact that they were able to keep up with the Rangers, heavily stacked, first line for 45 minutes was impressive.

If anything, it was decision-making errors by Phaneuf that made the Leafs vulnerable. That had a lot to do with the >30 minute ice time and Randy is going to change that.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
I don't see how the hatred against Kostka is rational. He has been solid and can handle big minutes. The fact that they were able to keep up with the Rangers, heavily stacked, first line for 45 minutes was impressive.

If anything, it was decision-making errors by Phaneuf that made the Leafs vulnerable. That had a lot to do with the >30 minute ice time and Randy is going to change that.
I agree.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post

It's the fact that he is a decent dman, but should not be on the top pair, nor anywhere near the powerplay since he has almost no creativity, and that Gunnar is just better than him and should be top pair.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
A smart post. Thanks.

And tbh, I'd rather prefer to start off like this with some hard fought games rather than the 4-0 illusion we had the last two years. This team has it's flaws but it's better we know what they are right away rather than living off an illusion like we did before. Last year was the biggest trip I've ever had as a Leafs fan. After that depressing collapse at the end of the season, I took a serious step back and re-evaluated this team. There's a lot of flaws, but it's a work in progress.
lol I thought you were the guy you quoted, since you have the same profile picture, complimenting himself on the post.

And, I'd rather the 4-0 hard fought and to keep on going lol.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
DaveT83

Quote:

What year is this? Deja Vu every time I come to this forum now.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:37 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
In case any of you were wondering, a couple tickets just got released due to the increased capacity and whatnot.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Action Jackson

Let's hope KEssel shows up this game. Can't wait to see his filfthy shot go top cheese this season, leafs could use his first one right about now

Old
01-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Four1 Lead
Virtanen at 8.

Come onnnn regulation loss!

Let's do it again!

Old
01-29-2013, 12:53 AM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
any word on who is starting?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Aplayaz2000

take the first period
multiple by 3

that is all

Old
01-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Woll Smoth

vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
A smart post. Thanks.

Am I missing something? What "hard fought games" have they played? Scoring in the first then being dominated in the 2nd and 3rd don't count as hard fought games in my books. Falling apart and generating almost no scoring chances in the 2nd half of the game don't count either.

It's been the same story for years with this team. Jump off to a good start, trail off and blow a lead. There was no illusion last year, a lot of people could see that the team was just out scoring their problems right off the gate. Teams adapted to the Leafs' speed and the Leafs owned the worst after the all-star break.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
What year is this? Deja Vu every time I come to this forum now.
I could say the same response as you, except replace the word 'year' with 'loss'.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:26 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Come onnnn regulation loss!

Let's do it again!
So it begins.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:36 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
scott going to get his ass kicked again. Leafs lose 7 - 2
A little optimistic, don't you think?

Old
01-29-2013, 05:55 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
This time, keep the foot on the gas for 60 minutes.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:05 AM
VaporTrail
GOODBYE D'arse !!!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
In case any of you were wondering, a couple tickets just got released due to the increased capacity and whatnot.
why you telling this to them ?

Closed Thread