HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto and Washington

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 12:43 AM
  #1
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Toronto and Washington

With Ovie saying he'd love to play in Toronto in the past, I am proposing a trade..

Jake Gardiner
Tyler Bozak
2013 1st

for

Alex Ovechkin


Last edited by x74Pacioretty74x: 02-03-2013 at 12:46 AM. Reason: nope
x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:45 AM
  #2
snizzbone*
ignore listed
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Gardiner, Bozak, and our 1st are way too valuable (specifically bozak; first line centers that are great on the draw and defensively are hard to come by), Ovie is not worth that much.

Kadri would be the centerpiece of the deal. Before this year he was considered a bust by most, but he has clearly shown that he is going to be a 1st line center for a very long time. Now, with Ovie coming back, we need to clear up some spots on the wing, so I will add MacArthur to the deal. This may seem like not that much going to Washington for Ovie, but OVie's contract is veyr long and bad. I do think that the Leafs would need to add though so I am proposing a 3rd round pick in 2013, this will bring a quality asset to washington as this draft is very deep.

kadri
macarthur
2013 3rd

thoughts?

snizzbone* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:48 AM
  #3
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Gardiner, Bozak, and our 1st are way too valuable, Ovie is not worth that much.

Kadri would be the centerpiece of the deal. Before this year he was considered a bust by most, but he has clearly shown that he is going to be a 1st line center for a very long time. Now, with Ovie coming back, we need to clear up some spots on the wing, so I will add MacArthur to the deal. This may seem like not that much going to Washington for Ovie, but OVie's contract is veyr long and bad. I do think that the Leafs would need to add though so I am proposing a 3rd round pick in 2013, this will bring a quality asset to washington as this draft is very deep.

kadri
macarthur
2013 3rd

thoughts?
Honestly, I feel Washington is getting too much. But, Maybe upgrade the 2013 3rd too a 2013 2nd? But Kadri and Macarthur willI IMMENSELY improve Washingtons top 6. Players like Kadri only come along every so often.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:50 AM
  #4
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
With Ovie saying he'd love to play in Toronto in the past, I am proposing a trade..

Jake Gardiner
Tyler Bozak
2013 1st

for

Alex Ovechkin
Caps easily say no the deal would start with Kessel 1st for sure

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:50 AM
  #5
snizzbone*
ignore listed
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Honestly, I feel Washington is getting too much too. Maybe upgrade the 2013 3rd too a 2013 2nd? But Kadri and Macarthur willI IMMENSELY improve Washingtons top 6. Players like Kadri only come along every so often.
You're right, Washington is getting a bit much. I think you meant to say 2013 4th instead of 2013 3rd not 2013 2nd.

Kadri
MacArthur
2013 4th

snizzbone* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:52 AM
  #6
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
You're right, Washington is getting a bit much. I think you meant to say 2013 4th instead of 2013 3rd not 2013 2nd.

Kadri
MacArthur
2013 4th
Yeah, its definitely more reasonable with the value of Kadri being at an all time high. The kid is the definition of stud first line winger.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:53 AM
  #7
snizzbone*
ignore listed
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Caps easily say no the deal would start with Kessel 1st for sure
Kessel has proven to be a much more valuable player recently. Ovie has declined rapidly and I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a 40 point winger in the near future, unless he gets traded to toronto where he could ressurect his career

snizzbone* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:53 AM
  #8
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Are you guys for real?

That's and horrible offer for Ovy 29 teams could do better than that.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:54 AM
  #9
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Are you guys for real?

That's and horrible offer for Ovy 29 teams could do better than that.
Totally serious. In fact, I wouldnt trade Prust for Ovy straight up on Montreal.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:54 AM
  #10
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,141
vCash: 1800
If the Caps were determined to do a full-on rebuild, they would take a chunk of his cap hit and watch the offers increase twofold in value.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:54 AM
  #11
snizzbone*
ignore listed
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Totally serious. In fact, I wouldnt trade Prust for Ovy straight up on Montreal.
prust is definitely an interesting asset. you dont see many tough guys who can put up 60 points on the regular.

snizzbone* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
  #12
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
prust is definitely an interesting asset. you dont see many tough guys who can put up 60 points on the regular.
60 points is pushing it a bit, but he's definitely a valuable first liner for the Habs at this given time.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:00 AM
  #13
ProstheticConscience
RIP Ryp
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,832
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
With Ovie saying he'd love to play in Toronto in the past, I am proposing a trade..

Jake Gardiner
Tyler Bozak
2013 1st

for

Alex Ovechkin


Classic. Interesting variation on the usual 4 quarters for a dollar proposal; this time it's a quarter and 2 dimes.

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:01 AM
  #14
VancityAce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
This is not fair value for us at ALL

VancityAce is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:02 AM
  #15
snizzbone*
ignore listed
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post


Classic. Interesting variation on the usual 4 quarters for a dollar proposal; this time it's a quarter and 2 dimes.
How exactly are Gardiner and a 2013 1st 'dimes'? Surely they are at least worth a quarter each. Bozak is also worth at least two quarters, making the deal a full 'dollar'.

snizzbone* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:02 AM
  #16
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post


Classic. Interesting variation on the usual 4 quarters for a dollar proposal; this time it's a quarter and 2 dimes.
Your math is off, Bozak is worth 5 dollars.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:04 AM
  #17
LV*
Free my bro Leivo
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,560
vCash: 4152
Post a link of Ovechkin saying that, I remember an old video of him on YouTube wearing a Leafs toque, lol.

LV* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:05 AM
  #18
snizzbone*
ignore listed
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Post a link of Ovechkin saying that, I remember an old video of him on YouTube wearing a Leafs toque, lol.
I remember it was on HNIC and he said he'd love to be apart of the Leafs organization in the future, but he was signed long term with Washington.

snizzbone* is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:07 AM
  #19
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Gardiner, Bozak, and our 1st are way too valuable (specifically bozak; first line centers that are great on the draw and defensively are hard to come by), Ovie is not worth that much.

Kadri would be the centerpiece of the deal. Before this year he was considered a bust by most, but he has clearly shown that he is going to be a 1st line center for a very long time. Now, with Ovie coming back, we need to clear up some spots on the wing, so I will add MacArthur to the deal. This may seem like not that much going to Washington for Ovie, but OVie's contract is veyr long and bad. I do think that the Leafs would need to add though so I am proposing a 3rd round pick in 2013, this will bring a quality asset to washington as this draft is very deep.

kadri
macarthur
2013 3rd

thoughts?
haha ok buddy

__________________

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:10 AM
  #20
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,918
vCash: 500
Add Kurt Etchegary

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
  #21
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Add Kurt Etchegary
For Sure.

Kurt Etchegary is what makes the deal fair.


__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
  #22
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Add Kurt Etchegary
Go back to Luxy and make a better proposal yourself if you think this is so lopsided.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:18 AM
  #23
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 816
If the Leafs are giving that kind of package for Ovi, then they should be at least getting Backstrom back as well. We will toss in a 2nd for Kuznetsov as well.

Schenn is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:19 AM
  #24
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
If the Leafs are giving that kind of package for Ovi, then they should be at least getting Backstrom back as well. We will toss in a 2nd for Kuznetsov as well.
That 2nd could be another Nazem Kadri. No way.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:20 AM
  #25
VancityAce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Welcome to HF! Saw that this was your first post. Hope you enjoy it here.
I usually don't post, but ihad to stand up for caps fans on this one, worst proposal I've seen so far

VancityAce is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.