HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you like to see Ullstrom on the first line?

View Poll Results: Should the Isles try Ullstrom on the first line?
Yes 34 38.64%
No 37 42.05%
Maybe 17 19.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  #76
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
Really. You're comparing Mike Bossy with Ullstrom.
No, I think Ullstrom is better.

Obviously, I was just using that as a counter to the "leave well enough alone" argument. I wasn't making a comparison between Ullstrom and Bossy, again obviously. But if you want to think that, go ahead.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:57 PM
  #77
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
No, I think Ullstrom is better.

Obviously, I was just using that as a counter to the "leave well enough alone" argument. I wasn't making a comparison between Ullstrom and Bossy, again obviously. But if you want to think that, go ahead.
I get what you are saying and as much as I love Ullstrom I just don't see first line potential. He's very responsible defensively, has good speed and energy and I'm sure he'd do well with Tavares as pretty much everyone would but he's much more of a 2nd or 3rd line player. He's got talent but I'd rather see Bailey replace Okposo on the first line. Keep Ullstrom where he is having his first success ever as an nhl player.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
  #78
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
I get what you are saying and as much as I love Ullstrom I just don't see first line potential. He's very responsible defensively, has good speed and energy and I'm sure he'd do well with Tavares as pretty much everyone would but he's much more of a 2nd or 3rd line player. He's got talent but I'd rather see Bailey replace Okposo on the first line. Keep Ullstrom where he is having his first success ever as an nhl player.
Okay, so we're basically on the same page. I suggested Bailey as RW on the 1st line somewhere, earlier in this thread maybe. I think his playmaking skills would fit well with JT and Moulson. And KO would fit better without the 1st line scoring responsibility.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
  #79
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
Okay, so we're basically on the same page. I suggested Bailey as RW on the 1st line somewhere, earlier in this thread maybe. I think his playmaking skills would fit well with JT and Moulson. And KO would fit better without the 1st line scoring responsibility.
Yeah I've wanted Bailey to play with JT since last year. He has much more offensive upside and he can be a very creative playmaker too. KO can replace McDonald.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.