HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Face off Woes

Old
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Blitz
WANTED: Top-4 LHD...

vCash: 500
If there is any possible way to trade for a guy with a 50% or better F/O% who can also play a top-6 role we need to do it. An possibly attainable guy like Stastny (55.4% in 2012), Weiss (53.2%), Filppula (51.7%), Bryan Little (49.6%), or even Horcoff (49.4% - if the price is right) would be a steadying force for defensive zone work, as well as being able to mentor Hodgson/Grigs/Girgs going forward.

We aren't going to win many games losing 2/3 of the draws....

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
punkr0x

vCash: 500
I do think the coaches could probably help these guys improve, but only to a point. Some players are just better at faceoffs than others. Look at Cody Hodgson, he was in Vancouver last year, the team was 3rd in the league at 52.2%. He had the lowest faceoff win percentage there and surprise, he's still bad at them here. Paul Gaustad was typically near the top of the league in faceoff % while playing for Lindy. At this level I think it depends more on the player than the coach (of course it's on the coach to have the right guys taking the draws.) I think Ott and Pominville should be handling more of the faceoff duties for this team, they're better at it.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote